Diana Let's see your Giss guns.

John Whiscombe's amazing limited-production guns used the original Giss patent system, with pistons moving toward each other. Some of those met or considerably exceeded 12 FPE. IIRC some of them had multi-stroke cocking that even allowed shooting at different power levels.

More info and pics here:

No different power levels, only the Dual Magnum and P1/HW45 do that. Multiple strokes were required but had to achieve final stroke (2-3 pending model) to engage trigger mechanism and could not be fired before that.

John Whiscombe's amazing limited-production guns used the original Giss patent system, with pistons moving toward each other. Some of those met or considerably exceeded 12 FPE. IIRC some of them had multi-stroke cocking that even allowed shooting at different power levels.

More info and pics here:
Interesting read. Thank you for posting.

No different power levels, only the Dual Magnum and P1/HW45 do that. Multiple strokes were required but had to achieve final stroke (2-3 pending model) to engage trigger mechanism and could not be fired before that.
Thanks Mike, I corrected my previous post. I seem to be full of disinformation this week! :(

Last edited:
John Whiscombe's amazing limited-production guns used the original Giss patent system, with pistons moving toward each other. Some of those met or considerably exceeded 12 FPE. IIRC some of them had so much power, that the cocking action required multiple strokes.

More info and pics here:
Stalled...nothing out there being produced and offered to us consumers.

Reactions: Bandito
I shamelessly ripped off this image of a factory cutaway model 6 pistol from Danny Garvin's fabulous "Vintage Airguns Gallery" site. It shows the workings of the "Giss system Dianas" very well:

0. Breech seal and transfer port
1. Blue seal on face of front piston
2. Straight rack teeth, on both sides of the bottom half of the front piston
3. Controller cogs, on both sides of the receiver tube
4. Rack teeth on top of rear piston
5. Blue bumper on face of rear piston
6. Metal piston spacing shims and red end cap pad

View attachment 456805

Note also the gun has doubled mainsprings, one inside the other and wound in opposite directions, to reduce vibration.

(So anyway - how cool would it be to own this thing...!?!? I have a hot flash of envy every time I see this pic...!)
Amazing pieces of equipment.
I wonder why Diana stopped producing them?

I would assume they fell away because of power. That's what seems to sell these days. While admittedly I get bored shooting over and over at short range, i can appreciate the quality and function of these pieces. I also don't have any places in my area that shoot competition or i'd probably be hook line and sinker in on that.

Reactions: Bandito
I would assume they fell away because of power. That's what seems to sell these days. While admittedly I get bored shooting over and over at short range, i can appreciate the quality and function of these pieces. I also don't have any places in my area that shoot competition or i'd probably be hook line and sinker in on that.
So start a match but be patient. Lots of talkers but most seem afraid of competition. It's crazy. Our group of about a dozen regulars have improved as a group a ton in the last year. We keep pushing each other and exchanging ideas. Targets that won a year ago leave you in the bottom half now. Lots of fun and challenges.

Reactions: Nitrocrushr
Dians D75 T01, amazingly accurate and dead still shot cycle

View attachment 456447
i see the Champions Choice pellets , they get them from H&N I ask last time i was there, next week i should go there again , taking a limited amount of cash and no cards hahaha