Diana Let's see your Giss guns.

First, i've never been much for 10m shooting and i have a couple of built up 1377s that suit my short range needs. But i have a new found respect for these giss guns. They are just easy to hit the mark.
To windy here today to get outside and the longest i can get in the house is 13 yds. It seems to really like the sigair match pellets. With these target sights i'm starting to find my groove, it was a struggle at first.
Being this is the only giss gun i have ever shot, i don't know if they all compare to this or not? Love to see some other examples of what's out there.
The fellow that i got the 333 from also had a 75 for sale but the price was up there imo. I'm now looking at the pistol variations, who knows.
DSC02505.JPGDSC02506.JPGDSC02508.JPG

i have 3 75's all TO1's i have 9 model 6's in either 6-6g-6m and 4 model 10's 3 in right hand and 1 i left hand
many diopters like the above rifle it has and Anschutz diopter but it came with a model 60 diopter
Diana had 5 diopter sights
the model 60 first
the model 75 next
the model 75 TO1 to fit the new dovetail mount
the model 100 that was an option on the model 75 TO1 and was on the only SSP rifle the model 100 and the first 20 click sight
and the model 82 made by Elite and the rarest of the bunch and also 20 clicks

rifle are in there cases and to lazy to bring them out for pictures
thumbnail_IMG_4105.jpg

I have two examples of Diana's model 60 - the first Giss rifle - which came out in 1963. It has the same innards and trigger as the later model 65 / 66 (aka Winchester 333, etc.) - introduced 1968 - but is slightly shorter and lighter and lacks the breech lock. The 65 / 66 was discontinued when the mighty model 75 arrived in 1977, but oddly enough, the 60 lived on into the early 1980's as their junior match rifle.

An often overlooked characteristic of the early barrel-cocking Giss rifles is the amazing fit and finish. The stocks have a genuine oil finish and the checkering quality frankly embarrases contemporary Walthers and Weihrauchs.

This standard Match model is a "Hy-Score 810," made in 1967. It came to me in the box with all the right goodies; note the blued barrel sleeve and Diopter 60 rear sight. The black buttplate is not original, replaced when RWS in New Jersey re-sealed it.

This Tyro is an "RWS model 60," made in 1982. It came to me in non-working condition with zero accessories, and thanks to the sharp eyes and extreme generosity of a couple friends, now has its correct OEM Diopter 75 sight, double-sleeve front sight, auxiliary trigger blade, and damn-near-unobtanium matte phosphate-finished barrel seeve. It was rebuilt by the late Randy Bimrose who commented it was the hardest-shooting 60 he'd ever seen...I might have to be buried with it, LOL.

Last edited:
Diana 75, pre T01, dated 1978. This is a BKA contract gun, stamped BEFORE blueing as a government contract item, and later sold by Dumbeck presumably after disposal as surplus. F A Dumbeck is stamped AFTER blue, and less neatly maybe by hand?
Waffen Dumbeck still exists in Munster where the gun was purchased.
Franz Dumbeck was the original owner of the company.
BKA is the Bundeskriminalamt, similar to our F.B.I.
L1010419.jpeg
L1010420.jpeg
L1010427.jpeg

Last edited:
Some nice 75s. The gentleman i got the 333 from at a gunshow had a pristine 75 for sale. Not sure what year or any of the specifics but he was asking $750 and i'm guessing i could have gotten it for $5-550 or so. Not sure about the seals as he said the one i bought shot well when it needed seals, is that the going rate on a clean 75?

Reactions: Bandito
Some nice 75s. The gentleman i got the 333 from at a gunshow had a pristine 75 for sale. Not sure what year or any of the specifics but he was asking $750 and i'm guessing i could have gotten it for $5-550 or so. Not sure about the seals as he said the one i bought shot well when it needed seals, is that the going rate on a clean 75?
I'm also curious about this. I'm looking at one that needs to be resealed and missing the rear sight. I'm waiting for pictures to know condition and exact model.

Reactions: Bandito
I have a 6M and a kid's trainer made by Diana using the same action with a long rifle barrel looking shroud. It has a highly adjustable LOP to allow adjustments for most kids. As I am a dinosaur there may not be photos to follow. AND if you find a 6M front sight piece please let me know as somehow it dropped out and hasn't been seen. That or I will have to make one. That may not be pretty as I don't have the specs. It was quite unique. Be Well, Bandito.

Last edited:
Reactions: muddydogz