• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Air Arms Let's see those TX200-SR's!

I completely admit they are a full blown obsession for me. Just picked up the most recent addition to the family.

They were designed for FT and were gun of the year when they came out. There was a rule change that forced them to compete against PCP's and production quickly ended. In the years after, many people began to complain about the extra cocking at the end of the stroke (which is minimal to be honest) and for several years you saw threads about how the standard TX200 was just as accurate. Those lucky enough to have one knew better, and held onto them. Today they have come full circle and are very hard to find again.
I am deeply grateful to the friends who have allowed me to pick up, and care for the examples I currently have.
5 TX200 SR's.JPG
All are MKII's
Top is a right hand action in a left hand Mike Abernathy Tyrolean stock. (RWS stamped)
Second is a fully left handed action in a left hand Hyedua (Shedua) NJR designed stock.
3rd is a right hand action in a lefty Hyedua (Shedua) NJR styled stock. Not sure if it is an actual NJR since it has the schnabel at the forend.
4th is the newest to me all right hand. (RWS stamped)
Bottom is a right hand Venom. To date this is the only confirmed Venom SR I have seen. Of course others may be out there.

Thanks for looking.

PLEASE add yours to the thread!

I remember this era (Late 1990s - early 2000s), and what you read online about the SR was different than actual sales. The SR was downplayed online due to "inconsistencies" with the sled system. Yet this rifle went for sky high prices on the boards, such as Brads, and were snatched within hours. Those days are long gone, so now I have no choice but to heavily brown nose. To put it in writing in case you forget, I want the Venom one please. Actually all of them on second thought.