Sheridan Let’s see those Pumpers!

Back in the early 1980’s I did a custom finish on a bed for a man that owned a gun shop. He paid me off with a brand new Sheridan “Blue Streak.” I hadn’t had a pellet rifle since I was a boy back in the early/mid 1960’s. I was immediately hooked. A few years later I moved into the Beeman R1. I mean, who didn’t? Now some 40 years later I have moved backwards. Springers are wonderful and I have more than a few. Just found myself not shooting as much as I once did. Then I picked up a 2008 Crosman 392PA 22 caliber with a custom stock. Oh boy, I‘m back. I’m enjoying the simplicity, light weight, smooooth firing and dead nuts accuracy I once did decades ago. The 392PA opened the door to a 2003 Crosman S-C9A 20 caliber and 1991 Benjamin S-397P 177 caliber. And the Benjamin S-397P is a mate to the Benjamin S-H9 177 caliber pistol I bought new back in the early 1990’s. So now with a pumper in all 3 calibers, I have no need for another. Denial is a wonderful tool! Top to bottom - S-397P, S-C9A, 392PA, S-H9 pistol. The S-H9 pistol is number 3674 made. The serial numbers started at 100001. In 1991.
Let’s see yours.
C20C26E9-D052-435E-93AD-FAA5C7EFB0F4.jpeg
A21CE115-D7CE-4AFF-A9CE-776E3947F0F2.jpeg

Last edited:
Back in the early 1980’s I did a custom finish on a bed for a man that owned a gun shop. He paid me off with a brand new Sheridan “Blue Streak.” I hadn’t had a pellet rifle since I was a boy back in the early/mid 1960’s. I was immediately hooked. A few years later I moved into the Beeman R1. I mean, who didn’t? Now some 40 years later I have moved backwards. Springers are wonderful and I have more than a few. Just found myself not shooting as much as I once did. Then I picked up a 2008 Crosman 392P 22 caliber with a custom stock. Oh boy, I‘m back. I’m enjoying the simplicity, light weight, smooooth firing and dead nuts accuracy I once did decades ago. The 392P opened the door to a 2003 Crosman C9A 20 caliber and 1991 Benjamin 397P 177 caliber. And the Benjamin 397P is a mate to the Benjamin H9 177 caliber pistol I bought new back in the 1990’s. So now with a pumper in all 3 calibers, I have no need for another. Denial is a wonderful tool! Top to bottom - 397P, C9A, 392P.
Let’s see yours.View attachment 446368View attachment 446369

Those look sweet. Are they nickel plated? Nice job on the refinishing. I like the satin finish. Crow

Are they nickel plated?
Yes, they are nickel plated. For brief time about 10% of certain Sheridan/Benjamin/Crosman pistols and rifles were offered in a beautiful shinny nickel plated finish. But as Crosman does, they keep cutting quality to maintain a price point. Now these days are gone.

What? N
Back in the early 1980’s I did a custom finish on a bed for a man that owned a gun shop. He paid me off with a brand new Sheridan “Blue Streak.” I hadn’t had a pellet rifle since I was a boy back in the early/mid 1960’s. I was immediately hooked. A few years later I moved into the Beeman R1. I mean, who didn’t? Now some 40 years later I have moved backwards. Springers are wonderful and I have more than a few. Just found myself not shooting as much as I once did. Then I picked up a 2008 Crosman 392P 22 caliber with a custom stock. Oh boy, I‘m back. I’m enjoying the simplicity, light weight, smooooth firing and dead nuts accuracy I once did decades ago. The 392P opened the door to a 2003 Crosman C9A 20 caliber and 1991 Benjamin 397P 177 caliber. And the Benjamin 397P is a mate to the Benjamin H9 177 caliber pistol I bought new back in the 1990’s. So now with a pumper in all 3 calibers, I have no need for another. Denial is a wonderful tool! Top to bottom - 397P, C9A, 392P.
Let’s see yours.View attachment 446368 View attachment 446369
What ? No anniversary 100 yr.

WOW! A bunch of really nice rifles and pistols!
I have been busy refurbing a couple Blue Streaks that a friend gave to me. More work than I originally thought, but they look nice enough.
One wasn't cosmetically poor and Tru-Oil made it look great. Mechanically of course it needed a reseal. Done!
The other wasn't quite as nice cosmetically, so a lot more work. The barrel and receiver needed to be re-soldered, so I got that done okay, but that left more to do on the metal barrel and air tube. Tru-Oil helped a bunch, but the metal didn't come out as well as I would have liked. I used Birchwood-Casey Blackening on it. It worked so-so. I thought of going with Duracoat, Gloss Black, but it cost over $85 shipped and taxed, so I stuck with the blackening. Resealed and Done!
Polished up the triggers a tad and made them better, I also recrowned them with the old brass, roundhead screw and JB Bore Paste.
It was a great learning experience and I'd do it again....and again....and again.
Mike

I’ve been looking at one. I just do not like guns with coins or medallions inlaid in the stocks. Also the plastic that Crosman used on it. Just a quirk of mine. Can’t seem to get over it.
Totally agree. I did get one and really like it. Out of the box 10m. shot kicked a can dead center. Stock could use some oil. This thing is really compact too. I see grocery carts piled high with junk food that cost. I did have an issue with the stock and Crosman took care of it. I like Crosman.

I changed the trigger out in my 72 yesterday. It cleaned up some shooting, and saftey function issues it had. I had apparently cut that sear back in my youth.
20240317_163508.jpg

beerthief had an extra trigger for me, 👍

We were talking about how nice is the Sheridan C models trigger is, and how it is just a simple one piece trigger.

I enjoy them, especially.bringing dumpster queens back to life.
20240318_100929.jpg

My newer 392PA, in comparison to the vintage C's, is a hunk of junk. Apparently I have to clean the paint out of the barrel to fix its lousy accuracy.
20230429_083344.jpg
The H9A, is a great shooter!
20230331_200619.jpg

55, 65, my original 72, and the 72, Dumpster Queen project.
20230714_191447.jpg

Last edited: