Let's see those Leshiy 2.0 grips (or ideas)

So having had the Leshiy 2.0 in my hands for about two weeks now, I've decided to try out some alternative grip options. The L2 laminate grip is much nicer in both form and function than the tiny plastic grip on the Leshiy Classic but it's still just not quite right for me . . . and is actually probably a little too nice for what will end up being a field rifle. So I wanted to see what grips you guys are planning to use with your L2's.

Here are a couple I'm considering:

The Ergo Flat Top Tactical Deluxe Suregrip - I have this same grip with beavertail on my Impact and really like it:

https://www.anarchyoutdoors.com/ergo-flat-top-tactical-deluxe-grip-suregrip/

ergo tan.1602548763.jpg

Future Forged Vektor SG1/SG2 Hybrid Two Tone in Red/Black - keeps the factory color scheme and looks pretty cool (other colors available as well):

https://www.primaryarms.com/future-forged-vektor-sg1-hybrid-two-tone-ar15-grip-red

https://www.primaryarms.com/furute-forged-vektor-sg2-hybrid-two-tone-ar15-grip-red

vektor sg1.1602547927.jpg
vektor sg2.1602548032.jpg

Future Forged Vengeance Vektor 2 Red/Black (very similar to factory laminate style):

https://www.primaryarms.com/future-forged-vengeance-vektor-2-ar15-grip-red

vektor ven2.1602548174.jpg

DoubleStar Stronghold

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1021438483?pid=619083

Screenshot 2020-10-15 185548.1602813428.jpg

Let's see your ideas...

I will probably just go with a Hogue.

A9F1468A-19F5-4358-9AC2-704B259EEEA8.1602549350.jpeg

That's the stock grip that came on my Impact...I hate it :) I have mine sitting unused on my bookshelf and thought about installing it just to see what it would look like but decided it wasn't worth the effort if I'm not going to end up using it in the long run.

Edit: Leatherman posted his pic just as I was writing this reply . . . that Hogue doesn't look too bad on the L2. Maybe I will try it out after all! ;)

@leatherman - I just tried installing the Hogue from my Impact and it wasn't easy b/c the factory Edgun screw is about 1/2" too long to use with the Hogue grip. Did you use washers or some sort of spacer . . . or did you get a shorter screw?

I used the spacer that came with my Ergo grip but it's not ideal since I can feel a little wiggle on the grip. Will probably go to the hardware store and pick up a shorter screw.

EDIT: picked up a 5mm x 25mm (0.80 pitch) socket cap screw at the local hardware store and that fits the Hogue grip perfectly (the factory socket cap screw is 5mm x 35mm).

I just used the stock screw but I had to add a washer, the screw head is too small for the Hogue grip. Brian had made a video while back where he installed an AR grip on his prototype and there he stated you would need a shorter screw. But mine worked fine . Go figure .the Houge grip is rather smallish so if you have large hands it may not suit you but they offer a slip on sleeve that increases the circumference. The Ergo and Mag Pul’s are beefier. I plan on getting a carbon fiber bottle when they are available From EdGun if the price is right and if EdGun offers one short enough to still use the Hogue grip. There are some on EBay that would work but I’ll see what ED offers. I’m getting around 50 shots on my .22 380mm on a 300 bar fill at 120 bar reg. That’s fine for the light .22 pellets but I’m going to be increasing the regulator to push my .30 450mm at a decent velocity and see what it does for heavy .22 pellets and slugs so the bottle is definitely in my plans. 

I just used the stock screw but I had to add a washer, the screw head is too small for the Hogue grip. Brian had made a video while back where he installed an AR grip on his prototype and there he stated you would need a shorter screw. But mine worked fine . Go figure .the Houge grip is rather smallish so if you have large hands it may not suit you but they offer a slip on sleeve that increases the circumference. The Ergo and Mag Pul’s are beefier. I plan on getting a carbon fiber bottle when they are available From EdGun if the price is right and if EdGun offers one short enough to still use the Hogue grip. There are some on EBay that would work but I’ll see what ED offers. I’m getting around 50 shots on my .22 380mm on a 300 bar fill at 120 bar reg. That’s fine for the light .22 pellets but I’m going to be increasing the regulator to push my .30 450mm at a decent velocity and see what it does for heavy .22 pellets and slugs so the bottle is definitely in my plans.

Hmmm, I think your Hogue grip and mine might be slightly different on the inside (mine came with my Impact). The stock screw head fit fine but it was way too long (I've seen Brian's video on the grip install as well). So I just needed a screw that was about 0.5" shorter.

I have the 0.25 350mm long setup and currently have the reg set at 100bar so I'm getting just about 3 mags of the 25.4g JSBs doing about 825fps. I plan on dropping the reg a little more to like 90 or maybe 80bar to get fps to just under 800fps mostly to reduce the report as much as possible. I have an FX 300cc bottle from my Impact Compact that I plan on removing the FX valve and using it with the L2. Realistically three full mags is all I need for a single backpack outing so the 300cc bottle will be more than I'll need but it'll be nice to have the extra shots.

It does seem like it will be cramped with the bottle and the slanted grip but I'll know for sure in a couple of days when I get around to installing the bottle.

Yes let us know how that bottle and grip works out. We need more people responding with what is working out and what isnt on these new guns. Until we get some How To videos on regulator adjusting and using the tester we are dead in the water with what we got. My 350 .22 does not shoot Hades at the current setting but is shooting H&N Baracuda's and JSB Jumbo's 1/2" groups at 50 yards, with no wind, but again slower than I want. I really want to get my .30 tuned in and then play with the Puck with the .22 barrel on the same reg setting.

Bringing this thread back to life. I recently got my leshiy, and I went straight to swapping the factory grip out to what I had lying around. I put the ergo zero degree grip on it, and while it makes me question why Ed swapped the original grip to the newer raked back grip, its still too thick for my hand. That being said, it’s still more comfortable than the factory grip. Anyone got other zero angle grips on their leshiys that are working for them?
2E83DF87-9539-418C-B606-3221E0701678.1633556327.jpeg

Bringing this thread back to life. I recently got my leshiy, and I went straight to swapping the factory grip out to what I had lying around. I put the ergo zero degree grip on it, and while it makes me question why Ed swapped the original grip to the newer raked back grip, to still to thick for my hand. That being said, it’s still more comfortable than the factory grip. Anyone got other zero angle grips on their leshiys that are working for them?

i am using a bravo company mod0 "reduced angle" grip. not zero, but enough to keep my wrist away from the stock.

folded16Capture.1633556517.JPG

Bringing this thread back to life. I recently got my leshiy, and I went straight to swapping the factory grip out to what I had lying around. I put the ergo zero degree grip on it, and while it makes me question why Ed swapped the original grip to the newer raked back grip, to still to thick for my hand. That being said, it’s still more comfortable than the factory grip. Anyone got other zero angle grips on their leshiys that are working for them?

i am using a bravo company mod0 "reduced angle" grip. not zero, but enough to keep my wrist away from the stock.

Need to know more about your setup. Sticking the moderator there is an awesome idea. What guard/shroud do you have?

Need to know more about your setup. Sticking the moderator there is an awesome idea. What guard/shroud do you have?

started with a .22 long (350mm) and replaced the shroud with a combo of Huma mod50 (5) and Valkyrie Leshiy 2 Carbon fiber handguard - 11"

as far as i know, that is the only one that fits over the mod50 and 11" is the shortest. here is the full guard and 5-piece mod50.

KT9a0WI.1633563184.jpg

i am only using 3 of the 4 smaller sections that came with the mod50 when i bought it. this is a purely aesthetic decision because i think the proportions are better.

i cut the handguard so it extended just beyond the muzzle (for protection), which is why i didn't cut back to a flat (looks fine to me).

tripodcartoonCapture.1633563476.JPG

i put a cheap cf sleeve over the barrel, but honestly think it looks fine without it. meh, i should have gotten a flat finish tube.

barrcfCapture.1633564137.JPG

Bringing this thread back to life. I recently got my leshiy, and I went straight to swapping the factory grip out to what I had lying around. I put the ergo zero degree grip on it, and while it makes me question why Ed swapped the original grip to the newer raked back grip, its still too thick for my hand. That being said, it’s still more comfortable than the factory grip. Anyone got other zero angle grips on their leshiys that are working for them?

I was going to ask if anyone had put a "vertical" grip on their Leshiy's. Seems like it would be comfortable on that gun as it is on many other "chassis" guns.

Mike

I was going to ask if anyone had put a "vertical" grip on their Leshiy's. Seems like it would be comfortable on that gun as it is on many other "chassis" guns.

Mike

Yes, I bought this originally to go on my impact, but I hated it and went with a slightly raked grip (15 degree) from fab defense, and loved it. Figured I’d try it out on the leshiy as being as I already had it, and it’s a completely different feel.