Let's see those baby strollers, joggers, gear carriers!

E79E450D-9B46-4B88-9CD6-95B1CEDC418E.1636308568.jpeg
B3B863E3-438C-4F40-8B77-FE9001FD0CAC.1636308568.jpeg
This is how I modified the strollers for a few of us that shoot here at my property.
DF24D3FD-2279-48CE-BD69-41329CB1A0A1.1636308569.jpeg
F622DC76-4A05-4D68-AA2C-560D82406AE8.1636308570.jpeg
63F03B7E-ED9C-4825-BE6B-1BA19F928670.1636308570.jpeg

That awesome jogging stroller that I saw at RMAC this year gave me some ideas. I haven't actually started to build one yet, but I've been putting some thoughts into how I would go about building one for next year.

I'm leaning towards using these as the mechanism to hold the rifles (I have a couple of sets of these "somewhere" that I used to hold rifles and axes in a Jeep that I had):

6ACE25CA-0EEE-434B-B818-CFEAEE52D050.1636308741.jpeg

There's 2-3 different sizes for these rubber mounts. Having a hard time finding more photos depicting the different sizes, but I think those above are the medium size (I know that one of my sets are larger than those).

In any case, I think these would work perfectly. Not sure how I'd mount them just yet, but I suppose that will be dependent on the jogging stroller!

That's about as far as I have progressed lol

Look up "3 gun carts" and there should be tons of options. I found a running stroller sitting on the curb for trash and got another one from a neighbor who had 4 strollers given to her by people at their church, but she never goes outside. You can also make them out of folding golf bag haulers if you are not planning on lugging heavy loads around.

Michael Here is a picture of the Kolpin Rhino Grips that I used, everything you need to clamp these on the stroller is included. As far as the stroller all I did was cut the sun shade off as I remember, it’s been awhile. You can pick these jogging strollers up at yard sales for almost nothing. I bought the first one and made it then gave it to someone that really needed it,then I started buying them at yard sales and put them together for anyone that needs it. You can put another set of these on the other side for four rifles or you can purchase the single rifle holder as well. I bought my Rhino grips at Cabela’s on line. Good luck.
702C97A7-6460-40DF-9912-42E3E030D233.1636325131.jpeg

I would have a good use for one of these as well at my gunclub, I am tethering from a larger scba tank and not much room on a bench, and I just don't want to toss the airtank bag under the bench on a dirty floor, not really interested to bring the burned carbon into the car and eventually home.

You guys South so lucky, my laws here North of border won't allow any open concept for guns to be visible anyhow.

Oldsparky,

I think mine tops yours for "redneckedness" (is that even a word?)

I wanted to go lower budget so I went with a wal.....com hunters deer hauler, ordered some gun holders, beverage holders and neat little bag for the crossbar on the handles from Amazon......and......the redneck piece de' resistance'.........a modified plastic milk crate from CAL Ranch supply. The Great White fits in there great with room left for a shooting bag. No worries about it tipping backwards with all that ballast in there. I substituted some hitch pins & clips for a couple of the bolts and the thing even folds up for hauling in your truck.

So far it's worked out great just rolling it around the yard, but it hasn't been out on it's maiden voyage yet, but it'll get out there soon!

Gun Cart 1-Oct 2021.1636396940.jpg
Gun Cart 2-Oct 2021.1636396940.jpg
Gun Cart 3-Oct 2021.1636396941.jpg

Reactions: cavedweller
SAZ

I like that with the basket on the bottom. It would be a good place to carry a stool or bucket. I shot one day in phoenix when the wind was gusting hard. I didn't have my brake set and the stroller took off and tipped off the sidewalk and fell back. My rifle was cased so there was no damage. With the lower platform like yours I could get my rifles lower. I am anxious to see more people have made.

thanks

Oldsparky,

The milk crate is bolted down as well. That way it's not moving at all.

The cart without the air tank in it is still pretty stable, but the weight of the bottle, a range bag or a cooler filled with beverages, etc. sure makes it a lot more stable with the lower center of gravity.

I don't anticipate hauling both rifles with me all the time, probably just one rifle, sticks and a bucket. I have a huge carabiner to hook the bucket to and I'm guessing the sticks will just go in the other set of rifle holders although there are plenty of places to hook them to if need be. The cart is "supposed" to be rated for 300 lbs. so we'll see how it holds up. Here's another picture with the sticks and bucket.........

Gun Cart 4-Oct 2021.1636403526.jpg

Reactions: cavedweller
Oldsparky,

I think mine tops yours for "redneckedness" (is that even a word?)

I wanted to go lower budget so I went with a wal.....com hunters deer hauler, ordered some gun holders, beverage holders and neat little bag for the crossbar on the handles from Amazon......and......the redneck piece de' resistance'.........a modified plastic milk crate from CAL Ranch supply. The Great White fits in there great with room left for a shooting bag. No worries about it tipping backwards with all that ballast in there. I substituted some hitch pins & clips for a couple of the bolts and the thing even folds up for hauling in your truck.

So far it's worked out great just rolling it around the yard, but it hasn't been out on it's maiden voyage yet, but it'll get out there soon!

Gun Cart 1-Oct 2021.1636396940.jpg
Gun Cart 2-Oct 2021.1636396940.jpg
Gun Cart 3-Oct 2021.1636396941.jpg

According to the IDAHO dictionary, the term is REDNECKERY " the act or intension of changing , modifying , constructing , destructing, with redneck intensions , Often confused with/as re-purposing... Some good ideas on the range strollers, Awesome being able to carry air tanks, and gear to base locations. Maybe a 12volt compressor/battery combo?? I would think it's okay to use them in FT/HFT matches ?? I think a winter project is in the works..

I just shoot my spring-piston air rifles in a back area of my wooded lot where there is natural gas transmission line that runs all the way down the one side of my property.

I usually only shoot one air rifle at a time, and don't use a tank.

I like setting up various targets at different yardages from 10 yards out to 55 yards (I could go further if I wanted to).

Mostly reactive targets, like the old Beeman spinner, field targets, and some bell targets that I have made over the past couple of years.

I bought this modular Ridgid tool box carrier that has a built in dolly... I recently added another basket that fits at the top to put a few more of my bell targets in... gives me a good place to store these targets in my garage too... I love how they all connect together... makes setting up taking down the targets much easier.

Ridgid Tool Carrier for Aigun Targets-3.1636574190.JPG
Ridgid Tool Carrier for Aigun Targets-2.1636574220.JPG
Ridgid Tool Carrier for Aigun Targets-1.1636574236.JPG