Let's see those 2240 builds!

Just getting started:
1762305F-0796-4A71-8FB2-19910B7D9D2E.jpeg

More 2240 pistols or they started out that way anyway.

Top .25 DAQ Upper co2 cart gun. Bottom 9mm DAQ Upper 2kpsi PCP

2240 tube, 2240 grip, FX STX barrel, DIY carbon fiber shroud, CustomAir breech, System-X dropforward

.25 DAQ Breech,2250 tube, DIY rear sight, Corcoran Grips

RJ Machine breech, Bluefork Design gripframe, DIY adapter and arrow barrel.

Long barreled 2240

Specs on that arrow barrel

More 2240 pistols or they started out that way anyway.

Top .25 DAQ Upper co2 cart gun. Bottom 9mm DAQ Upper 2kpsi PCP

2240 tube, 2240 grip, FX STX barrel, DIY carbon fiber shroud, CustomAir breech, System-X dropforward

.25 DAQ Breech,2250 tube, DIY rear sight, Corcoran Grips

RJ Machine breech, Bluefork Design gripframe, DIY adapter and arrow barrel.

Long barreled 2240

The pistol with the arrow barrel looks like something that Q would have invented. Nice collection!

maxresdefault.jpg

Reactions: Bandito
This pistol barrel 2240XL is not giving me accuracy I’d like at 15 yards. It’s doing 10 slow shots in a half dollar with the best pellet, RWS Meisterkugeln. I’m going to swap in a 10” barrel.

The long one has an improved valve and transfer port. I think it’s 630 fps with Hades.

IMG_0647.jpeg

IMG_7910.jpeg

Please give us the details on the tube breaux, looks sweet! custom?
Tube is 32 mm OD with a 3 mm wall 6061 aluminium. Fill and firing valve are pinned in using M5 caphead screws. I made the valve using a screw driver shaft and engineering plastic. Fundamentally straight forward and it was a nice surprise that it works well. My biggest concern was the safety of the pressure, so I did get proper advise from an engineer. Here's a thread on our local forum of the build.

Essentially bought a poor attempt of a 2240 build with a multishot breech for the cost of the breech to steel the breech for my old but awesome maximus. Instead of tossing the hobbled together "HPA" build I reworked it to be a compact hunter with parts that i have on hand. Now has an I believe magnum aluminum valve with larger volume and port work, delrin hipac face seal (homemade), maximus breech, and a 14.5 inch barrel. Haven't chronographed it yet but sounds like my maximus without an ldc and has held 2000 psi for days. I'm running it on open sights and the kick is awesome! First time running a hipac and used the barrel bands as a precaution. Pictures of the progression
1000002834.jpg

1000002829.jpg
1000002833.jpg