• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Lets Protect this Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a bit confused by the pessimism in this thread. IMO we are entering a golden age of 2A liberty. Yeah, kinda bold thing to say... Look at the NY State Pistol and Rifle Association v. Bruen case and the West Virginia v. EPA decisions recently in the supreme court. Four AWB and high capacity magazine cases have been vacated by SCOTUS and sent back to the lower courts for reevaluation in light of the Bruen decision. This should be extremely encouraging!

Last edited:
Reactions: madeintheuk
Please stop.
Please stop this “Chicken Little” mentality. It’s a waste of time and only creates unwarranted concern. For well over a decade, I’ve heard over and over on various forums:
“They’re going to regulate you guns”.
Nope.
“They’re going to come take your guns away”
Nobody’s come to my door.
“You’ll have to register your guns”
Since when?
Just last week Oklahoma (the state in which I live) passed a law allowing air rifles firing arrows to be used for big game during rifle and muzzleloader season.
If our lawmakers were lurking behind closed doors plotting to snare us in an gun owner trap why would they allow a weapon capable of taking such a large animal?
And Oklahoma is not only one. IIRC, 25 states now allow taking large game with an airgun.
Just stop. Go outside and shoot your guns….

Reactions: BSJ and ChRiSiS
I’ve only gotten back into airgun shooting in the last couple of years and honestly was surprised at how far they’ve come. Like every other popular activity in this country eventually someone with nothing else to do will notice and start spouting off about how dangerous it could be simply for the attention it brings them. They don’t care what it is they just want everyone to listen to whatever nonsense they’ve come up with. There is the rare valid point but much more often it’s nonsense.

Rick H.

Does anyone think airguns are protected from legislation under our Bill of Rights? Based on the definition of a firearm, airguns do not fall under that category. Where does that leave us? Anything is possible.
I would encourage you with a SCOTUS decision from 2016 Caetano v. Massachusetts

The case involved a woman in Massachusetts who was convicted for using a stun gun to defend herself against an abusive boyfriend. Stun guns were illegal in MA at that time. She appealed her conviction all the way up to the Mass Supreme Judicial Court who at the end upheld her conviction. SCOTUS reviewed the case and vacated the Mass SJC decision and remanded the case back for review in the the light of Heller v. DC. SCOTUS essentially said (see the first paragraph in the linked document) that the 2A applies to "all instruments that constitute bearable arms".

Happy ending: Stun guns are now legal in Mass to carry with a pistol permit AND (wierd but true) they must be generally shaped like a handgun. No "stun pens" or stun guns that look like cell phones BUT I suppose you could have one that looks like a Star Trek phaser:D...

I reckon you could defend yourself with an airgun and they are protected by the 2A... Regards

Last edited:
Reactions: Peskådot671
I’ve only gotten back into airgun shooting in the last couple of years and honestly was surprised at how far they’ve come. Like every other popular activity in this country eventually someone with nothing else to do will notice and start spouting off about how dangerous it could be simply for the attention it brings them. They don’t care what it is they just want everyone to listen to whatever nonsense they’ve come up with. There is the rare valid point but much more often it’s nonsense.

Rick H.
Interesting I noticed a similar cultural/societal change with respect to electronic cigarettes and electric bicycles. When both first came out they were completely under the radar and unregulated.

Last edited:
I would encourage you with a SCOTUS decision from 2016 Caetano v. Massachusetts

The case involved a woman in Massachusetts who was convicted for using a stun gun to defend herself against an abusive boyfriend. Stun guns were illegal in MA at that time. She appealed her conviction all the way up to the Mass Supreme Judicial Court who at the end upheld her conviction. SCOTUS reviewed the case and vacated the Mass SJC decision and remanded the case back for review in the the light of Heller v. DC. SCOTUS essentially said (see the first paragraph in the linked document) that the 2A applies to "all instruments that constitute bearable arms".

Happy ending: Stun guns are now legal in Mass to carry with a pistol permit AND (wierd but true) they must be generally shaped like a handgun. No "stun pens" or stun guns that look like cell phones BUT I suppose you could have one that looks like a Star Trek phaser:D...

I reckon you could defend yourself with an airgun and they are protected by the 2A... Regards
I stand corrected. I guess I need to keep up with the times and do my research. Thank you for the link.

Status
Not open for further replies.