• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

Let's get to the bottom of these $1000 H.M. HEN Pellet Dies

Some of you may have seen the Matt Dubber video where his friend makes superior .30 cal pellets from a swag die. When you try to buy one, you find there is some obscure website from the 90's where you may be able to contact someone in China and bank transfer $1k to them , then possibly get one.

Then there is guy on Youtube who shows a JSB pellet swag die in detail. (H.M. HEN die). But he won't respond to emails or comments. (actual video in next post)

Then I saw one for sale on AGN (gone in 60 seconds).

Anyone know the story on getting one of these to the USA? I would almost like to start a club where we all donate $1, then order one, then one of us gets it, then we do it again and again...so no-one can loose more than $1.

HELP!!!!! If anyone has links to either of these videos, or more info please post it here. 

77778.1632577594.JPG

Reactions: mtnGhost
I bought a GMI slug swage and after using it for a bit I can do about 100 slugs in 45 minutes. That is with pre-cut wire/cores.

Even assuming if the materials and die were free, depending on caliber your getting a return of on the low side of $5/hr (tax free) and up for bigger calibers. Of course something could be said for self sufficiency especially now in light of the pellet shortages.

I bought a GMI slug swage and after using it for a bit I can do about 100 slugs in 45 minutes. That is with pre-cut wire/cores.

Even assuming if the materials and die were free, depending on caliber your getting a return of on the low side of $5/hr (tax free) and up for bigger calibers. Of course something could be said for self sufficiency especially now in light of the pellet shortages.

I don't look at it as a money making venture, self sufficiency and long cold winters with time to make slugs is more of where I'm at. I'm currently making 35gr HP .25cal slugs which are generally hard to find where I live.

Anyone know the story on getting one of these to the USA? I would almost like to start a club where we all donate $1, then order one, then one of us gets it, then we do it again and again...so no-one can loose more than $1.

On the first round everybody except the die recipient loses $1.

The last guy in line out of 1000 club members would lose $1000 if he didn't receive his die, not to mention waiting years for a return on his investment.

Only the first recipients have protection in your pyramid "club".

Come on Nate, I know you're smarter than that.

You only need dies if you live where you can't buy ready made pellets. In rural areas of china there are no wild birds because chinese people kill them all to eat or trap them to sell. Guns and airguns are illegal there but laws only apply to foreigners and those who get caught and don't have enough money to pay the bribe.