N/A Let there be light

crowski

Dec 14, 2020
On, Canada
I really like nite shooting in the winter as long as there’s no wind. I bought a 20,000 lumin lite set on a Tripod.
IMG_7354.jpeg
But it’s a PITA to pull out the extension cord, extend the light stand to set up. It works. Today I disassembled the lite setup and put the
IMG_7358.jpeg
lites under the eave. 10,000 lumin for each lite. And I’m going to hardwire them into my lite switch inside by the back door. I’ll shoot way more because of the convenience. 2 catches. Don’t know if lites will stand the out doors. And has been OK’ed by the main squeeze. Any side bets?
IMG_7359.jpeg
My shooting table is behind ladder. Looking forward to using the springers with this. Crow

IMG_7357.jpeg

I really like nite shooting in the winter as long as there’s no wind. I bought a 20,000 lumin lite set on a Tripod. View attachment 409024But it’s a PITA to pull out the extension cord, extend the light stand to set up. It works. Today I disassembled the lite setup and put theView attachment 409025lites under the eave. 10,000 lumin for each lite. And I’m going to hardwire them into my lite switch inside by the back door. I’ll shoot way more because of the convenience. 2 catches. Don’t know if lites will stand the out doors. And has been OK’ed by the main squeeze. Any side bets?View attachment 409027My shooting table is behind ladder. Looking forward to using the springers with this. Crow

View attachment 409026
nice addition , need heaters now 😎

Reactions: crowski
My night setup is very simple. A small battery LED light focused only on the target and just enough light on the resting area to see what I'm doing to load, etc. No extension cords needed. I could use rechargeable but LED uses so little current. And nobody knows my business. I can shoot from inside my workshop that I keep tempered through the winter.
Maybe this works for some of you that don't want to draw attention.
I could go to our farm and set up 100 yards or more in this way if I want to. The field behind the house is over 300 yards to the woodline.

I really like nite shooting in the winter as long as there’s no wind. I bought a 20,000 lumin lite set on a Tripod. View attachment 409024But it’s a PITA to pull out the extension cord, extend the light stand to set up. It works. Today I disassembled the lite setup and put theView attachment 409025lites under the eave. 10,000 lumin for each lite. And I’m going to hardwire them into my lite switch inside by the back door. I’ll shoot way more because of the convenience. 2 catches. Don’t know if lites will stand the out doors. And has been OK’ed by the main squeeze. Any side bets?View attachment 409027My shooting table is behind ladder. Looking forward to using the springers with this. Crow

View attachment 409026
Looks cold too.❄️❄️☃️💨💨

Looks cold too.❄️❄️☃️💨💨
It can be, the wind is the killer. Crow
Nice job Crowski, but have you checked out how much heat those lights put out on their case's I'd be more worried about the one under the eve, might want too have a heat shield. Have fun !
Thanks. Surprisingly, I'm think I’m good. There’s nothing inside the eave. Crow
nice addition , need heaters now 😎
Thanks, I think I have it solved.😜Crow
My night setup is very simple. A small battery LED light focused only on the target and just enough light on the resting area to see what I'm doing to load, etc. No extension cords needed. I could use rechargeable but LED uses so little current. And nobody knows my business. I can shoot from inside my workshop that I keep tempered through the winter.
Maybe this works for some of you that don't want to draw attention.
I could go to our farm and set up 100 yards or more in this way if I want to. The field behind the house is over 300 yards to the woodline.
These lites are LED. I can turn them to half power or individually turn off.
I tries the led flash lite, after a while I felt like a burglar.
There’s no one here to complain.
Also in the winter when everything is white, my lites lite up the range like it’s daytime. All around is pitch black. Crow

You know Crow it would be cheaper in the long run to move somewhere with a more hospitable climate. Like next door to me in sunny Queensland, Australia. 😄
Gary
Gary appreciate the great suggestion. Neighbourhood value would tank. I would sweat when I swim down there. Anything over 90, whining would be unbearable.
Just came in from shooting for 1 1/2 hours, 28 F. I stopped wind with my blind, It is huge.
I get my hot pants, I’ll be in business. Crow

Gary appreciate the great suggestion. Neighbourhood value would tank. I would sweat when I swim down there. Anything over 90, whining would be unbearable.
Just came in from shooting for 1 1/2 hours, 28 F. I stopped wind with my blind, It is huge.
I get my hot pants, I’ll be in business. Crow
Crow you would harden up over time. If I shot for 1 1/2 hours I would run out of pellets. I only keep two tins on had at any one time. I’m trying to do my bit towards maintaining a steady supply of pellets, considering all those hoarders out there.😂😂😂
Gary

Last edited: