• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

LET THEM FIGHT ... English vs German

Let’s face it, they are both awesome. However, the pro elite by AA, May have been the apogee of the high velocity, relatively inexpensive factory Springer. And I’ve owned way more HWs then AAs. 

This will be right after the crow magnum, which is of course very expensive. But still awesome.

I can remember one day I was shooting my PE out at the range, and a flock of starlings came in. And they didn’t fly. I must’ve shot 70 of them off hand that day with my AA pro elite, all of them off hand out to about 75 yards they were dropping like flies.

mike

Awesome. I’ve always wanted one. The bluing is really smooth

I have four AA rifles and three Weihrauch rifles. Once properly tuned and if well maintained, they will all shoot (shot my thirty spinner set course out to 85 yards with my 97 and TX collection last week, with not a single miss with any one of them.

i personally find the TX series rifles to be better finished on the outside (bluing and wood work) and easier to strip and work on.

My 97s are built like tanks and shoot really well, coming close to matching PCP performance in terms of accuracy.

I enjoy them both and prefer not to have to choose.

Being Scottish it pains me to say it but I would give my vote to AA despite them being English. I have a prosport and tx200. I have also had a few HW springers but now only have the HW98 and I only keep this around because I am a masochist and enjoy tearing my hair out over groupings expanding because I put a finger in a slightly different position between shots.... The TX and prosport take minutes to work on and just shoot so much better for me. My Tx200 is the most accurate springer I have ever shot exactly because it is so forgiving. 

Being Scottish it pains me to say it but I would give my vote to AA despite them being English. I have a prosport and tx200. I have also had a few HW springers but now only have the HW98 and I only keep this around because I am a masochist and enjoy tearing my hair out over groupings expanding because I put a finger in a slightly different position between shots.... The TX and prosport take minutes to work on and just shoot so much better for me. My Tx200 is the most accurate springer I have ever shot exactly because it is so forgiving.

Hmm good to know. I haven’t ever had one but they are dang beautiful. My family is on the Welsh side of things, so AA should be my mascot. Being that I’ve only touched and never shot, for now my HWs are my go to and I love the Rekord trigger.

An old thread, but interesting. We have various guns in our Springer group shooting indoor bench matches at 20 meters. I shoot a lot at 28 yards indoors. Lots of he 97s and a fair amount of TX200s. I have a TX200, a Diana 54 in .22, and a pair of Diana 75s. Both underleavers have been tuned plus I have a tuner on the Diana54. None are more accurate that the others indoors. I shoot groups every week , 5 shots, that look like one .30 round hole. Often less, measuring c2c in the zeros. The Dianas do it easier that the other two but not at a greater frequency. Today testing pellets in the TX I shot back to back tiny groups testing pellets. The 75s shoot very easy, relaxing is how I describe it. The 54 shoots under 2 in regularly at 100 yrs often close to an inch for 5 shoots. I have shot 4 shots in .5 or less multiple times but one shot will leak out to make the group larger. If I could only keep one it would be the TX, most versatile and a great trigger.. The D54 is the most fun outdoors shooting long. The 75s are relaxing, I enjoy the lack of stress shooting them. Most accurate, not a one of them.

View attachment 103925As you know, I land on the Weihrauch side. I’ve also noticed, however, a sharp decline in the amount of posts about Air Arms TX200s.

So that being said, pretend one brand had to be destroyed and never resurrected, which would you keep? For me Weihrauch. Ze Germans.View attachment 103933View attachment 103935 The English know how to make some beautiful stuff, like cakes and pies, but they are no match for ze Germans. View attachment 103940

Cast your vote below. Which would you keep? Have another brand that is English or German?
Da Panzers… Oh yeah! The Deutsche soldiers a very professional military…🙏 My R7 and HWK77… achtung baby! Much respect for the Deutsche.

Im slowly loosing faith in Air Arms.
I love the old company, and their prior offerings, but today, their pcp prices are out of line in my opinion, and the selection in the U.S. so very limited, which means pre-paying, special ordering, watching arrival dates getting delayed, delayed, and delayed again.
Their highlight of the 2024 Shot Show, was their new, matching employee uniforms, and some sort of marriage with a unknown airgun company.
I like the Air Arms of yesteryear, but Im concerned about their future, going forward.
I hope Im wrong, and they become the company they were 15 years ago, but Im almost out of air from holding my breath.
I dont know where they would be today, if not for their excellent springers.