Let me dream: Gamo Swarm 10x with interchangable calibers and adjustable IGT

The variable gas ram seems somewhat interesting. I know some guns had it in the past and they were offered recently (before the covid situation) as an upgrade by someone just don’t remember who. I remember everyone trying to get “more power” out of them when they were on a Theoben if I remember. I’d simply tweak to find a sweet spot but worry about the quality of it given it’d be for a Gamo budget rifle. One plus side I see for the multiple barrels would be an increase in chances for getting a good one.

I’d like to see aftermarket BSA barrels for the CFR. I’d probably buy a BSA barrel for mine. Wouldn’t surprise me if I at some point try getting an LW barrel on mine. I saw a post referencing someone who put an LW barrel on a CFX a long time ago. Or even upgraded custom shop type barrels or spring guides for the other Gamo break barrels as well. If you want better machined internals you basically have to have your own lathe from what I gather. Vortek doesn’t even have a gamo kit anymore.

Maybe I’m not understanding the marketing for most of the gamo lines but I can’t see the difference between most of them... I also hate the whole red and green band thing. It seems like they simply slap a red on 177 and green on 22 then tell all the marketers to pawn it off like red only means target and plinking (despite being a 14+ FPE gun) and green means only hunting. It’s a total joke if you ask me. 

I’m not a Gamo fan but I’m not a fan of a lot of things new on airguns.

I will say I have seen some Gamo rifles tuned so well if you shot it blindfolded you would never know by the shot cycle & one was capable of incredible precision shots. 

2 weeks ago at flea market guy wanted $160 for a RWS 350 Magnum .177 TO5 and $250 for a Gamo Hunter Elite .177. Now I think he priced The Hunter Elite because it stated 1650fps with PBA (alloy 5 grain) ammo.

If I had some JSB 13.43 & 16.20’s to shoot & test them I possibly would have bought both right there. But at a flea market and not even knowing how many times it’s been dry fired, I passed. 
Told the eventual buyer to get some JSB’s 10.3 or heavier for the 350 he did buy. He asked if he got a good deal. Well, if you get the right pellets and it keeps them under a dime at 50 yards yeah, great deal. 

While the 350 isn’t my favorite out of the DIANA line up, at that price I couldn’t have resisted if it was right in front of me. 

My gamo Elite has proven it’s accuracy to an extent. I kind of had it fall off with my DIY tuning but will get it back. I just need a solid day of shooting it again. Also will try a different spring. I think most of the problem is I bought cheap scope rings when I got it and it NEEDS a one piece mount. Scope jars loose after a handful of shots. It’s no where near twangy as it was when I got it. First time I shot it I was actually surprised I hit what I was aiming at given the serious twang.