“less expensive” bipod with “cant”

I have reworked both the Accu-Tac and Atlas clones, a bit of tinkering and some elbow greasing and these can function pretty decent for the money.

I chose to go with clones because no one of the expensiver "original" designs doesn't have a real self centering function.

If the money would not be an issue, or maybe later in time, I would like to get myself one f-class or like this below the fortmeier-k bipod...the vertical self centers on gravity if that tells you anything.

Fortmeier-k bipod.1606679178.jpg

For PCPs below $500 USD less expensive bipods and clones work well. I have two UTGs which serve well but do not compare in the least to my Accu-Tac BR4 G2. When I added up the true cost of my rig, I decided I wanted a bipod that would never fail and flop my precious to the deck.

I followed L.Leon's advice and logic and ended up with the Accu-Tac BR4 G2. It's a terrific bipod. (I have no experience with Atlas.) Along the way I went through several that were cheaper. For around $100 you can pickup a Magpul (Zeringue's post). It's not an Accurate-Tac, but it's a very good bipod. And Magpul has excellent customer support. I lost a screw from mine, called them, and they put a couple in the mail right away. 

I know there are likely other accessories and upgrades you are going to want now or down the road. Wherever possible, buy enough quality so that you don't end up buying the same gizmo all over again. It's the "buy once, cry once thing." 

Let us know how things go. Happy New Year!