Benjamin less awful trigger for Benjamin Trail NP XL?

I inherited a Benjamin Benjamin Trail NP XL .177 from my dad.

It's in pristine shape but the trigger pull is pretty much the most awful of any airgun or firearm I've ever handled.

Not so much heaviness/ effort - just that there's about a quarter mile of vague gritty creep followed by an entirely unforeseeable (no second stage) eventual letoff. It's difficult to shoot well and difficult to enjoy shooting.

I have seen the trigger upgrades such as the Charlie DaTuna

Is it worth trying to put a new trigger in this rifle or should I just cut my losses and get rid of the rifle?

Thanks in advance

Reactions: Deerstalker
Kd,
Neighbor sold me a year old (.22) one for $25, said if I didn't want it, was heading to town dump. Trigger was unshootable until YouTube fix with radio-controlled model racing car wheel bearing. Picked up a pair of bearings for a few bucks (Amazon) TRBRC (www.trbc.com) Traxxas 5114 5x8 Bearings MR85-2RS (Bar Code X000VHCNYJ.) Trigger mod was so easy used spare bearing to fix Crosman F4 trigger, too. Difference like night and day. WM

Wow- thank you all so much for all of the great suggestions and guidance. I may likely not get to working on it until some time in the colder weather but you have all definitely encouraged me to give it a go rather than give up on it.
You're welcome, glad to have helped. Trigger fix wasn't only issue, had to find a preferred pellet, learn the "artillery hold" technique and re-mount scope (pictured) for proper eye relief. Despite all the efforts, can't match accuracy of my PCPs, use it mainly 40 yards, or less, larger game/pests, but a $250 gun for $25, can't complain. WM
IMG_20220106_212238.jpg