LESIHY 2 questions

Ok so i got broke into and the thieves took my leishy classic! Was a 350mm. Now fighting insurance bit i know I’ll probably never see it again. Loved the compactness the quietness the accuracy just everything about it. So in a Leishy 2, there are so many options packages etc., what one would be a good start with?
i have a Huben k1 in 25 cal so im thinking maybe go a 30 cal. Now I’m know it will be a little louder than my classic in 25.
give me some options on packages please. I do like the quick detachable moderator but i dont believe it avaiable
do i get the standard high capacity and add a huma 40 to it?
If used do i need the repr model or not?
just wading in here on a sunday
thanks

• Wow
Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1
In terms of performance, the Behemoth moderator is comparable to Huma Mod 50 but it is superior when it comes to the QD system. It really is a game changer. It basically allows you to fold your 350mm gun as compact as the 250mm version with the standard moderator, and then unfold it, attach the moderator in 2 seconds and be ready to go. Even the 450mm version becomes backpackable. There is no problem with availability, EGW has it in stock. You might want to get an extra section or two.

If you're looking to set and forget, the original reg is fine. If you're a tuner and constantly tweak your gun, the REPR is the way to go as it allows you to quickly dial optimal velocities for different pellets. But then again, this is less of a concern in 30 cal where you basically have 2 pellet weights to choose from...

In terms of performance, the Behemoth moderator is comparable to Huma Mod 50 but it is superior when it comes to the QD system. It really is a game changer. It basically allows you to fold your 350mm gun as compact as the 250mm version with the standard moderator, and then unfold it, attach the moderator in 2 seconds and be ready to go. Even the 450mm version becomes backpackable. There is no problem with availability, EGW has it in stock. You might want to get an extra section or two.

If you're looking to set and forget, the original reg is fine. If you're a tuner and constantly tweak your gun, the REPR is the way to go as it allows you to quickly dial optimal velocities for different pellets. But then again, this is less of a concern in 30 cal where you basically have 2 pellet weights to choose from...
So on a used one if priced right i could get by without the repr for 30 cal, but what if i got a 25 cal fro it woudl the repr be advisable to have

That was my experience, yes. I first had a non-REPR L2 in 30 cal which worked just fine for all purposes until I decided to get a .25 cal barrel for it. It was then that I discovered that one tune does not work for the wide variety of projectiles available in .25. With the REPR, i now have the flexibility to shoot anything I want in .25 accurately, and I go between 120 and 170 bar for different things...

I would suggest that you get the REPR version. Sure, you could live with the original. I did for quite a while. However the current version is the REPR and, if you ever want to sell it in the future then the REPR will be easier to sell and fetch a better price. In addition, adjusting the reg pressure is very much easier with the REPR as compared to the older version.

I converted my non-REPR version to a REPR when the REPR first came out and haven’t looked back since. I have also switched between a .25 350mm barrel to a 600mm .25 FX barrel, then to a 350mm .30 cal and now a 600mm .30 cal FX barrel. It’s easy to adjust the regulator with he REPR for all these changes. Much harder if it was just the original reg.

As someone said above, if you’re never going to change a thing, then the old one will work. But I suspect you’ll change things every now and then…

Chris

It also needs to be mentioned that with the L2, the externally adjustable reg alone does not solve all problems associated with barrel changes: changing between barrels and calibers normally required changing the jets as well in order to set the optimal dwell time for each barrel length/caliber combo which requires depressurizing the gun to mess with the front plug anyway.

That being said, when calibers are close one could often get away with using the same jet combo that kinda works for both setups, like a high power tune for the .25 which doubles up as an efficient setup for a .30, and then you can still fine tune it with the REPR. But if you're planning something more radical, like swapping between .22/250mm and .30/600mm, then you'll definitely need to mess with the jets.

It also needs to be mentioned that with the L2, the externally adjustable reg alone does not solve all problems associated with barrel changes: changing between barrels and calibers normally required changing the jets as well in order to set the optimal dwell time for each barrel length/caliber combo which requires depressurizing the gun to mess with the front plug anyway.

That being said, when calibers are close one could often get away with using the same jet combo that kinda works for both setups, like a high power tune for the .25 which doubles up as an efficient setup for a .30, and then you can still fine tune it with the REPR. But if you're planning something more radical, like swapping between .22/250mm and .30/600mm, then you'll definitely need to mess with the jets.
100% correct!