Leshiys First Hunt and Memorable Hit

I have not been able to do much pesting this year due to my new fixer upper house and projects. I was looking forward to trying out my Leshiy in .25 cal. set-up for groundhogs. I went down to the farm and told the farmer I planned to go over to the tenants house and try for some groundhogs. Last year I got about 25 from around the house, out buildings and large brush pile. He said good idea as no one was living in the house as it was condemned. It seems the tenant was a cat hoarder and they removed over 40 cats from the house. When I got there there still was a cat problem as the were a couple dozen semi wild cats around the house. It was like the movie the birds expect it was cats on the shed, cats on the wood pile, cats on the front porch and everywhere else. And all of them just looking at me. After about an hour of waiting to see a groundhog I gave up figuring with so many cats around there would be no groundhogs wanting to come out.

While waiting for a groundhog to come out I noticed in the recently cut corn field a flock of pigeons feeding. I snuck up to about eighty yards away and held off with the wind and mil dots of elevation and took the shot. To my surprise I connected on the pigeon I was aiming at. After that it took one more follow up shot from 72 yards to finish him off but what a memorable first shot for the Leshiy. After that I went down to the silos as it seemed it would be a pigeon hunt oppose to groundhog. Here is some video from my Shot Trax 5x camera. Not the best video compared to the phone set-ups a lot have but it confirms my success. Bill

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1F6VvH2da0&feature=youtu.be&ab_channel=GunPowder%26AirPower

Dang excellent shooting!!!

:)

I don't know what your experience is, just remember that when you shoot at high angles of incline, your trajectory will be flatter therefore causing the pellet to travel high.

Excellent shooting!

Very true Bob. I have not done a lot of incline shooting. Are you using a range finder with incline meter or just estimate. What do you estimate the average incline of your silo shots. Also what ballistic program are you using. I use ChairGun and if calculating the affect of incline in that program is just inputting the said incline of say 30 to 45 degrees then it would make for the pellet going 1" to 2" high at the distance I was shooting from my zero. Bill