• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

Leshiy2 Moderator discussion

I’ll start🤓

I thought I would share my thoughts on moderators I have tested on my Leshiy2. My gun is a .25 350mm shooting 34 grain pellets at about 805 fps. I waited for my gun for quite a while and read all I could about the platform while I patiently waited and spent waaaaay too much money on accessories🥺

I ended up with the Valkyrie Shorokh kit, a DonnyFl Shogun, an STO Sarissa and a Huma Mod40. I can tell you that all of them do a good job. The Shorokh does need felt wrapped around the barrel for a snug fit of the expansion chamber to increase its effectiveness. Testing was for accuracy and sound to my ear. All were accurate. All knocked down the report below the factory shroud and baffles. It is worth noting that I was not unimpressed by the factory setup. I do prefer the look and feel of the rifle with the carbon rail.

So what is the winner? The winner is clear. Accuracy is on point and the pellets fly very stable. The sound is a very muffled “Puff” where the others had more of a muffled “pop”. The tone is lower and more pleasant. The real test was asking my neighbor to listen and provide feedback. 

Drumroll please 🥁🥁🥁🥁🥁🥁🥁🥁🥁🥁🥁🥁🥁... runner up is the DonnyFl Shogun. And the winner is 🥁🥁🥁🥁🥁🥁🥁🥁🥁🥁🥁🥁 the Huma Mod40. I ordered the long version and the Mod40 wins with one baffle section removed. It gets the win and the recommendation from both myself and my neighbor😉

I am now prepared for the thrashing😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 But first, look at this beauty👊🍻

ADFB4947-AD0B-40ED-B00D-A2106B8D8C14.1613946909.jpeg

I just got my Huma 40 from Brian yesterday. I tried it today on my 450mm x .30 barrel. I too took one section off and am happy with the sound. I had bought the Valkyrie ShoPot forearm and moderator and it was pretty loud. So now I am only useing the forearm . I tried a Donny FL That came on a .30 FX Maverick compact but the Huma is still quieter. The .30 MAVERICK with the Donny Fl is quieter than the Leshiy with the Huma by quite a lot but the reg is set 10 bar less than the Leshiy and the barrel is a little longer so it isn’t an apples to apples comparison. I have a 350mm x .22 barrel for the Leshiy that I’m sure the Huma moderator will work better on than the ShoPot one. I am still using the barrel Shroud from the ShoPot to cover the 450 barrel when using the shorter forearm. The Huma bottoms out on it and aligns perfectly. I like the look.of the 350 Valkyrie forearm with the longer 450 barrel. I can then switch barrels without changing the forearm and my Holosun red dot. 
6A02F4E8-9E0F-4317-9647-8B5DCEA0A0F9.1613949747.jpeg

Interesting that you didn't find the Sarissa as effective. From my perception the Sarissa does a better job than the Shogun. I felt the Shogun wasn't able to get rid of the big thunk of air coming out of the Leshiy 2. I may have to try out the Huma.

I did not say or mean to imply the Sarissa is not effective. The opposite is true. The Sarissa is quite effective... especially from the shooters perspective. The length for for the improved sound dampening is for me a deciding point.

Interesting that you didn't find the Sarissa as effective. From my perception the Sarissa does a better job than the Shogun. I felt the Shogun wasn't able to get rid of the big thunk of air coming out of the Leshiy 2. I may have to try out the Huma.

I did not say or mean to imply the Sarissa is not effective. The opposite is true. The Sarissa is quite effective... especially from the shooters perspective. The length for for the improved sound dampening is for me a deciding point.

Thanks for the clarification. How would you compare the sounds of the Sarissa to the Huma Mod40? I'd give the Mod40 a shot if it does a good job, otherwise it's $200 I can save for something else.

Thanks for the clarification. How would you compare the sounds of the Sarissa to the Huma Mod40? I'd give the Mod40 a shot if it does a good job, otherwise it's $200 I can save for something else.

PM sent with an explanation. I have several moderators. Of those I prefer the Mod40 with 2 center chambers for my use. Adding the 3rd, supplied, chamber reduces the sound even more, but adds length that I don’t care for.

Another plus is that the end fitting on the Huma is not thru-threaded. There is a shoulder that makes for absolute repeatable seating depth and clocking. The other benefit is I can use the third mlock slot without interference between the mlock nut and the moderator end-cap because of the slightly reduced thread depth.

Anyone have experience with the Aesir mod 30 setup? I heard it was the quietest setup from Valkrie. 

https://www.edgunwest.com/store/valkyrie-airgun-accessories/item/sir/

I have the Aesir on my L2 w/ 350mm 30 cal barrel. Makes the 30 cal very quiet - the Aesir is just the Huma Mod 30 with the aluminum handguard. The Mod 30 is perfect if you want to use the aluminum handguard as it'll fit inside the tube, whereas the Mod 40 will not fit. The Mod 40 will fit the carbon fiber handguard.