Leshiy Returns to the Peacock Coop

It had been a while since the Leshiy had descended upon the giant rats of the peacock coop. Owners did some heavy poisoning and filled in the holes. Some large rat snakes were also making their rounds.

Owner said they had seen some more recently and I should have at it.

Went for hour and half. Saw only 4. Shot three. One was very big. .177 barrel tonight. Hades pellets.

6ED4CEC3-C4E5-4F2F-A411-D2BD4E75E418.jpeg

CF55C3AE-2E91-4517-A0A9-73D12A08C10E.jpeg

@Bandhunter Good job helping rid the place of those fatties.

Nice shooting, I wish we had those around here (central CA) for target practice.
@imzratt321 I don’t think I can recall witnessing anyone wishing for large rats when there aren’t any. That reads very strange, even more so considering that the California Central Valley has a lot of farmland and farm towns. Maybe stick to paper targets for target practice.

Reactions: _CTAIRGUNNER_
@Bandhunter Good job helping rid the place of those fatties.

@imzratt321 I don’t think I can recall witnessing anyone wishing for large rats when there aren’t any. That reads very strange, even more so considering that the California Central Valley has a lot of farmland and farm towns. Maybe stick to paper targets for target practice.
Is there a reason for your negative comments. I don't think anyone asked for your opinion or your expertise on the Central Valley. It is people like you that have nothing better to do than bully people and belittle them. If you don't like a comment that doesn't pertain to you just move on to the next comment. Nobody cares what you think of someone's post. Maybe stick to the post and let people enjoy posting their comments without the worry of what you think.

Last edited:
Gentlemen, I try not to get into the middle of arguments. But this is my thread so I’m going to share my opinion.

Rats aren’t always a pest they exist for a reason. They can become a huge problem very quickly though. They can pose a serious and costly burden on a landowner with livestock.

Hunting rats is a very enjoyable for a marksman. Especially at night. So of course one who doesn’t have the opportunity would desire it. There is nothing wrong with that.

An ideal rat hunt involves a surplus of rats that are culled for the benefit of livestock, property, and owner.

Glad you enjoyed the post. You would have fun with the rats. I also want to do the Florida Iguana hunt. I would definitely like to eat some, supposed to be pretty good. And I’m a reptile fan, recently went to a Repticon.

You don’t have to apologize to me.

I like to hear various approaches and points of view to a subject. Just happened to interject mine.

Reactions: imzratt321