Leshiy questions!

I've had my Leshiys for about a year now and I feel my setups are working very well. 

Barrel - I decided to go full on with all 350mm barrels. I prefer to shoot with a bit more power and the 250mm barrels had made the gun a bit twitchy when fired. If you keep the power down the 250mm barrels are fine. Currently have the .177, .22 and .30 barrels in 350mm.

Moderator - If you're running a 250mm barrel you should be fine with the stock air stripper. If you go 350mm barrels I suggest you look at the DonnyFL 1/2x20UNF adapter for 350mm barrels. For storage it's only about 1-1 1/2" longer and it lets you use any additional moderator you want. I use a .22 Tatsu (the 1.6" diameter looks best with the gun) with the .177 and .22 barrels and it's VERY quiet. I tried the Eagle Vision adapter but didn't have good results with a somewhat wandering POI.

Grip - contact Steven Brown. If you have large hands the v1 grip is best. If you have medium to smaller hands the newer v2 grip might work better. I have large hands. Have tried both and prefer the larger v1.

Hand//palm rest - this is a tough one and there are not a lot of accessories that will fit and still let the Leshiy fold and properly set the safety. I really like how the PTS Fortis Shift Short grip fits and feels. 

Scope - The Dedal Stalker is a great combo. There a video of Ed shooting a R5M with the Dedal at 50 and 100m and he is pretty spot on. I've tried lots of options including a SWFA 3-15 for some more precise shooting. Not much more to say - use the scope you like.

Airtube / Stock - the DrozdPCP airtube extension is great. Double the number of shots and lowers the butt 1" which raised the scope 1" helping with hold.

Trigger - I prefer the single stage as it was designed. I tried the 2 stage and didn't care for the feel - it's not a two stage and once pulled a little the trigger doesn't return making me think it leaves the sear in a less than safe position.

Gauge - I don't care for the EDMU, maybe is the wiring were more robust and the button actually worked reliably. Give me a good Wika analog gauge any day.

I've owned 3 Leshiy's. One I purchased with a highly modified 2 stage trigger, a 2nd I purchased with a lightly modified 2 stage trigger, a 3rd I modified myself to be "2 stage".

Long story short > I changed them all back to single stage. I'm a super picky trigger snob, but ED was right... single stage, smooth & light is the way to go with the Leshiy. JMHO

-Michael

1583119492_20917239105e5c7c843cacc6.98468335_IWA03626.jpg

Trigger - I prefer the single stage as it was designed. I tried the 2 stage and didn't care for the feel - it's not a two stage and once pulled a little the trigger doesn't return making me think it leaves the sear in a less than safe position.

Just put a spring over the trigger adjustment screw, 4mm longer, and the trigger will return to initial position.
1583142769_15707343235e5cd771018626.64319272_20200207_210557.jpg

I haven't added much to my Leshiy other than this pellet holder. Excellent quality, perfect fit, and works great. Machining is perfect and matches the Leshiy perfectly. You rotate the wheel with positive clicks for each pellet and you can see through to see how many you have left and it's numbered on the inside as well. You can grab the pellets with two fingers and transfer directly to the breech in a second or two. .22 holds 10. It's from Russia and here is their website but I did mine via direct message. It was $72 shipped for me. I don't have any pics at the moment but there are good pics on the site.

http://airmagtech.ru/product-category/edgun/ 

If you want to just cover your lower pic rail, since it's not the most comfortable thing for a hand rest or grip, these work great and are very inexpensive and good quality. With a handstop or without.

https://www.larue.com/products/larue-tactical-handstop-and-indexclip-combo-74-total-piece-set/

https://www.larue.com/products/larue-camo-index-clip-set-72-pcs/

Extra barrels are nice. I only have the .177 and .22. Both in 250mm. I like the compact nature of the Leshiy. Im not sure if I will ever go with larger cal barrels for it because anything after .25 requires 350mm barrels. Personally for me .177 and .22 are ideal. I run a bi-pod most of the time and also have a couple different for-grips for it as well. Current have the .177 huma pellet holder with the .22 on the way. Current setup im shooting 13g JSB .177 monsters at 844fps. Also mounted a compact FFP Vector optics scope. I find myself reaching for my Leshiy more often then my other airguns.