Leshiy Impressions - Trigger Creep?

I spent a few hours with the new Leshiy yesterday.

I mounted the Hawke Airmax 2-7x32 with UTG Medium height rings. The scope is fantastic for this gun! Very lightweight, nice, bright and clear glass, and a very sharp, thin reticle. (Thanks for the recommendation from Piter) However, the Medium rings are not quite high enough for the bell of the scope to clear the raised moderator. I had to slide the scope back on the gun, and now it sticks back too far for the gun to fit back in its case when folded. I will be switching to High profile rings.

The gun is really fun to shoot! It has a unique sound. It's not loud, and I would definitely classify as "Backyard Friendly". It's a unique sound... like it's muffled under a pillow..
Breaking the gun open to cock, and load is easy and becomes second nature after a little practice. The gun engages it's safety when you fold it completely. (It IS possible to cock the gun without folding it completely closed and engaging the safety) 

The trigger is strange. I don't like it. It's a single stage trigger, but it has MILES of creep. It has a very light pull, and it's silky smooth. You begin pulling the trigger, and it glides smoothly like butter for a while.. then, it eventually breaks. It also does not reset if you release halfway though the pull. If I'm squeezing a shot, and the critter jumps out of my crosshairs... I'm now holding a ticking timebomb! You have to cock the gun again to reset the trigger. Don't get me wrong, it's not a BAD trigger.. just different than what I prefer. I like very light, crisp triggers. ALSO, if you squeeze the trigger while the safety is partially engaged (which happens sometimes while loading) , it kinda jams the safety, and when you release the safety, the gun will FIRE! be careful. This happened to me 3 times, and I had to be sure to avoid this scenario.

It's accurate. I am using 15 grain, .22 JSB's. It's shooting at a very consistent 810 FPS. My chrony displayed "Duplicate" several times. I'm only getting about 15 shots per fill. It's going to take some getting used to. This is not a multi shot plinker...
I zeroed at 25 yards, and it shoots really well. I did not have time to move the target out to 50 yards, and honestly I don't expect to ever use this gun at those distances anyway. For me, this is a short range Pest gun.

Overall, I'm really excited about this gun! It looks awesome, it's very lightweight, it's tough as nails, and built like a tank! The Leshiy is a fine piece of engineering. The fit and finish and overall build quality is absolutely perfect. The case that it comes with is very compact and easy to toss in the truck. I expect to keep this one nearby at all times. :D

Interesting feedback on the trigger.

I have to admit that I've never really understood what seems like an almost universal preference for two-stage triggers in air guns. I read up on it a while ago and I was surprised to find that the rationale for two-stage triggers was related to safety.

If what I read was correct, it has nothing to do with accuracy. For optimal accuracy a light single stage trigger with as little travel as possible might be preferable. It's just that such a trigger would not be safe if you walked around the woods without your safety on (with the gun cocked obviously). For some, the extra step of flicking the safety off is less appealing than adding some extra travel to the trigger blade so a light snag from a branch won't cause the gun to fire. 

I rarely walk around with my air gun cocked and I find that extra travel in a trigger really hurts my off-hand shot. Then again, I use repeaters exclusively. If I was using a single shot gun like that for hunting, I would have to walk around with it cocked so it's strange that this is the one expensive gun that doesn't have a two-stage.

I think there must be something I'm still not understanding. 

"Deja"yea I have my vulcan set up as almost a single stage, and very light. Kinda surprises people that try it. Bad for safety, better for targets.
I thought I was the only one who liked that. Maybe there is more of us out there afraid to admit they don't like 2-stage triggers with a mile of travel because it's assumed that's what everyone wants.

As far as I am concerned, the longer I need to press the trigger, the more time I have to throw off what was a perfectly lined up shot. For me, safety is not cocking the gun until I am ready to take the shot and decocking it if I lose the shot. If I had to walk around with it cocked for some reason, flicking the safety off is not that much hassle if it is well placed like it is on the Mutant etc.

Creep? Are you sure? Mine is smooth as silk. Travel is non short, but it's smooth, light and very even. I can compare it directly to Matador and Lelya and it's better than both mentioned. And as said - it's a very acurate gun, also thanks to that trigger actually.

BTW, another trigger I like a lot is Record unit on my HW30s. It's 2-stage but very nice to shoot...

With this trigger design you can't have a 2nd stage.

I pull 3/4 way up the creep then fast follow through to the stop pin, took awhile to get the hang of it but works great

just machined a .20 barrel, happy with the speed of 885fps with 13.4g

.30 smooth twist at 625fps

.25 smooth twist 800fps 25g

gets kinda loud at the top end, that's another project to quiet her down some without adding to much length.

Ok, Im finally done modifying my Leshiy, the trigger was last on my list and Im happy with it new state.
I just couldnt get used to the trigger it came with as I tune all my PCPs with a very short 1-2mm light first stage and a 10 to 12oz break. 
Not having any direct feel of where the Leshiy trigger breaks added by the fact the break position changes depending on cocking consistency and whether you operated the safety catch at all I was finding myself snatching the trigger to try and get a quick break so I could get close to where my brain and eye registered a bulls eye. However I got many pulled shots as you saw in my hunting vid and when put on paper there was a disturbing consistency of groups in lateral lines pointing at bad trigger control. 
I can say that I did lose sleep over this one and I lay awake a couple of nights pondering how I could customise this trigger in such a way that it would work for me just like all my other pcps.
After many strip downs, measure ups followed by a day at work staring into space with the drawing of the leshiy trigger mechanism in my head I got home and got surgical on it...