EDgun Leshiy classic problems

Lol - check out this thread!

Yep you most likely have regulator creep from leaking o-rings, allowing reservoir pressure to bypass the regulator and prevent your puppet valve from fully opening for each shot. Do not try increasing hammer spring tension or you will risk breaking your valve stem.

You probably need to clean your air reservoir, any mineral deposits and corrosion for moisture, replace the outer o-rings and re-grease in your regulator assembly. Replace any o-rings that appeared to have taken a permanent compression set. Usually the outer ones take the brunt of the reservoir pressure.

It's pretty easy to do so try not to get to worked up about it. There are some good videos on YouTube for this. You should take the time to do at least a quick polish of some surfaces of the regulator mechanism, easily done without changing the regulator set point screw. And you definitely want to inspect the plastic nose of the regulator piston valve seat for debris or excessive indentation. See photos in the following threads for examples.

Here are some photos of the regulator from my Leshiy classic. There is more than one regulator style made over the years. Knowing which o-rings to buy is the first hurdle .

Edgun Leshiy Classic Regulator and Valve Annotated 20220618.jpg

Edgun Leshiy Classic Regulator Assembly Annotated 20220618.jpg

Edgun Leshiy Classic Regulator Piston Assy Nozzle n Plenum Annotated 20220618.jpg

Edgun Leshiy Classic Regulator Nozzle Annotated 20220618.jpg

Edgun Leshiy Classic Regulator Piston n Washers 1 Annotated 20220618.jpg

Edgun Leshiy Classic Regulator Piston n Washers 2 Annotated 20220618.jpg

Edgun Leshiy Classic Regulator Piston Nozzle n Plenum Annotated 20220618.jpg

Here is another thread about regulator creep for a different gun. I contributed some experience from my Leshiy classic:

https://www.airgunnation.com/threads/maybe-i-can-fix-this-reg.1276665/#post-1350320

And here is a story of regulator overhaul for my larger Edgun R5M with annotated photos. Hope they help you and others.

Good luck with your repairs.

Feinwerk

Yep you most likely have regulator creep from leaking o-rings, allowing reservoir pressure to bypass the regulator and prevent your puppet valve from fully opening for each shot. Do not try increasing hammer spring tension or you will risk breaking your valve stem.

You probably need to clean your air reservoir, any mineral deposits and corrosion for moisture, replace the outer o-rings and re-grease in your regulator assembly. Replace any o-rings that appeared to have taken a permanent compression set. Usually the outer ones take the brunt of the reservoir pressure.

It's pretty easy to do so try not to get to worked up about it. There are some good videos on YouTube for this. You should take the time to do at least a quick polish of some surfaces of the regulator mechanism, easily done without changing the regulator set point screw. And you definitely want to inspect the plastic nose of the regulator piston valve seat for debris or excessive indentation. See photos in the following threads for examples.

Here are some photos of the regulator from my Leshiy classic. There is more than one regulator style made over the years. Knowing which o-rings to buy is the first hurdle .

View attachment 398722
View attachment 398723

View attachment 398724

View attachment 398725
View attachment 398726
View attachment 398727
View attachment 398728

Here is another thread about regulator creep for a different gun. I contributed some experience from my Leshiy classic:

https://www.airgunnation.com/threads/maybe-i-can-fix-this-reg.1276665/#post-1350320

And here is a story of regulator overhaul for my larger Edgun R5M with annotated photos. Hope they help you and others.

Good luck with your repairs.

Feinwerk
Good afternoon! Would you happen to know what would prevent air from coming out if the bleeder screw?

I adjusted my reg like I have plently of time before to decrease the reg by about 20 bar. And it wouldn't shoot, I tried to degas the gun and it wouldn't bleed the air out after removing the 2mm hex screw or the ball bearing

@JaceSpace1369 ,
Oh that's weird. And a little scary that you removed the entire screw with bearing from a charged reservoir. Something you don't normally want to ever do for fear of shooting your eye out kid lol.

Sounds like you have some serious contamination or debris plugging the bleed hole.
The reg had locked up on me, that's why it wouldn't bleed. I had no idea is had a second bleed hole as an emergency bleeder, but all is good!

Reactions: Peskådot671
UPDATE:
Here are links to three geat videos on maintenance and disassembly of the Leshiy classic by Ed himself, the inventor. YouTube says that they are unlisted. I bookmarked them a long time ago. I guess the only way to find them now is to have someone give you the links.

Regards,
Feinwerk
Thanks a ton sir!

UPDATE:
Here are links to three geat videos on maintenance and disassembly of the Leshiy classic by Ed himself, the inventor. YouTube says that they are unlisted. I bookmarked them a long time ago. I guess the only way to find them now is to have someone give you the links.

Regards,
Feinwerk
Thanks for posting this. Ed has so many videos out which makes it hard to do a search for the technical ones.

UPDATE:

Regards,
Feinwerk
Thank you Sir. as well lol . :coffee:

Reactions: JaceSpace1369