• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning Leshiy classic huma 12 fpe

I have similar goals, albeit nowhere near 40 yards. Unfortunately that Leshiy started to leak and I've been procrastinating on removing the paracord to diagnose further. 

Rabbits are moving back into the yard so it's time to get back to it. I'll let you know what I find out.

Do you have the regular Huma now? Have you tried turning it and the HST down and seeing how slow you can go?

I know with 22/250 I have had the HST way under sprung for the reg setting and had it shooting really slow. The energy spread went up but accuracy still seemed good. Just have to pay attention to not taking that extra shot off the reg.

You could try the Huma 12 fpe with the standard hammer spring first, Wingman liked that setup, took a screenshot, the video is made private

huma 12ftlbs edgun leshiy reg.1617271635.JPG

https://youtu.be/L2nGqGyImkw

You could try the Huma 12 fpe with the standard hammer spring first, Wingman liked that setup, took a screenshot, the video is made private

huma 12ftlbs edgun leshiy reg.1617271635.JPG

https://youtu.be/L2nGqGyImkw

Towle is there any information about what sort of power/efficiency was made without the delrin spacer?

I'm not actually shooting for 12 FPE with mine. I guess I'll have to try both.

But interesting for sure. I know of two AGN posters who went back to the regular Huma but felt the sub-12 hammer spring was worth keeping installed for greater fine tuning.

scouty

Towle is there any information about what sort of power/efficiency was made without the delrin spacer?

Can't remember if Wingman said anything about that, should have saved those videos

But interesting for sure. I know of two AGN posters who went back to the regular Huma but felt the sub-12 hammer spring was worth keeping installed for greater fine tuning.

Yes I guess the sub hammer spring would work well with lower setting on a bigger plenum

When I had the sub 12 installed (.177 cal) I used the original hammer spring, reg at 115 bar, HST 19, that gave me 60 shots with JSB Heavy's at 761 fps, about 13 fpe

..but I missed the solid pling from the swingers so went back to the original Edgun reg :)

I went back through some of the stuff I had saved and am still confused. With these charts he suggests the same shot counts with regulator settings of 110 and 100 bar respectively for 177 and 22. But doesn't specify which hammer spring or whether the delrin spacer was used. Maybe he's saying 110 bar is most efficient but if you want 12 FPE with 22 you should bump down to 100 bar?

Still, gives me some things to try. My interest isn't low power necessarily but the super quiet is intriguing.

177 Leshiy sub 12.1617301360.PNG

22 Leshiy sub 12.1617301373.jpg

My interest isn't low power necessarily but the super quiet is intriguing.

Normally that means getting the pellet up to speed early in the barrel, aka lower volume of higher pressure air

Thank you for this. I have read about the concept of a "big sip of lower pressure air" vs "a small sip of higher pressure air" but don't recall it being in the context of sound.

Didn't Wingman show a spacer on his poppet in one of his sub-12 Leshiy videos?

Can I then assume this is the make the valve shut quicker? AKA a "smaller sip"?

I took a screen grab of a similar spacer from an Ernest Rowe video, although with the Edgun regulator and plenum, not the Huma sub-12.

Leshiy spacer 2.1617557250.PNG

Do you recall seeing a similar spacer in one of Wingman's videos?

Thank you for this. I have read about the concept of a "big sip of lower pressure air" vs "a small sip of higher pressure air" but don't recall it being in the context of sound.

There is a limit to how low you can go with the valve opening and still have low spread in velocity, so a reduced plenum size at higher pressure would be a better way to put it - if you really want to go deep into this, ask member of this forum, nervoustrig for advice

Didn't Wingman show a spacer on his poppet in one of his sub-12 Leshiy videos?

No I don't think so, the spacer may have been a temporary fix to prevent the hammer from hit and damage the brass bushing around the hammer stem, later the face of the hammer was changed to prevent that

leshiy brass bushing.1617622146.JPG

leshiy hammer.1617622160.JPG

Can I then assume this is the make the valve shut quicker? AKA a "smaller sip"?

I think you will be better of reducing the plenum size with a sleeve

I took a screen grab of a similar spacer from an Ernest Rowe video, although with the Edgun regulator and plenum, not the Huma sub-12.

Do you recall seeing a similar spacer in one of Wingman's videos?

No I don't recall that, BTW found more screenshots for wingman's leshiy clasis super tune video showing his mod of installing a AFAIR 310mm barrel instead of the original 250mm one, designing a new moderator system, making it more silent than the original 

leshiy clasis super tune 1.1617623023.JPG

leshiy clasis super tune 2.1617623040.JPG

leshiy clasis super tune 3.1617623057.JPG

leshiy clasis super tune 4.1617623071.JPG

leshiy clasis super tune 5.1617623084.JPG

leshiy clasis super tune 6.1617623097.JPG