• The Airgun Nation App is ready for iOS users! It should be available for Android users any minute! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

Leshiy Classic adding a bottle - suggestions/corrections/advice

Hi everyone,
I have a leshiy classic and i want to give it more autonomy.
this is my idea:

Leshiy Bottle_Adapter.jpg

To all airgun engineers in this forum I need your suggestions, corrections and advice to make this idea possible to work.

Thank you in advance

That should work, but the LOP will be extremely long. That's the main reason why I had ditched a stock that I had mounted on one of my Leshiys way back when.

You could also copy the John Hagan design and connect the bottle via a fill probe style connector and clamp it to the factory air cylinder.

Just be aware that having all of that weight in the rear is going to change the balance of the rifle in a way that isn't so great (it really doesn't take much IME given how light the Leshiy is).

Reactions: Long_Gun_Dallas
There’s a lad in the U.K. making adapters to do similar but for using with the L2 butt and lower tube/bottle, I’ve just done my own and another lad’s I know

520F7365-8EB5-4ACD-901F-FFFE9A5F1594.jpeg1E954A6B-6D85-4838-9667-7C8D1F261C7D.jpeg

This keeps the lop almost the same as the original

1677E9A5-4B44-4CFA-9C8A-70163D7700AE.jpeg3D287312-69A6-4DCD-AA9C-A86659207C3B.jpeg

These are the adapters he makes, the shorter ones for use with L2 tube and keeps lop almost the same, the longer one for use with a bottle that stops the bottle fouling on the trigger guard when folded but adds an 1” to lop

C47385EE-86AC-4119-BD56-14A8FCEDBB57.jpeg

Reactions: TerryE1
Hi to all,
this project is still ongoing, and now it's time to ask a friend of mine that has a lathe, to do the adapter to connect to the tube.
Where should be the hole for the air? Centered or colse to the side?

View attachment 337334
Thank you
Sorry for the late reply. With the thickness of the material, either place would be fine. From a machining standpoint, centered is less time consuming as it doesn’t require an additional machine setup.

Dave

Hi to all,
this project is still ongoing, and now it's time to ask a friend of mine that has a lathe, to do the adapter to connect to the tube.
Where should be the hole for the air? Centered or colse to the side?

View attachment 337334
Thank you
Hi to all,
Finally I received the adapter and now I can finish my project, but first there's some more questions that I have (and must) do:
- The threaded part in the picture above (orange), which material shall I use? Alluminium or steel?

- The adapter came with a gauge (bellow pictures) that has a M8 thread. But I wanted to use the EDMU gauge of my leshiy, which has a G1/8 BSP thread.
Is it possible to thread the M8 hole in to a G1/8 BSP?
20230505_091043.jpg
20230505_092200.jpg
20230505_092208.jpg

Thank you in advance for you possible inputs and expertise.

First, I would use aluminum for the adapter. 7075-t6. Dissimilar metals don’t always play nice together (steel and aluminum).

I’m not sure on the adapter being threaded for 1/8”bsp. It SHOULD be fine but without seeing the material available on the adapter, can’t say for sure.

Be safe,
Dave
Hi Dave, first of all, thank you for your answers.
Regarding the material, I have a piece of round alluminium with 40mm of diameter that would do, but I don't think it's 7075-T6. I doubt...
For safety reasons I might be using steel.

This is the hole for the M8 gauge that came with it:
1683555582590.png

But I think there's enough space to drill it for G1/8 BSP.

1683555235347.png