• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

EDgun Leshiy barrel length.

Hey, y'all. Has anyone experimented with different barrel lengths, beyond what's available from the factory? I know Leshiy's claim to fame is its compact size, but it also seems very efficient, given it's barrel length and tiny reservoir. Kinda curious what type of performance one could expect from full length barrels. Could make for a great lightweight, slim rifle. Or maybe it's optimized for performance with short barrels. Let me know.

Hey, y'all. Has anyone experimented with different barrel lengths, beyond what's available from the factory? I know Leshiy's claim to fame is its compact size, but it also seems very efficient, given it's barrel length and tiny reservoir. Kinda curious what type of performance one could expect from full length barrels. Could make for a great lightweight, slim rifle. Or maybe it's optimized for performance with short barrels. Let me know.

I assume you mean the original Leshiy Classic? People have installed at least 450mm barrels in them but I'm not sure it's common.

I have seen it done with two threaded extensions. Have also seen it done with what appeared to be one extension plus some sort of adapter that allowed an offset moderator. Possibly even an ~460mm barrel with a threaded end. Russian video from back when YouTube translate function didn't work as well so I can't be sure if it was a threaded barrel or adapter.

I have never gone longer than 350mm & never beyond 45 FPE in .25 so I can't really speculate about performance advantages.

Somewhere in the AGN archives there is a picture of a Leshiy Classic with a long barrel. I'll see if I can find it.

Reactions: muradtexas
I have a Leshiy2 and I would like to get one Classic as well.
My L2 came with a custom .22x350 AP barrel, and shortly after I started buying longer (in both .22 and .25 as well).
x500 AP with 1:17.7 TR from Russia, in both calibers. These arrived with last train in Feb 2020.
I also made a conversion to use my FX x600 liners which I have in several TR's, same in both calibers.
I can confirm that the longer barrels much easier to fine tune the Dwell to eliminate the airblast at muzzle, these needs considerably less Reg, less air loss more number of shots, and longer barrels are less sensitive for torque.
I decided I will sacrifice the compactness but more precision.
As a large volume target shooter I can confirm the L2 is a very capable of a MOA precision if you do your homework right.

I assume you mean the original Leshiy Classic? People have installed at least 450mm barrels in them but I'm not sure it's common.

I have seen it done with two threaded extensions. Have also seen it done with what appeared to be one extension plus some sort of adapter that allowed an offset moderator. Possibly even an ~460mm barrel with a threaded end. Russian video from back when YouTube translate function didn't work as well so I can't be sure if it was a threaded barrel or adapter.

I have never gone longer than 350mm & never beyond 45 FPE in .25 so I can't really speculate about performance advantages.

Somewhere in the AGN archives there is a picture of a Leshiy Classic with a long barrel. I'll see if I can find it.
Thank you. I'll look for the video, too. I am fluent in Russian, so translating won't be a problem.

My L2 came with a custom .22x350 AP barrel, and shortly after I started buying longer (in both .22 and .25 as well).
x500 AP with 1:17.7 TR from Russia, in both calibers. These arrived with last train in Feb 2020.
I also made a conversion to use my FX x600 liners which I have in several TR's, same in both calibers.
I can confirm that the longer barrels much easier to fine tune the Dwell to eliminate the airblast at muzzle, these needs considerably less Reg, less air loss more number of shots, and longer barrels are less sensitive for torque.
As a large volume target shooter I can confirm the L2 is a very capable of a MOA precision if you do your homework right.
I have a Classic with a compact .22 barrel and a spare 350mm .25 barrel, as well as shroud extension and some parts. Not sure I'd want to part with the gun yet (although folks at American Express might disagree lol), but if you want the .25 barrel and shroud extension, let me know.

Thank you. I'll look for the video, too. I am fluent in Russian, so translating won't be a problem.

I've been watching a bunch of Russian L2 videos & some older Leshiy Classic videos I've seen before are popping up again. Unfortunately not the one I remember.

There are other videos from another European country where the guy shoots spinners in the snow. Sort of stylish editing with music background. He may have used a 450mm barrel as well.

As a large volume target shooter I can confirm the L2 is a very capable of a MOA precision if you do your homework right
Interesting about the barrels. Where did you order them? I've been curious about that.

I have a Classic with a compact .22 barrel and a spare 350mm .25 barrel, as well as shroud extension and some parts. Not sure I'd want to part with the gun yet (although folks at American Express might disagree lol), but if you want the .25 barrel and shroud extension, let me know.
I am lurking with the idea but no decision maybe until mid January...for a well known reason ;)
The longer 350 barrel would work with Canadian laws, we have a minimum length requirement, shorter is a nogo. I have it written down somewhere I need to re read. My L2 came with 350 barrel.

I am lurking with the idea but no decision maybe until mid January...for a well known reason ;)
The longer 350 barrel would work with Canadian laws, we have a minimum length requirement, shorter is a nogo. I have it written down somewhere I need to re read. My L2 came with 350 barrel.

I believe the shorter barrel is legal in Canada as long as the shroud extension is permanently attached?

I should have a PM with that information.

But at that point I'd just use a longer barrel anyways.

I believe the shorter barrel is legal in Canada as long as the shroud extension is permanently attached?....
Yes the shorter barrel is legal but if the overall length is less then 26" or something like that = that will put it in a handgun firearm category and you just cannot walk the street with it like that. If the total length is longer then it is considered as a rifle - airgun and the restrictions are much more friendly. I need to check in my PC was that 26" or 24" or 22".
Right now I am on tablet and speculating only.
And sorry for derailing the thread.

Reactions: JaceSpace1369
You let me know, I'm not in a rush. I just ordered an Uragan 2 in .25, so I need money more than I need a .25 cal Leshiy, but it's not urgent.

Reactions: JaceSpace1369
Do you know if you can mount two extensions back to back?