Leshiy 2

I bought this gun 250 mm in .177 from EGW well it just sprayed the target so I sent it back. They said I got a bad barrel and replaced it. Got it back and it still shoots 1.5 to2.0 groups at 35 yards. On top of that the magazine works part time will not cycle. So I decide to try .22 cal 350mm barrel to soon to judge how well it will shoot but still has cycling problems. I watched many vids and never a mention of these problems. Is any one else having this problem? If so did you fix it and how ? Thanks for any help.

Hello watch the video on removing and reinstalling the barrel. I too had an issue with it cycling when I first received my L2 250 22cal, called Brian and he said it was common during shipping for the barrel to move due to the soft touch oh the shippers. Removed the barrel, cleaned it while it was out, reinstalled it and have not had a problem since (1000s of pellets thru the gun at this point) Hope this helps Eric.

Don’t get discouraged Dale. I suggest you watch all the videos on EdGun West on the Leshiy 2 and there are some good reads archived on this forum about this platform to give you all you need to know . I have found the gun favors heavy slugs and pellets sized up to fit the barrel and cylinder. AVS and soon NSA have slugs in proper sizes. H&N barracuda.22 do well in my barrel as well. Good luck

After owning one for quite some time, I still find it nuts that this barrel issue exists. 

the barrel is held in by 4 Allens as opposed to some companies barrels that have just 1. 
unless they’re not properly tightening them from the factory/dealer, then I find it hard to believe this happens in shipping. Unless they’re playing American football with your package!

I really don’t think this can be blamed on shipping. This is a lack of properly tightening the barrel clamping screws. 

Now, if adjusting the barrel doesn’t fix your issues, there are some other things that can be checked. If the barrel is the culprit, it’s usually easy to tell by spinning the mag by hand while the gun is closed, and it should spin freely without noticeable lag. 

After owning one for quite some time, I still find it nuts that this barrel issue exists. 

the barrel is held in by 4 Allens as opposed to some companies barrels that have just 1. 
unless they’re not properly tightening them from the factory/dealer, then I find it hard to believe this happens in shipping. Unless they’re playing American football with your package!

The guns you are comparing it to probably don't have the same materials meeting together. I would guess that explains the difference in design strategy.

..and the mag should "float"between the breech and valve housing, you should be able to slip a piece of paper in between the mag and breech, down to the barrel - and between the mag and valve housing, down to the puck

leshiy 2 barrel tolerance.1654509030.JPG

The guns you are comparing it to probably don't have the same materials meeting together. I would guess that explains the difference in design strategy.

Please elaborate. I’m not following what you’re trying to say. Barrel clamping is barrel clamping. 4 clamping screws makes for a pretty tough clamping force on that barrel. What am I missing in your post?

I don't know why there any ppl crying about those 4 screws for barrel clamping.....you just need to find your common sense. google it what that means if you have more then two screws for clamping and how to do it in what sequence, if google can't help - we can. You never tighten a first screw all the way in a single step, and progress to a next one and next and next...you need to finger tight only the #1 and #3 then a #2 or #4 (or any random) but a point is finger tight all the same then check if the barrel rotates, fingertight again all the same and check again...you go around and around again, when it stops rotating then you give it a 2Nm torque on all four screws. This torquing advise applies just to everything in your mechanical life anything with multiple screws surrounding you.

I am removing all my barrels and liners for cleaning/polishing, these have steps in removing and steps putting back...you can do shortcuts but the results won't be pleasing.

What else I can suggest? A tons you can entertain with, but a first that can improve the mag indexing:

polish the holes.1654523548.JPG

I removed this "bracket" and polished the hole = meaning removed the cutter marks from machining = less friction between parts. Also the pin side of it got a touch of polishing.

Grease in between connecting/sliding parts.

You got a Leshiy2 which I am considering not a simple PCP to start with. Every day we learning something new, but don't screw up any parts than becomes pretty expensive.

I bought this gun 250 mm in .177 from EGW well it just sprayed the target so I sent it back. They said I got a bad barrel and replaced it. Got it back and it still shoots 1.5 to2.0 groups at 35 yards. On top of that the magazine works part time will not cycle. So I decide to try .22 cal 350mm barrel to soon to judge how well it will shoot but still has cycling problems. I watched many vids and never a mention of these problems. Is any one else having this problem? If so did you fix it and how ? Thanks for any help.

about your first 250mm .177 barrel, never seen a bad Lothar Walther barrel and I own more than 10 airgun with same, but guess it can happen

Was the spraying mostly horizontal? - if that was the case it could be a locking problem like I had with the very first and I would guess that problem should be fixed in production by now

Also note the L2 seems to prefer the heavier pellets like JSB Heavy and JSB Monster and Monster Redesigned (at the right speed of cause)

Groups of 1.5 to 2.0 Minute of Angle at 35 yards is about my average, but MOA, not inches

Note your 350mm .22 cal may be a Alfa precision barrel, if so, not choked (great for slugs), my version is quite picky about pellets but really really loves the H&N Baracuda Match and I can live with that - one mag standing with support:

L2 Baracuda Match.1654538606.JPG

I have lusted over the Leshiy 2 250mm .22 for a while now. I really like the takedown / collapsibility but given the price I have managed to hold out.

I hear overwhelmingly good reviews for the Leshiy 2. I get worried when I see threads like this. For current owners, how is the general maintenance on them?

I lusted for over a year before it got the best of me. So worth it. It (L2 250mm .22) is exactly what I want from a PCP. I don’t have any others and not looking. 

I fiddled with the 22 and it is now working well and with the few pellets I hav on hand it looks promising. One thing of note the new 22 barrel does not have a snap ring. It has a machined lip in its place plus a flat cut in on side so as to clear the roller. It was so easy to damage the roller with the snap ring if your not very careful. Maintaining the gun is very simple. The problems I have aside I love the gun. I use the 250 hand guard with my 350 barrel so it still fits in as small case.

Dale

Please elaborate. I’m not following what you’re trying to say. Barrel clamping is barrel clamping. 4 clamping screws makes for a pretty tough clamping force on that barrel. What am I missing in your post?

I'm not sure if you are missing anything, or what you might be missing, if you are.

You were making a point of comparing one gun to another, but you did not compare the actual designs. It's like saying you have two rocks in your hand, but without discussing one being andesite and the other is basalt. Materials matter. People like granite or andesite countertops, but I've never heard of people using basalt for countertops. 

Depending on what materials you have clamped together, you need a different design strategy. This is for pretty elementary reasons: for example, different materials shrink at differential rates with temperature changes. So a relatively simple clamp design that works for one material setup, may not work for another. 

Also, the spacing on the Leshiy 2 needs to be pretty exact for the cycling mechanism to work. I haven't seen another airgun with this kind of delicate setup requirement. So it's the kind of thing owners need to be keenly aware of and get right. 

...One thing of note the new 22 barrel does not have a snap ring. It has a machined lip in its place plus a flat cut in on side so as to clear the roller...Dale

I have a custom LW poly barrel (actually 3) and no snap ring also no lip, it is a straight cylinder/barrel and I am removing for cleaning - pulling it out at front.

When placing the barrel back - sliding it from front - per say with my right hand (and holding the gun horizontal on a tripod or a vice, the mag side is in my left hand) sliding in slowly barrel and I could feel touched the mag...check with left hand the mag is turning freely with right hand start finger-tightening the screws. Simple.

I fiddled with the 22 and it is now working well and with the few pellets I hav on hand it looks promising. One thing of note the new 22 barrel does not have a snap ring. It has a machined lip in its place plus a flat cut in on side so as to clear the roller. It was so easy to damage the roller with the snap ring if your not very careful. Maintaining the gun is very simple. The problems I have aside I love the gun. I use the 250 hand guard with my 350 barrel so it still fits in as small case.

Dale

By hand guard do you mean the Edgun moderator or are you using a Valkyrie hand guard? If the former, how much louder is it with the 350 mm barrel?