• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Leshiy 2 vs wildcat mk3 compact

I have had both. They are very different. The power levels between them are very similar, or at least, can be very similar assuming similar calibers. In .25 my Wildcat Compact gave a maximum of about 56 FPE. I could get my 350 mm Leshiy 2 close to that, and I am sure with a 450mm barrel it would have been easy. With a 600 mm FX barrel in the L2 I was well over 60 FPE.

The Wildcat has a much better trigger and would be better for pure target work. The L2 is fine, but not a tack driver. From an ergonomic standpoint I found not much between them. They are different, but both fit me well. I found the L2 to be much louder unless one used a good silencer, such as the Mod40. With equivalent silencers they are, again pretty similar.

However, the L2 is a semi-auto. That’s totally different right there. My Wildcat was very similar to my Wildcat Sniper, and my Crowns, and my Impact. The L2 was its own thing!

I have since sold the Wildcats (not the Crowns or Impacts). I’m not selling my Leshiy 2.

Chris

I haven’t had a Wildcat but do have a GRS Dreamline and a compact Maverick. I did have a Crown but sold that to get the Maverick. Wish I didn’t sell the Crown now. I just can’t feel the love for a bull pup. Maybe the Wildcat with its stock would help. But I bought it for bench rest shooting out to 100 yds. I have the Leshiy 2 in .22 x 250mm and a .30 barrel in 350mm. I find myself grabbing the Leshiy nine out of ten times because it’s just so cool. Yes the trigger is not a bench target trigger but it is fine for hunting. It does take some practice to get it down but with a good rest on the side of a tree I can group MOA of squirrel head out to 40 yards. I have shot some impressive groups with it at 40 yards so I know the gun is accurate if I do my part. If and when I miss I know I need to concentrate more. It makes me a better shooter. Noise isn’t a big factor with me as I used to hunt with 22 LR and never had a problem spooking game. My Leshiy in .22 with a Mod 40 is about equal to my Dreamline.22 but it is deceiving from a shooters perspective. From 20 yards away they both sound the same. Like the others who have replied above I am glad I bought the Leishiy 2 and don’t see me ever selling it. So that should tell you something. Yes there are used ones out there but I think most of those who sell their Leshiy 2’s do so because they are used to pellet on pellet accuracy with triggers measured in ounces with other guns. I understand that but the Leshiy is meant to be a compact powerful ( for barrel length) hunting gun at moderate distances. I think that is what you were asking for.

I've owned all three. The wildcat mk3 .30 cal was my first. I'll say it was super accurate. But the deal breaker for me was the trigger. It has quite a bit of take up, which I hear is a common issue with bullpups. Then I pre ordered FX impact mk3 .25 cal. Then a few weeks later EDgun west had a bunch of leshiy 2's in stock. I couldn't resist. Leshiy 2 is a ton of fun to shoot. The trigger has less take up and has a very unique feel. Its hammerless and I've notices if I pull the trigger too slow I can hear air escaping. Just something to get use to. I have a know you limits target set up a 60 yard and the .5" target is no problem to hit repeatedly. That said when I shoot paper I get slightly better groups from the FX guns. Then the impact finally showed up. It's everything people say it is. If tinkering is your thing, this is the one for you. Me personally I like the Leshiy 2. It's light weight, easy to reload, I added the bigger air tank which as a very respectable shot count, and it's been plenty accurate. I've taken several ground squirrels at 50 - 60 yards. You really can't go wrong. All three are fantastic. 

I've owned all three. The wildcat mk3 .30 cal was my first. I'll say it was super accurate. But the deal breaker for me was the trigger. It has quite a bit of take up, which I hear is a common issue with bullpups.

Mr. White -

That "takeup", as you call it is the first stage of two trigger movements. It CAN be adjusted to zero if you had so desired !

Todays bullpup triggers with the exception of the Daystate electronic triggers with have no "slop", are actually pretty well designed. ANY...slop as some uninitiated, call it, IS, the first stage of the pull and in most cases can be adjusted to minimal or fully out if they like. Any true "slop" is SO minor, I dare anyone can tell me that they can feel a .001" or .002" slop..!

Mike