EDgun Leshiy 2 vs Western Sidewinder

drsquall

Jul 22, 2022
OK
Good morning,
Quick question-
I am wanting a good semiauto for hunting birds to small game. I have narrowed it down to these 2 listed above. I want a removable mag which kicked Huben out.
The Leshiy 2 will have the bottle on it and want the 350mm barrel. Caliber haven't decided yet but nothing above 30. My biggiest concern with the sidewinder is I am left handed and I don't think it will work. I know people say well I make it work by tweaking my scope and bringing it further back. I am not spending 2,000 plus on any gun where I have to change my cheek weld or mess with my natural hold. So maybe this should be talk me out of a Leshiy 2 lol.
What do you think?

Thanks
Jon

I don't shoot left handed but I've had both and their both fantastic guns but I decided to keep the L2 because it's handier for me as being not so bulky like the Sidewinder.
I thought about that as well. Some people really hate how loud they are and aren't backyard friendly but where I live my neighbors are cows. lol.

IMO, the L2 is a versatile semi-auto. Like an AR15, you can configure it to make it what you want (caliber, handguards, tube cylinder/air bottles). From what I've seen, the Sidewinder might have the edge in the accuracy department. The Sidewinder just looks a little too bulky for me and looks like it wouldn't carry well. Might be good for the bench though.

Reactions: Bowhunter73
IMO, the L2 is a versatile semi-auto. Like an AR15, you can configure it to make it what you want (caliber, handguards, tube cylinder/air bottles). From what I've seen, the Sidewinder might have the edge in the accuracy department. The Sidewinder just looks a little too bulky for me and looks like it wouldn't carry well. Might be good for the bench though.
I agree I have always wanted one for hunting squirrels and birds

I’m running a L2 22 cal 350mm, I like how easy it is to adjust. I will agree that the L2 is quieter than the sidewinder, the trigger is a toss up. They are both good hunting rigs, my L2 likes hades at 130bar or slugs at 155 bar. The sidewinder will be a night hunting rig for this winter.
Are you just running a factory setup for the L2? I think the L2 is the way to go for me. BUT the new karma sls coming in August is very interesting and $1,000 cheaper

Last edited:
Reactions: Cranky1
IMG_3642.jpeg

Huma mod 40 with a shroud setup 350mm and 300cc bottle. It might come up for sale with some extras. This thing has been 600mm with fx adapter for fun and setup as a lightweight for woods walking. It’s a fun setup, I used it mainly for armadillo on my property.
IMG_2884.jpeg

They are extremely flexible and until western allows people to get parts(without having stuff custom made) I think the L2 will be better. I’m wanting a longer barrel for the sidewinder, but AOA said they don’t sell parts and western told me to contact AOA.

Reactions: drsquall
Hello
I own both an L2 in 22 with a 250 barrel A the LCS19 ( a little different than the sidewinder) in 22 cal as well. I too am left handed and have no issue with either, that being said the L2 gets used so much more. It is just so small , rugged, and handy. Hope this helps, and if any questions just ask Eric
Do you lose much with the 250 barrel.

Last edited:
View attachment 462589
Huma mod 40 with a shroud setup 350mm and 300cc bottle. It might come up for sale with some extras. This thing has been 600mm with fx adapter for fun and setup as a lightweight for woods walking. It’s a fun setup, I used it mainly for armadillo on my property. View attachment 462590
They are extremely flexible and until western allows people to get parts(without having stuff custom made) I think the L2 will be better. I’m wanting a longer barrel for the sidewinder, but AOA said they don’t sell parts and western told me to contact AOA.
Looks good. What kind of shot count on the bottle?

Looks good. What kind of shot count on the bottle?
I own a .25 with 350mm barrel. I shoot the JSB King Exact 25.4 gr Reg pressure 130 bar, 0.5 and 0.6 jets. 350cc bottle. Speed around 870 fps. Shotcount 88 to 96 on the reg. Use is for action shooting and 50 yard benchrest. Hunting with an Air rifle is not allowed in my country.

20240502_161544.jpg

Reactions: drsquall