• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Leshiy 2 vs Huben: Which would you get?

I am very interested in seeing which ones people keep. Everybody buys what appeals to their own tastes, fixed mags, separate mags, whatever. After the shine wears off and you are just living with it and getting it serviced or fixed a few times and using it in different climates and locations then the opinions turn from new infatuation to experience, that is a very interesting read. Hopefully, someone will get both and do a running report comparing them, these forums are really awesome when that happens.

sticman77- Yes I have owned several Edguns in the past. All of them were rock solid accurate performers. No Issues with the rifles. At the time I was purchasing Edguns the Cust. service SUCKED! That's what did it in for me. I will not get into that can-of-worms at this moment. I did shoot my best 100yd group with an Edgun R3M .22 3 shots measuring .187" @ 100yds. I had a witness to prove it and still have the target hanging in my garage. But, I don't paper punch I am a hunter. I use my air rifles to hunt with. I like the Huben just for that. Have I had issues with Hubens yes. But, hasn't every manufacture had issues? I can name some but won't. The pro's for the Huben out weigh the issues that I have experienced and I repair my own problems.

You wouldn't have happened to sell that accurate 100 yard .187" shooting R3M to a gent in NY?

Sticman, one piece of info. that may be helpful is, the customer service with the Huben is beyond great. Krazcool airguns is the main importer/dealer of the Huben. Kelly is the owner and is remarkable. I got a slug stuck (my fault) in mine, and he talked me through taking the gun apart (I mean way apart) to fix the issue. We were on the phone for over an hour.

Not just that, but he as answered many, many e-mails from me about the gun, tuning it, etc. 

So, with the Huben, you know there's going to be someone on the other end of the phone that knows the gun inside and out, and is willing to help with any question or problem. 

Chas

Sticman, one piece of info. that may be helpful is, the customer service with the Huben is beyond great. Krazcool airguns is the main importer/dealer of the Huben. Kelly is the owner and is remarkable. I got a slug stuck (my fault) in mine, and he talked me through taking the gun apart (I mean way apart) to fix the issue. We were on the phone for over an hour.

Not just that, but he as answered many, many e-mails from me about the gun, tuning it, etc. 

So, with the Huben, you know there's going to be someone on the other end of the phone that knows the gun inside and out, and is willing to help with any question or problem. 

Chas

that sentiment has been expressed multiple times in this thread. and in video reviews.

can anyone comment on edgun west customer service?

I can report, even though I have yet to buy anything from him, Brian at Edgun West is extremely responsive to e-mails I've sent him. I am not concerned as I await my preordered Leshiy 2.

My limited interaction with Brian has been excellent as well. Also not concerned and patiently waiting for my pre-ordered Leshiy 2 also.

This will be my first Edgun, their reputation and the uniqueness of the Leshiy 2 is what really caught my desire.

i've now had an interaction with Edgun West and Krazcool, and can say both are prompt in responses and polite.

for anybody still interested in this thread and the Leshiy 2, this video may be of some interest:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yB-AGb2snOc

while ed's transparency here is amazing, it is worrisome to me that they have identified an issue this late in the manufacturing process of the production models. this may or may not be the last issue found, but the Huben seems like the safer bet for a fun whistle pig/rabbit gun