• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Leshiy 2 Safety

Yesterday I had 5 inches of snow so decided to dry fire my Leshiy 2 in the basement to get better at my trigger control. I verified there weren't any pellets in my magazine then checked my safety by pulling trigger with safety on. To my surprise the gun fired with the safety on. I always verify a functioning safety on any new gun and did verify the Leshiy 2 safety when I first got it. It was working properly out of the box. I have put about 400 pellets through the gun before yesterday. Has anybody else had the same issue?

Brian has a video up on how to adjust the trigger/safety so I don't see a problem with getting it adjusted but this is a bit disconcerting on a new gun. 

Apparently the issue isn't a trigger adjustment issue. Edgun's video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipOLgpC-Ads) shows how the trigger adjustment can affect the safety. After watching the video many times it appears the safety is not mechanically dropping the bar that engages the firing valve. After email discussions with Brian at Edgun West it looks like it may be an issue with a spring in the trigger/safety mechanism. Brian gave me a suggestion on how to fix it and will handle it if I am uncomfortable fixing it myself. Not sure I want to try to fix it myself with no documentation or schematics available on the trigger group. I'll provide an update once it is fixed.

BTW this issue isn't weather related. My gun wasn't exposed to cold when this happened. It was in the house at room temperature when the issue happened and has never been outside in temperatures lower than 60 degrees F. 

Reactions: discipledown
Apparently the issue isn't a trigger adjustment issue. Edgun's video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipOLgpC-Ads) shows how the trigger adjustment can affect the safety. After watching the video many times it appears the safety is not mechanically dropping the bar that engages the firing valve. After email discussions with Brian at Edgun West it looks like it may be an issue with a spring in the trigger/safety mechanism. Brian gave me a suggestion on how to fix it and will handle it if I am uncomfortable fixing it myself. Not sure I want to try to fix it myself with no documentation or schematics available on the trigger group. I'll provide an update once it is fixed.

BTW this issue isn't weather related. My gun wasn't exposed to cold when this happened. It was in the house at room temperature when the issue happened and has never been outside in temperatures lower than 60 degrees F.

Thank you for sharing. I've been concerned about this too and always looking for updates. Please keep us posted. I'm also facing the same issue with my safety. No matter how much I adjust the screw on the trigger it doesn't help the safety issue from coming back over time. Couple this with any valkyrie kit or the carbon fiber handguard that prevents the folding mechanism to fully engage and lock, these are always on my mind. I am living with it for now but anxiously await some updates on these concerns.

Thank you again, 

RJ 

ghoststalker - I am concerned about doing it myself vs having Brian do it. Interestingly I have never looked at what the warranty is on a Leshiy 2. Just wanted Ed's newest and best! Went looking for what the warranty is and can not find that information. Will ask Brian today.

RJGTA - the reason I started this thread was to get other folks to chime in if they had a similar problem. Interested if this is an isolated case or systemic. You are the first person that has chimed in with a similar issue. After watching and rewatching Ed's video I can not understand how the trigger adjustment can keep the trigger bar from mechanically being engaged by the safety as it is supposed to. It looks like the worst case trigger adjustment (no slack between trigger bar and valve) would permanently engage the safety by eventually forcing the trigger bar below the valve stem.

ghoststalker - I am concerned about doing it myself vs having Brian do it. Interestingly I have never looked at what the warranty is on a Leshiy 2. Just wanted Ed's newest and best! Went looking for what the warranty is and can not find that information. Will ask Brian today.

RJGTA - the reason I started this thread was to get other folks to chime in if they had a similar problem. Interested if this is an isolated case or systemic. You are the first person that has chimed in with a similar issue. After watching and rewatching Ed's video I can not understand how the trigger adjustment can keep the trigger bar from mechanically being engaged by the safety as it is supposed to. It looks like the worst case trigger adjustment (no slack between trigger bar and valve) would permanently engage the safety by eventually forcing the trigger bar below the valve stem.

there was another thread where ed had commented on a video of a russian individual that was also having safety issues. those threads got a little... emotional so i'm not sure if they are still around. his issue was due to trigger adjustment from what ed stated

I got together with Brian via telephone last Thursday. He gave me the option of do the adjustment myself or sending the rifle to him. After talking with him we determined that I was capable of adjusting the safety with his guidance. He talked me through adjusting the safety in real time. Note, if you talk with Brian first and he agrees that you can accomplish the adjustment there isn't an impact to your warranty. Bottom line the safety is working now.

I won't get into the details because if anybody were to follow my advice without talking to Brian you may void your warranty. The process is relatively easy. The "trigger group" on a Leshiy 2 is just a lever system not a sear based system I'm used to. The trigger pushes a hinged metal bar against the firing valve. The safety drops the trigger bar below the firing valve so when the trigger is pulled, with safety on, the trigger bar is below the firing valve. 

For some unknown reason the trigger bar started to hit the firing valve with the safety engaged on my Leshiy 2 after about 400 pellets had been fired successfully without a safety issue. After talking with Brian and response to this thread it looks like RJGTA, myself and one other person have seen an issue with the safety. If you have an issue with your Leshiy 2 safety give Brian a call and he will take care of you. I am very pleased with Brian's response and help.

My safety also suddenly stopped working
Gun has been dormant for a long time and now no safety
The safety is important to me and I’m not ok with misfires and having to unjust it
I like to drink vodka and the safety really needs to work
I guess I gotta call Brian and find a tool
“I like to drink vodka and the safety really needs to work”… You’re trolling, right?