Leshiy 2 questions

Ok so i recently acquired a Leishy classics in 22 cal in a package deal. Needed to sell off to hbelp pay for package and didn’t really want a single shot. Put a scope on it to “just try it” and wow so quiet and accurate

my questions and I asked the guy i bought it from

is this a factory silencer or an add on?

if i bought a Leishy 2 in 30 cal how loud would it be from factory and what would it take to quiet it down a bit? Is there a better option for a 30 cal as far as quietness? I absolutely love this classic except for the single shot

i have enough 22 cal air guns so looking at a 30 for next purchase so pros and cons of that too please

thanks

The .30 cal Leshiy 2 will be pretty loud without some additional silencing, especially as compared to the >22 Leshiy Classic (or almost any .22 call out there). I found the factory silencer to be pretty loud, however it is a LOT quieter than shooting the gun without any moderator at all!

For me, the bottom line is that the Leshiy 2 is a pretty loud gun in standard configuration. I originally bought mine in the .25 350mm configuration. I have since gone to a 600mm .25 barrel, before changing to a .30 350 and now a .30 600mm setup. It shoots great, is very powerful (95 Ft Lbs Energy) and accurate, but it can be loud. I have a Huma Mod40 on mine and that does tame the bark dramatically. Frankly, the factory mod, especially in .30 cal, made the gun not suitable for my purposes (primarily shooting in my yard). With the Huma I do not have those concerns and its just as quiet as my other guns with similar power levels.

Chris

Well, its been a while since I sold my Semi auto Marauder, however I would say that the L2 with the Mod40 was a bit louder than the Marauder semi auto, but not by much. The L2 can be a bit misleading in terms of loudness, since a significant amount of the noise comes from the action, which is right beside the shooters air. It sound quite a bit louder when you are shooting than it does when you stand beside someone else shooting the same gun. When my sons were visiting a few month ago they were both on my deck shooting the L2 and i was surprised at how much quieter it sounded, simply because i wasn’t the one with the magazine up by my ear.

However, without a moderator (i.e. just the bare barrel with out even the factory mod) it is very loud. It sounds like I fired my one of my .22LR rifles (say a Ruger 10/22 or a Savage Mk II) without any hearing protection on. With the Mod40 its quieter than any firearm I have, except maybe the Savage .22LR with a suppressor on it. Certainly it is quieter than any of my centerfire rifles even when they are suppressed. The crack from a .223 or .308 going supersonic is much louder, even suppressed.

With the Mod40 the L2 is quite OK. I even shoot it in my basement at 15 yards and the “thwack” of the .30 cal pellet hitting the target/backstop is the loudest thing. The real test is that I don’t get any complaints from my wife, and she’s NOT a fan of the whole gun thing 😎

Hope this helps.

Chris

I have found my L2 350mm .30 with Huma 50 on it to be pretty backyard friendly shooting at 150 bar at 840FPS. Pretty accurate and not terrible sound wise. Remember it is louder at your ear then 10 feet away because of how they are built. Huben and LCS has the same issue; the LCS is especially loud. Your neighbors probably don't really hear much as you might think. Now you crank up the REPR on the L2 and shoot 170-180 BAR you will get a good bark from it. If you need more than 150 on the REPR it means you need a longer barrel. 

I have my L2 set up with a .30 600mm FX barrel, and my REPR reg is set to 175. (It also has a 480cc Carbon fiber bottle). Currently I am pushing JSB 50.2 grain pellets at an average of 923 FPS, giving 94.9 FPE. For this power level I use an Huma Mod40 with one of the three center modules removed. In other words, I use a 4 part Mod40 as opposed to the 5 part Mod40 I used originally. I find this to be both backyard and indoor friendly. The primary reason for using the 4 part setup as opposed to the original 5 part Huma was simply to bring the length down a bit. Right now its the same lOver ALL Length as my FX Crown with a 500mm barrel plus moderator.

E238A704-BDD1-4702-8C31-3124B103EF73.1649372124.jpeg

Wow Chris that is a heavy duty tune for the little leshiy. Thank you for sharing that moderator trick. I will give that a try on my mod 40. I know the REPR regs are supposed to go high, but mine just feels off when I am running my reg that high. I do get some spread/deviation suffering like, 1 shot out of 8 will be almost 100 FPS slower, rest of the shots pretty close. The rifle just feels like its not smooth if that makes sense and the bark gets quiet a bit higher from the back of the gun, not so much the front. Granted nothing is broken in yet and probably will settle some soon. I was just working the reg up to 190 to see potential speeds but noticed this feeling after 165 bar. I am not trying to push so much weight though as you. That’s a pretty serious semi auto backpacker with that 50gr 30. 

Coyotegod, it is a pretty heavy duty tune, no question. However the rifle feels really good. I did put in two small (I don’t remember exactly which ones, either.2 or .1 mm) jets in it. In addition, I simply added the REPR unit to an original L2, so the length of pull is a little longer. This helped with fitting the 480cc bottle, but it also gives a bigger plenum volume. I know they say that this shouldn’t matter with the REPR, but it there is any benefit it was a gimme, since I didn’t have an alternative.

I actually get a good ES. This is the comparison chart I have between my three .30 cal airguns (HW is Hammer Wheel, MW is Micro for the M3, ES is extreme spread and SD is Standard Deviation)

HW MW High Low Avg FPE ES SD

FX Impact M3 16 5 935 926 929 96.2 1.0% 2.5 [03/12/22]

Leshiy 2 600mm 928 919 923 94.9 1.0% 2.2 [01/26/22]

FX Crown Mk2 Max 916 912 914 93.0 0.4% 1.7 [06/18/21]

As you can see, the Leshiy 2 is right in there with the others. I must say it is very cool to walk around and rip off 8 quick shots at .22LR level power with an airgun. I also never take the mag out. I just open the action, take off the magnet and use my speedloader!

Chris

@ChrisIs, What size jets are you running? I switched the jets on the .30 to two .1’s and have the L2 REPR set at 140. With the 450mm barrel and the MOD40 with 4 parts getting 865fps with the 50.2grain JSB pellets. I have the 600mm barrel as well but for carrying I prefer the slightly shorter 450mm.

ram2jeep, I have two .1 jets on mine.

No question that the 600mm barrel is a bit long, but again, overall it is no longer than my FX Crown Mk2 with a 500mm barrel. I just love the power that i get from it and the accuracy with the FXbarrel is simply outstanding. Better in my opinion than i was getting from the 350mm original.

I have the adapter for the .25 and my 600mm barrel but just haven’t tried the combination yet. Once we get a little warmer I will try the FX barrel with the Leshiy; glad it’s working for you.

I have a .30 600mm barrel kit from FX sitting in the case and your making me want to try it versus the .30 600mm LW barrel for my Leshiy. Do you have the 600mm Leshiy barrel and did a accuracy comparison? 

L2 back yard friendly:

.22, 100 BAR, 250mm barrel, 250 moderator with short STO insert.

.30, 130 BAR, 250mm barrel, 350 moderator with long STO insert.

Just curious what kind of FPS you see with that .22 250mm @ 100 BAR.

780-785 FPS w/18.13gr Exact or about 24.5 FT Lbs. Plenty to drop the little guys and very, very quiet with the STO insert.

Interesting. I received 250 mm .22 L2 set to 110 BAR and I want to say it was shooting ~ mid 740s with 18.1 JSBs. 

@ChRiSiS, I actually have the .30 adapter from Huma and think tomorrow may be the day to install it on my 600mm .30 FX barrel. The weather here is changing like I change my clothes but by Thursday we should be back in the lower 60’s and give me a chance to head to the range and do a comparison between the LW Leshiy barrel and the FX barrel. Won’t change anything else and see how the 50.2gr JSB’s do as well as the Hades. 
The FX barrel also is the heavy liner so I’ll be able to try some slugs as well.