Leshiy 2 or FX M3 Compact in .22?

Both great options. The leshiy 2 is going to be much more compact and light if that’s what you’re looking for, but the impact will be able to become much more powerful with the mods available. They both have great aftermarket support, and are both fairly easy to tune with the impact taking the slight lead in that department with “on the fly” tuning. 

I don't own either, but I like to gather information

Both

• Equally powerful 
  • Interchangeable calibers
  • Tunable

FX M3

• Many dealers 
  • Service center 
  • High capacity magazine
  • More accurate
  • Better accessories for bench shooting
  • Greater shot count - all configurations 
  • Quieter
  • Externally adjustable features
  • Can be as finicky as a teenage girl in puberty 

EDgun Leshiy 2

• More compact
  • More AR like feeling 
  • Small capacity magazine 
  • Internally adjustable features
  • Single dealer, importer, service person 
  • Arguable the coolest semi-auto ever created 
  • Durability like a Russian tank

PK

Reactions: armored007
My M3 Compact (.22) is a little ground squirrel killing machine. In my opinion & in my hands, and for my current purposes, the Compact is the very best configuration of the Impact line. I can hit everything I aim at within about 45 yards. When I've tried to use standard or sniper model Impacts for longer range target work, they just don't seem to shoot as accurately for me as the Compact does.

I enjoy the easy tuning of the Impacts, even though I normally tune for one projectile and leave it alone. While I had mine originally tuned for 18.13's, I was recently able to purchase a little stockpile of Hades. So I quickly re-tuned it for the lighter weight Hades (which also really don't like to fly as fast and keep their accuracy), and it was a cinch to do.

I also appreciate that with the 500mm barrel, the Impact Compact in .22 cal is very quiet - so much so that I don't need to use any additional moderator which keeps the overall weight and length of the gun lower.

All of my Edgun experiences are with my fairly recently acquired Leshiy Classic, and I have never handled nor shot a Leshiy 2. But my overall impressions of Edguns are that they are incredibly well thought-out and designed, are quite tough and are manufactured beautifully with very high quality materials.

Tough first world choice you have there. For me my .22 cal M3 Compact would be one of the last guns which would ever leave my collection.

IMG_1931.1626909645.JPG

My M3 Compact (.22) is a little ground squirrel killing machine. In my opinion & in my hands, and for my current purposes, the Compact is the very best configuration of the Impact line. I can hit everything I aim at within about 45 yards. When I've tried to use standard or sniper model Impacts for longer range target work, they just don't seem to shoot as accurately for me as the Compact does.

I enjoy the easy tuning of the Impacts, even though I normally tune for one projectile and leave it alone. While I had mine originally tuned for 18.13's, I was recently able to purchase a little stockpile of Hades. So I quickly re-tuned it for the lighter weight Hades (which also really don't like to fly as fast and keep their accuracy), and it was a cinch to do.

I also appreciate that with the 500mm barrel, the Impact Compact in .22 cal is very quiet - so much so that I don't need to use any additional moderator which keeps the overall weight and length of the gun lower.

All of my Edgun experiences are with my fairly recently acquired Leshiy Classic, and I have never handled nor shot a Leshiy 2. But my overall impressions of Edguns are that they are incredibly well thought-out and designed, are quite tough and are manufactured beautifully with very high quality materials.

Tough first world choice you have there. For me my .22 cal M3 Compact would be one of the last guns which would ever leave my collection.

IMG_1931.1626909645.JPG

thanks for info, i left you a +1, for the FX i read some say the power plenum is a gimmick, your thoughts on that and how is having 3 gauges too?

Finicky? A bold statement for someone that doesn't own one, haha. (I wouldn't believe all the guys out there that constantly tear down a big name) Mine has been a laser since the day I got it. You can even see my post earlier today about lower-speed tunes for small pests at close range. . I spent most of today actually setting up 2 different tunes on my .30 cal. With the macro/micro adjuster, I can't believe how quickly I can get my gun shooting like a laser at 100+ yards with high power and still on target with little less power at 25-30 yards. 

Other than that, I would agree with the list he wrote (except finicky) and from personal experience, the tech service team has helped me get my gun running whenever I have made a mistake or thought I messed something up. You have many dealers to choose from, Laser beam accuracy, a lot of accessories coming out ( check out their preview on Youtube), Quiet, and like I said earlier, that micro/macro adjustment makes fine-tuning quick and easy. 

Finicky? A bold statement for someone that doesn't own one, haha. (I wouldn't believe all the guys out there that constantly tear down a big name) Mine has been a laser since the day I got it. You can even see my post earlier today about lower-speed tunes for small pests at close range. . I spent most of today actually setting up 2 different tunes on my .30 cal. With the macro/micro adjuster, I can't believe how quickly I can get my gun shooting like a laser at 100+ yards with high power and still on target with little less power at 25-30 yards. 

Other than that, I would agree with the list he wrote (except finicky) and from personal experience, the tech service team has helped me get my gun running whenever I have made a mistake or thought I messed something up. You have many dealers to choose from, Laser beam accuracy, a lot of accessories coming out ( check out their preview on Youtube), Quiet, and like I said earlier, that micro/macro adjustment makes fine-tuning quick and easy.

I own a MK2 and an M3... They are absolutely finicky, especially when compared to all other guns. I assume since this guy don't own one, hes not talking from his own experience but relaying what he reads from this forum. Id say hes right.

But to answer OP's question. My vote is for the M3. I also own a Leshiy Classic (with 2 barrels) which i think makes a perfect combo. I've never shot the Leshiy 2 though. I just dont care too much for semi-auto. If you're into tuning for different projectiles, then id go with the M3.

To answer your other question, I don't think the larger PP on the M3 is a gimmick. I noticed I can run the PP reg about 30-40 bar lower to achieve the same speeds (all else remaining equal) as my MK2 with PP.

thanks for info, i left you a +1, for the FX i read some say the power plenum is a gimmick, your thoughts on that and how is having 3 gauges too?

Well, I haven't even tried to tune this gun for power. With the 18.13's pretty much out of the box it was making 31 FPE and was really accurate with a nice smooth shot cycle. And that is with Reg#2 down at ~85 bar. And I like accurate and smooth.

So I really don't care that the Compact model has just the 'little' 300cc bottle - I still get tons of shots mainly because the PP allows me to get the power I need/want, and shoot all the way down to 85 bar if I want to. I find that when I am away from my home range, and not near my main compressor, I can still take the Compact up to the big range and use it for plinking in the morning and ground squirreling in the afternoon. Lasts me the whole day without having to top off.

As far as the 3 gauges - yeah, that's O.K. Really only 2.5 (the bottle gauge is more of an 'indicator' than a gauge). After watching Steve's latest video on tuning the 2 regs on the Maverick, however, I may have come to appreciate having the 2 good regulator gauges on the M3. 

I haven't found the need to fiddle much with fine hammer spring tuning on this gun - maybe I got lucky with the mostly factory settings or maybe my needs aren't too 'critical.' But the Micro adjuster on the M3 sure beats pulling out the little hex key like necessary sometimes for the MkII.

The MkII Impact Compact is a fabulous gun - I also had one of those until recently. The M3 is a little better.

I own a MK2 and an M3... They are absolutely finicky, especially when compared to all other guns. I assume since this guy don't own one, hes not talking from his own experience but relaying what he reads from this forum. Id say hes right.

I absolutely do have one lol it's on my porch in my profile pic. IDK what you do to yours but mines be pretty rock solid. once I got my tune at 900 FPS its been spot on never had to touch the tuning again. (Except when I decided to try and go for low power and keep accuracy) I stick with the same grain FX pellets and dont have issues. 

I have both a L2 and an Impact M3 (as well as an Impact MK2). They are quite different, but both are great at what they do. The semi automatic feature is, in my opinion, the real key to the Leshiy 2. It is not the tack driver that the Impact is. Some of that is down to the trigger, and some down to the nature of the platform. The Leshiy 2 trigger is not by any means a Target" trigger. It is relatively heavy, and much more like a combat trigger on an AR15 or on say, a Glock, than that of the Impact. On the other hand, it is really great to bang of two or three shots in fairly rapid succession at a target, be it a tin can, bullseye, or a squirrel/rabbit if that's your thing. While it can be shot quite accurately, it takes work and I doubt that it would ever outshoot my Impact (at least in my hands) at any distance beyond 25 yards.

My L2 has a 350mm barrel, so there is no way it is going to compete in power terms with either the Impact MK2 or M3 with barrels ranging from 500mm up to 700mm. You can get a 600mm barrel for the L2 (and I plan to get one in .30) but then you really no longer have a very compact gun.

My Impacts started out as "Sniper" models, which I converted to Compacts through the use of 500mm barrels. Thus I have the 480cc bottle on the Compact MK2, and the M3 actually has a 580cc barrel (I haven't made this into a compact frmat yet). I absolutely LOVE the extra shot count that I get with the big bottle on the Impact. I did buy a 300cc bttle for my L2 to help the shot count. Its much better now than with just the air tube, but it still doesn't come close to the Impact. However the biggest downside to the L2 in my opinion is the fact that the mags hold only 8 rounds. Thus you really need to have a lot more mags than the two which came the gun. I currently have 5 in total, and will probably get at least one more, since I want to be able to shoot the gun down to the reg. set point before I have to start reloading mags. The Impact, with those big (28 rounds in .22) is really a joy in that regard. There is also no question that the Impact is the easier one on which to adjust the tune/power. However the ultimate tunability of the L2 is quite high, and maybe just as high even if not as easy.

I should also point out that the L2 is quite loud. A suppressor is a must, especially in any caliber over .22 I purchased the Valkyrie Akula Mod 40 kit, and it made a world of difference. I can now shoot the gun in my backyard or basement without wondering if anyone else is hearing the noise. By the way, do NOT shoot your L2 indoors withoput the suppressor on. It's loud! Like almost .22LR loud. My ears hurt after I tried that out.

Finally I would say that, with the extra magazines, 300cc bottle, and Valkyrie kit (or any similar setup for an external moderator) the Leshiy 2 ends up being quite a bit more expensive.

By the way, there is really no NEED to change the tune of either gun if it came to you set up correctly. Both my Impacts came from Ken Hicks at SPAW and were set up perfectly. The MK2 I have played around with a bit, the M3 I haven't touched, apart from adjusting the Power Wheel and Hammer Spring/micro adjuster a few click either way to see what the effect was. My Leshiy 2 came perfectly set up by Brian at Edgun West. I've changed the handguard and suppressor, added the 300cc bottle, but really see no need to change the tune so far.

Now, all this sound like I prefer my Impact and maybe as if I don't like my L2. Not so. I wouldn't give up either of them. I am just trying to give an objective view of what I see as key differences and downsides. If the Impact were also semi-automatic then this would be an easy choice, but it isn't. It's a very different gun. I love them both, and you will love either one you get.

Chris

Here's what the L2 looked like originally:

IMG_2834.1626921275.jpg

Here's what it looks like now:

IMG_2845.1626921300.jpg

And here's the M3

IMG_2859.1626921324.jpg

Some really great informative stuff here. These are completely different guns and you really should own both someday for two very different shooting experiences. Maybe that should be your goal? Don't choose between the two get them both. It's a great little collection. Which one first? Get the one you can wait the least for. 

I am a big fan of having an experience with an airgun. It's not just the caliber, but how you hold and shoot it and what the gun does for you and the way it's engineered. Trying different platforms is a really great way to really enjoy the hobby.

Some really great informative stuff here. These are completely different guns and you really should own both someday for two very different shooting experiences. Maybe that should be your goal? Don't choose between the two get them both. It's a great little collection. Which one first? Get the one you can wait the least for. 

I am a big fan of having an experience with an airgun. It's not just the caliber, but how you hold and shoot it and what the gun does for you and the way it's engineered. Trying different platforms is a really great way to really enjoy the hobby.

+1

Okay before I get productive prepping for my interview with Google next week, I have to chime in being a former owner of both a L2 and MKII Compact. I agree that L2 and Impact C are completely different creatures, in some ways.

The L2 was built for purpose, to be a hunter, the Impact not so much. Just putting a short barrel on it doesn’t make it a gun designed to be compact, the L2 is. Not to confuse things, but if you want a compact adaptable gun, which is also getting amazing reviews, is the RTI Prophet Performance Compact, my next purchase. You can say the RTI PPC was designed to be an actual compact gun, where the M3 Impact Compact isn’t other than the short barrel, which makes really doesn’t make it a compact gun.

As pretty much every one said, what you choose depends on what you want. Here forward as I rebuild my airgun collection I am going “built for purpose” vs “versatility”. Like most say, once you get the sucker dialed in DON’T MESS WITH IT!

I absolutely do have one lol it's on my porch in my profile pic. IDK what you do to yours but mines be pretty rock solid. once I got my tune at 900 FPS its been spot on never had to touch the tuning again. (Except when I decided to try and go for low power and keep accuracy) I stick with the same grain FX pellets and dont have issues.

There is definitely the set-it and forget-it approach to the impact. Works great if you shoot the same pellets with the same caliber. But if you have multiple barrel lengths and trying to shoot slugs and pellets in those various calibers, it gets finicky quick. BUT, no other gun allows such versatility as the impact, being able to go from compact to sniper and in any caliber you want. So it has to be decently tinker-able in order to turn it into any gun you want. So really, it should be a big plus for the impact. 

And I know you have one, I was referring to the guy you were replying to who originally said it was finicky and admitted he didn't own one.

I have both a L2 and an Impact M3 (as well as an Impact MK2). They are quite different, but both are great at what they do. The semi automatic feature is, in my opinion, the real key to the Leshiy 2. It is not the tack driver that the Impact is. Some of that is down to the trigger, and some down to the nature of the platform. The Leshiy 2 trigger is not by any means a Target" trigger. It is relatively heavy, and much more like a combat trigger on an AR15 or on say, a Glock, than that of the Impact. On the other hand, it is really great to bang of two or three shots in fairly rapid succession at a target, be it a tin can, bullseye, or a squirrel/rabbit if that's your thing. While it can be shot quite accurately, it takes work and I doubt that it would ever outshoot my Impact (at least in my hands) at any distance beyond 25 yards.

My L2 has a 350mm barrel, so there is no way it is going to compete in power terms with either the Impact MK2 or M3 with barrels ranging from 500mm up to 700mm. You can get a 600mm barrel for the L2 (and I plan to get one in .30) but then you really no longer have a very compact gun.

My Impacts started out as "Sniper" models, which I converted to Compacts through the use of 500mm barrels. Thus I have the 480cc bottle on the Compact MK2, and the M3 actually has a 580cc barrel (I haven't made this into a compact frmat yet). I absolutely LOVE the extra shot count that I get with the big bottle on the Impact. I did buy a 300cc bttle for my L2 to help the shot count. Its much better now than with just the air tube, but it still doesn't come close to the Impact. However the biggest downside to the L2 in my opinion is the fact that the mags hold only 8 rounds. Thus you really need to have a lot more mags than the two which came the gun. I currently have 5 in total, and will probably get at least one more, since I want to be able to shoot the gun down to the reg. set point before I have to start reloading mags. The Impact, with those big (28 rounds in .22) is really a joy in that regard. There is also no question that the Impact is the easier one on which to adjust the tune/power. However the ultimate tunability of the L2 is quite high, and maybe just as high even if not as easy.

I should also point out that the L2 is quite loud. A suppressor is a must, especially in any caliber over .22 I purchased the Valkyrie Akula Mod 40 kit, and it made a world of difference. I can now shoot the gun in my backyard or basement without wondering if anyone else is hearing the noise. By the way, do NOT shoot your L2 indoors withoput the suppressor on. It's loud! Like almost .22LR loud. My ears hurt after I tried that out.

Finally I would say that, with the extra magazines, 300cc bottle, and Valkyrie kit (or any similar setup for an external moderator) the Leshiy 2 ends up being quite a bit more expensive.

By the way, there is really no NEED to change the tune of either gun if it came to you set up correctly. Both my Impacts came from Ken Hicks at SPAW and were set up perfectly. The MK2 I have played around with a bit, the M3 I haven't touched, apart from adjusting the Power Wheel and Hammer Spring/micro adjuster a few click either way to see what the effect was. My Leshiy 2 came perfectly set up by Brian at Edgun West. I've changed the handguard and suppressor, added the 300cc bottle, but really see no need to change the tune so far.

Now, all this sound like I prefer my Impact and maybe as if I don't like my L2. Not so. I wouldn't give up either of them. I am just trying to give an objective view of what I see as key differences and downsides. If the Impact were also semi-automatic then this would be an easy choice, but it isn't. It's a very different gun. I love them both, and you will love either one you get.

Chris

Here's what the L2 looked like originally:

IMG_2834.1626921275.jpg

Here's what it looks like now:

IMG_2845.1626921300.jpg

And here's the M3

IMG_2859.1626921324.jpg

Very nice! I just saw you have the updated grip on the L2. I've long been an AR15 fan with SBR and suppressors. This world is so new to me and interesting.

Armored007

“Very nice! I just saw you have the updated grip on the L2. I've long been an AR15 fan with SBR and suppressors. This world is so new to me and interesting.”

Yes, My L2 is pretty new (3 weeks or so) and comes with the angled grip. Any AR15 grip will fit. Interestingly, I have changed the grips on my Impacts (M3 and MK2) to Anarchy Outdoors vertical grips. I find them better for precision work. I’m probably gonna try one on the L@ just to see, but I really love the red grips on the L2 😂

I’m a suppressor fan on my AR15s as well!

Chris