Leshiy 2 not indexing

Was this a situation where your L2 was indexing OK then suddenly stopped? Or did you change something (like swapping the barrel to another caliber)?

Asking because I just experienced a similar situation when I swapped the 0.25 and 0.177 barrels between my two L2's. The action that originally held the 0.25 barrel/mag indexed it perfectly but would not fully index two or three times per magazine with the 0.177 setup. I checked the barrel alignment and the other things you mentioned...turns out the issue was the grub screw that adjust the resistance on the rod that extends from the magazine into the action.

In my case, the newer 0.177 magazines are now plastic and not aluminum like the earlier batches so they're lighter than the older magazines. Apparently this affects how they index so on every 3rd or 4th shot with the 0.177 magazine, it would not fully rotate to the next slot. It would rotate MOST of the way, but when you fire the next shot, the pellet wasn't fully aligned with the barrel so it would misfire and jam the pellet against the end of the barrel.

What I had to do was lessen the resistance that the grub screw was putting on the magazine rod and that resolved it. To do this, there is a silver ring just in front of the magazine that has two set/grub screws in it - one on top for the tension adjustment and one on the left side that locks down the adjustment screw. First, loosen the one on the left, which will allow you to turn the adjustment screw. I backed that top grub screw out several turns, then tightened the set screw on the left to hold the top screw in place and it's indexing fine now.

Hope this helps; I'll take and post a picture of the screws in question when I get in front of my L2 tonight.

BTW, I can't take credit for solving this - it was yet another instance where @jack.k helped me out...

Edit: adding pic below

20210907_163200.1631057639_LI.1631057846.jpg

Loosen the set screw on the left (blue arrow), back out the top set screw on top (green arrow) to lessen resistance on magazine rod and then retighten screw on left side to lock down the top adjustment screw. 

Was this a situation where your L2 was indexing OK then suddenly stopped? Or did you change something (like swapping the barrel to another caliber)?

Asking because I just experienced a similar situation when I swapped the 0.25 and 0.177 barrels between my two L2's. The action that originally held the 0.25 barrel/mag indexed it perfectly but would not fully index two or three times per magazine with the 0.177 setup. I checked the barrel alignment and the other things you mentioned...turns out the issue was the grub screw that adjust the resistance on the rod that extends from the magazine into the action.

In my case, the newer 0.177 magazines are now plastic and not aluminum like the earlier batches so they're lighter than the older magazines. Apparently this affects how they index so on every 3rd or 4th shot with the 0.177 magazine, it would not fully rotate to the next slot. It would rotate MOST of the way, but when you fire the next shot, the pellet wasn't fully aligned with the barrel so it would misfire and jam the pellet against the end of the barrel.

What I had to do was lessen the resistance that the grub screw was putting on the magazine rod and that resolved it. To do this, there is a silver ring just in front of the magazine that has two set/grub screws in it - one on top for the tension adjustment and one on the left side that locks down the adjustment screw. First, loosen the one on the left, which will allow you to turn the adjustment screw. I backed that top grub screw out several turns, then tightened the set screw on the left to hold the top screw in place and it's indexing fine now.

Hope this helps; I'll take and post a picture of the screws in question when I get in front of my L2 tonight.

BTW, I can't take credit for solving this - it was yet another instance where @jack.k helped me out...

Edit: adding pic below

20210907_163200.1631057639_LI.1631057846.jpg

Loosen the set screw on the left (blue arrow), back out the top set screw on top (green arrow) to lessen resistance on magazine rod and then retighten screw on left side to lock down the top adjustment screw.

Please tell me the plastic magazines aren't still $90?

My indexing issues ended up being the small wheel the magazine rides as it indexes, attached to the spring. It was slightly flat spotted from a barrel removal, the C clip can gauge it. I followed that video over and over, I couldn't feel any imperfection on that wheel with my finger while it was attached. Exhausting my troubleshooting I finally removed it it, while rolling on a flat surface the flat spot became readily apparent. It was subtle, this is a precise interaction. I was able to resolve by spinning on a fine grit sandpaper till true again. 

Your mileage may vary, but if you haven't scrutinized that little wheel I'd take another look. 

j

yennieden, I actually backed that grub screw out almost all the way and fired it. If anything it should have possibly over rotated, but it still advanced only half way. To be clear, I followed the repair video step by step and tried all of them, including opening the valve and checking the ball bearing and ceramic ball. Talked to Brian, hes visiting Russia, I will start the process over and see what happens. Thanks for everyone's input!

I wouldn't think so . . . but you tell me if you see any magazines listed for less than $90 . . .

The price for the magazines didn't change for the dealers as well as retail price. It is the same as for the allum magazines, since making them cost the same to me.

I wouldn't think so . . . but you tell me if you see any magazines listed for less than $90 . . .

The price for the magazines didn't change for the dealers as well as retail price. It is the same as for the allum magazines, since making them cost the same to me.

Lol..

I'm not being a dick but i guess i need to look into buying my aluminum for my machine shop from Russia since it cost the same as plastic over there....

The price of aluminum vs the price of the plastics used I would imagine are close to the same if not more for plastic. Ever priced out a length of PEEK rod , price per pound would be close to the price of silver for the PEEK. I’m willing to bet Ed is not sourcing his plastic from a Tupperware factory. I do agree that the price of the magazines are up there, simple solution …… don’t buy them. The nice part , plastic or aluminum there are no springs , covers , detents or other fiddly parts go wrong with them. 

The price of aluminum vs the price of the plastics used I would imagine are close to the same if not more for plastic. Ever priced out a length of PEEK rod , price per pound would be close to the price of silver for the PEEK. I’m willing to bet Ed is not sourcing his plastic from a Tupperware factory. I do agree that the price of the magazines are up there, simple solution …… don’t buy them. The nice part , plastic or aluminum there are no springs , covers , detents or other fiddly parts go wrong with them.

However it's not nice when the gun isn't cycling the mag like the OP mentions with the indexing having some fiddly parts of its own.

However it's not nice when the gun isn't cycling the mag like the OP mentions with the indexing having some fiddly parts of its own.

I completely agree Nathan. There are a few exposed bits that I would like to see made of steel . Hope he gets this sorted out as I’m suspecting this may occur in more than one rifle.