• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Leshiy 2, Huben, and LCS ....

I recently sold a Marauder SAM , fun gun .

I still have an itch for a semi auto / auto pcp. for some reason

Looked and read a ton on the Leshiy 2 , the Huben K1 and the LCS, these are all pretty close in price so not too much to discuss there, so i am looking for replies from 1st hand owners of these to chime in , hell anyone with good , solid , legit info would be great too.

Like I said I have read quite a bit , watched some vids , etc but it's hard to beat 1st hand experience .

Overall Build Quality

Parts Failure / Breakage

Trigger overall

Loudness and ability to shut them up

Accuracy 

Thanks guys , appreciate your time !

@bfloyd1095 Being a former and maybe again future owner of a Leshiy 2, I consider it a hunter stalking platform, which is pretty adaptable. The Leshiy 2 in a OEM or similar configuration is a stalker’s gun. The reason I got rid of it was partially financial at the time.

My only experience with the Huben and LCS thirdhand via personal discussions with owners, YouTube and AGN. For the Huben I’ve had several discussions with Alex of Air Rifle Activities, and his and other videos. With the Huben and LCS I put it in a sniper rifles category, and the Leshiy 2 stalker. I would not want to lug around a Huben or a LCS all day.

Plus from a safety stand point I consider the Leshiy 2 safer than the others.

Buddy,

I had the same 'itch' recently, so this arrived Friday afternoon:

IMG_1804.1624201677.JPG

Not too much to talk about yet, but surprisingly quiet in stock form (for a .25 cal putting out 67 FPE at the muzzle), trigger is good, shoots better for me as compared to how I can shoot many other bullpups, functioning has been flawless (but only about 100 or so pellets through it so far), about 40 full power shots per 300 bar fill. Newest (04/2021) build date.

So far I'm getting some flyers when shooting it, perhaps 3-4 per 17-shot magazine, all to the left about 1/2" at 25 yards. I don't know whether it is how I am holding the gun (still trying different holds), or maybe some pellet skirt deformation as I am loading the pellets past the little plastic guide/stop. But my pellets seem to be well held in the magazine (especially after an extra push to seat each one), and Kelly at KRAZ Cool says that I can safely shoot the gun with that part removed, so I removed it.

IMG_1807.1624202174.JPG

Will find out results when I get to shoot it again today. Kelly also says that a difference of just +/-20 FPS can pay big accuracy dividends, so I will also be trying that today. So easy to accomplish with the gun's power wheel. Plus the ES currently being put out by the reg is a little wide, but supposedly the reg takes about 500 shots to settle in.

I'll let you know more as I learn, but so far this gun looks very promising to me. 

SK-19 was also in contention for me but I didn't like what I was reading in the review posts by kendive and some others, and to me full auto would be fun a couple of times, and then just not be used.

Perhaps the newest production of the SK-19's is better - The Huben's didn't start out all that reliable either but apparently have been greatly improved through various generations.

Hello I have an LCS in 22 cal setup to shoot JSB Hades from AOA. I am very happy with it. It has taken many raccoons and squirrels with no problem. The gun has 3000 + rounds threw it maybe even close to 5000 by now I have lost count. The gun is accurate with an Eotech 552 average groups are 3/4 in at 45 yds. This is a hunting gun so only shoot the Hades it may do well with other pellets but have not tried. As for reliability NO issues. I bought this gun to supplement my AR practice (Don't want to burn up all my 223) and in that roll this gun really shines the only 2 things you can not do are malfunction drill (because it doesn't) and reloading drills (fixed mag). 

Pros:

Accurate, reliable, AR ergonomics, high shot count, ok trigger(not the best out there but there are a lot worse),easy to adjust power (if you like that stuff), quiet (sounds a lot louder from the shooters perspective and mechanical sounding)

Cons: 

Barrel cleaning can be tricky at first, fixed mag

It will all come down to what you want out of the gun as an Ar training gun(first and foremost), hunting gun and all around really fun plinking gun, this gun is great. 

Note: I did not really go into the full auto feature. It works great , its really fun, But it burns up a lot of air and ammo. With all the shooting I have done with this gun I maybe have done 5 full mags on full auto. If I had a more open area to shoot desert, farm ,mountains maybe I would use it more, it is fun but at the end of the day accuracy is the real fun.

This has been my experience with the LCS I hope this helps and if you have any questions please ask me Eric

I have two Leshiy 2's, an LCS, and I have owned (and sold) a Steyr ProX. I have no experience with the Huben. The Leshiy is hands-down my favorite,

ProX - I didn't own one for long, it just didn't resonate with me. It was very accurate, but it was not a good bench gun, and really not a good offhand gun, at least compared to the Leshiy 2. I was also a little put off by having to "wind up" the magazine. Not a big deal, just something I didn't care for.

LCS - I'm a fan. The LCS is very accurate. Hard to say if the Steyr or the LCS was more accurate, but it's close - there's not a clear winner. Lots of people gripe about the trigger, but I didn't mind it. It's different, but not at all bad. To me "bad" is creepy or heavy and it's neither. It takes about two shots to get used to. Mine was a leaker when I got it, was fixed by AoA, and is now a leaker again (this second time is my fault, left the loading lever up and fired...). My only gripe would be the ergonomics. It's just not the greatest gun to carry around or shoot from jackass positions. Oh, and the fixed magazine. It would be ****so*** much better if the magazine was removable.

Leshiy 2 - I love these guns! They are very accurate, though not as accurate as the Steyr or LCS (at least in factory 250mm & 350mm trim). Let me repeat - they are very accurate. Don't let the comparison make you think they don't shoot well - they do! They're reliable (moreso than the LCS), and more compact than either of the other two. In .25 or .22 they are awesome hunters! 

The L2 are my hands-down favorites, but if I were benchresting, the LCS might be. The Steyr is great, it just doesn't fit the bill for me, hopefully it does for its present owner.

GsT

I have over 3000 rds thru my huben and it has be a blast. The gun is small, light, compact and powerful. I have settled on 31.2 nsa's at 930fps with a reg pressure of just below 18mpa. I've adjusted my trigger to 1.5pds and it is quite good for a semi. The gun is alittle jumpy at the high power levels but I've adjusted to its characteristics and the accuracy is getting quite good. I love this gun and customer service from Kelly is second to none. If you order one from Kelly have him adjust the trigger for you it's alittle tricky if you are not used to it. Overall a great all around semi

Would you be able to tell me where Kelly with Huber works

Well, he doesn't work for Huben, but is one of their retailers in the U.S. And he is very knowledgeable about the K1.

His store is here:

https://krazcool.com/

I first contacted him through is web site's 'Contact Us' page at the bottom, and then we had very efficient and effective e-mail contacts throughout my purchase. As well as answering all of my after-purchase questions. He gives his phone contact on his web page if you prefer to talk in person.

I have owned a Huben .22 and now have a .25. 

Pro's: Very powerful (mine's tuned to 95fpe!), fairly light, very, very quiet for the energy output, acurate, semi auto cycles flawlessly if you use the right size pellets/slugs, Kelly has the best customer service you could evere want and knows these guns like the back of his hand. Did I mention it's powerful?

Con's: It's a bull pup trigger and an average one I'd say, barrel cleaning is a drag as the magaxine is fixed

Chas

Buddy,

I've had Huben and own Leshiy 2. Very different guns using very different hamerless valve systems. I'll try to do my best to compare on the list you posted.

Overall Build Quality - This goes to the Leshiy 2 IMO. The Huben is nice but the parts feel a bit more delicate.

Parts Failure / Breakage - No breakages on either so can't speak to that. As it is more tuneable and you likely to mess with it more maybe that puts the Leshiy 2 to be more likely to fail. But I feel both will last a good time. 

Trigger overall - tough one as I don't love either of the triggers. The L2 trigger, all the weight comes from actually pushing the tiny valve open so there is set point of let off. If you don't mind that heavier trigger you'll get used to it. Edge has to go to the Huben as it's a little more tuneable and has a pretty distinct break.

Loudness and ability to shut them up - Huben is the clear winner here. The L2 is loud as F and takes a lot to bring it down to a level that isn't very backyard friendly if you have close neighbors. The Huben is very quiet for the power it can put out. 

Accuracy - gonna have to go to the Huben here and it's only due to the trigger on the Huben. The Huben has a very short lock time because the trigger has a distinct point of release. I feel the lock time on the L2 is a bit variable on how you squeeze the trigger. 

My summary would be to ask the question on your goals with the semi. I sold my Huben because I rarely shoot further than 50 yards and I really felt the Huben would shine at 50-100 yards +. I enjoy the L2 because I can go between calibers and setups as I please.

Buddy,

I've had Huben and own Leshiy 2. Very different guns using very different hamerless valve systems. I'll try to do my best to compare on the list you posted.

Overall Build Quality - This goes to the Leshiy 2 IMO. The Huben is nice but the parts feel a bit more delicate.

Parts Failure / Breakage - No breakages on either so can't speak to that. As it is more tuneable and you likely to mess with it more maybe that puts the Leshiy 2 to be more likely to fail. But I feel both will last a good time. 

Trigger overall - tough one as I don't love either of the triggers. The L2 trigger, all the weight comes from actually pushing the tiny valve open so there is set point of let off. If you don't mind that heavier trigger you'll get used to it. Edge has to go to the Huben as it's a little more tuneable and has a pretty distinct break.

Loudness and ability to shut them up - Huben is the clear winner here. The L2 is loud as F and takes a lot to bring it down to a level that isn't very backyard friendly if you have close neighbors. The Huben is very quiet for the power it can put out. 

Accuracy - gonna have to go to the Huben here and it's only due to the trigger on the Huben. The Huben has a very short lock time because the trigger has a distinct point of release. I feel the lock time on the L2 is a bit variable on how you squeeze the trigger. 

My summary would be to ask the question on your goals with the semi. I sold my Huben because I rarely shoot further than 50 yards and I really felt the Huben would shine at 50-100 yards +. I enjoy the L2 because I can go between calibers and setups as I please.

I’m really torn here. I’ve pretty much decided to postpone the purchase of a Steyr Pro X simply because $3200 is just more than i want to spend on yet another toy! But I’ve really started looking hard at the Leshiy 2 and Huben K1 after messaging back and forth with Sean (CTshooter). I suspect it’s gonna come down to availability and which of Edgun West and Krazcool gets back to me. 

I love the idea of being able to play around with caliber and barrel length changes. On the other hand, I don’t need something too loud. Sigh…..

Chris

I got a huben k1 from Kelly earlier this year. I am lucky enough to be able to go meet him for the sale, where he also let me test loading and shooting. He's also been very responsive to all my after purchase questions and is a real pleasure to work with.

To me, the k1 is a super solid gun. Mine in .22 can go from 32fpe to 50fpe just by changing pellets and not any tuning. The balanced valve is amazing. When I discovered how powerful these were, I was planning to put a donnyFL on the end. I found that I didn't need it at all, to shoot it in my backyard. The impact of a 25gr pellets at 900fps is far louder than the discharge.

My only disappointment is the trigger which, while not bad, doesn't compete at all with my taipan...but that is sort of to be expected.

I also had flyers in the first few hundred shots, but those seem to have dried up since the reg is getting broken in. The K1 really does take a few hundred shots before it really gets into its groove.

Here is my personal experience. I own 2 Hubens .22 now. At one time did own 11 Hubens because I bought a Dealer out of them and sold them all. I owned and sold the LCS SK-19 .22. -

LCS SK-19

Pros-

Extremely accurate with pellets.

Easier to load compared to Huben. 4 pellets/slugs @ a time.

Fixed 19 shot mag. 

Cons-

Ergonomics is terrible, must add diff. butt pad.

Trigger is non adjustable and is terrible.

Unable to sling.

Reg. can only be adjusted to max. of 150bar. Min. fps of 650.

Most of them do not like slugs.

Detent for power wheel is light and wheel can be turned accidently.

Huben

Pros-

Extremely accurate with pellets and slugs.

Trigger is adjustable, very nice and predictable for a semi-auto.

Extremely quiet for the power that they produce, do not need an aftermarket device.

Can have a sling installed easily.

Short, compact, and light. Ergonomics is great, like sticking on a glove. 

Reg. can be adjusted from 110-200bar.

Power wheel has a good detent .

Fixed 19 shot mag.

Can easily adjust Reg. and power wheel.

Cons-

Can only load 2 pellets/slugs at a time. 

I have seen some Reg. creep on some models but not all.

Edgun-

No Experience with L2 but have owned several Edguns in past. I refuse to purchase a new Edgun because of bad experience with a new Edgun purchase in the past. 

Thanks for all the input ...

I ended up going with the L2 in .22 caliber , 350mm barrel to start.

should ship out this week so i'll keep you guys posted

Buddy,

Congrats on your incoming L2.

As you already know, I have a K1 and I like it more every time I shoot it.

I was also able to recently purchase a used but next-to-new Leshiy Classic in .22. And I will say that the quality and 'value for money' feeling when I handle and shoot my L1 is truly excellent - more so than I was expecting.

I think that you will enjoy your new gun a lot!