Leshiy 2 explodes

Today I disassembled my leshii 2 made in July 2020. I used the paintball shop service, they have a huge compressor with filters. + my Armotech 6.8l.
happy)

IMG_E2114.JPG

IMG_E2105.JPG

IMG_E2109.JPG

IMG_2115.JPG

Sigh... I gotta say guys, ever since this incident came to light it's been harder for me to enjoy shooting my L2. I can't help but brace for impact every time I pull the trigger. With my other guns I at least have the "comfort" of knowing that my supporting hand is the only thing at risk. And not half my face xD

From the pictures it looks like the rupture happened approximately on the right side of the tube. Assuming the shooter is right-handed, it seems that is what saved them from serious injury. Had that airblast been directed to the other side... god only knows how it would've ended for them.

I really hope this situation gets cleared up soon so I can put my mind at ease. In the meantime I think I'm just gonna stick to shooting my other guns for the most part. It may seem overdramatic to some of you, given that the chances of this happening are slim, but as someone struggling with an anxiety dissorder, this kinda stuff puts me on edge, haha.

Ed asked me to share these photos of a gun I just took in for repair. Leshiys get used and filled a lot;. I have repaired many airguns that look like this.; using a quality compressor and water filter is critical. About 18 months ago, we switched Python Cowboy to nitrogen, and he has had zero issues or leaks since switching to nitrogen. Python Cowboy puts aproxemently 4 thousand rounds a week through his guns as the premier iguana guide in Florida.
View attachment 338193

Is that Topher's? LOL - pretty much what I expect his looked like.

--
Brian, you're a total superstar man - thank you for keeping us shooting and safe!

True corrective actions that I was involved with required the cause to be determined then replicated. Without the replication causes are speculation. ED Gun needs to replicate the failure and it should look similar to the actual incident. The more info you can gather prior to the failure the better to simulate the break.

Last edited:
Reactions: dorcula
Sigh... I gotta say guys, ever since this incident came to light it's been harder for me to enjoy shooting my L2. I can't help but brace for impact every time I pull the trigger. With my other guns I at least have the "comfort" of knowing that my supporting hand is the only thing at risk. And not half my face xD

From the pictures it looks like the rupture happened approximately on the right side of the tube. Assuming the shooter is right-handed, it seems that is what saved them from serious injury. Had that airblast been directed to the other side... god only knows how it would've ended for them.

I really hope this situation gets cleared up soon so I can put my mind at ease. In the meantime I think I'm just gonna stick to shooting my other guns for the most part. It may seem overdramatic to some of you, given that the chances of this happening are slim, but as someone struggling with an anxiety dissorder, this kinda stuff puts me on edge, haha.
I wouldn’t stress too much when you consider the op and weird circumstances. It’s a fake Facebook profile for a start, he then suddenly went quiet from it all. Hole in the tank maybe but I think there’s more holes in this persons story. I would like to know what he said to Francisco when this first happened presumably he contacted him first ?

Oh really? The FB account was fake? I won't draw conclusions, but I definitely have seen people who are weirdly obsessed with trying to undermine the L2 or EdGun as a whole. Someone with a gripe against the company perhaps. I might contact Fransisco to get some more details.
Yes, anyone going by the pseudonym ‘Daft Lad’ doesn’t gain much traction in the credibility stakes. And he made sure to tag Francesco in the original Facebook post. Surely there must have been considerable dialogue before posting in public, I’m curious to know for sure. So I just think it leaves more questions about the real reason behind all this.. so I think it’s best not to stress too much until Ed gets the bits and maybe a bit more background info. But as I’ve said the OP has gone deathly quiet. If that happened to me I’d bend over backwards to give every bit of info to a lot of worried L2 owners

Reactions: SenseiSmash
Yes, anyone going by the pseudonym ‘Daft Lad’ doesn’t gain much traction in the credibility stakes. And he made sure to tag Francesco in the original Facebook post. Surely there must have been considerable dialogue before posting in public, I’m curious to know for sure. So I just think it leaves more questions about the real reason behind all this.. so I think it’s best not to stress too much until Ed gets the bits and maybe a bit more background info. But as I’ve said the OP has gone deathly quiet. If that happened to me I’d bend over backwards to give every bit of info to a lot of worried L2 owners
I'm not sure the guy he tagged was Francisco. Definitely not the Francisco I met anyway.

bonjour, très déçu suite à l’achat d’une EAR.
Après deux utilisations, une fuite dans le détendeur,
Je contacte edgun shop beaucoup plus lentement pour obtenir des retours (1 semaine entre chaque échange) par rapport aux demandes de devis (2 jours maximum)
De là, on me dit de commander deux pièces pour celui-ci à plus de 50€...
Happened to 99% users to bust the oring ;)
There is a process when you turning the adjustment ring on REPR both up or down.
You shall never turn more then 10 minutes at ones !!!
and make couple shots really doesn't matter blank or pellets,
and only then you keep adjusting, and couple shots again...
Hard to explain but the oring need to morph on a piston and the shots releasing the stress.
You will see when you open the REPR first time... learning curve....

Reactions: BlackTitanium
Dang I was fixn to pull the trigger on one of these.
This shouldn't put you off. We will know the truth hopefully when Ed has finished his investigations but there is a high possibility that this was caused by misuse or an accident such as being dropped. All pcp guns need to be treated with respect.