• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Leshiy 2 explodes

I am interested to hear what this is all about too. All this pitting in the band which seals with the o-ring was not evident in the first picture. There's no way the o-ring would seal on that surface - maybe pointing to its location on the tube? Just a thought.

L2Boom2.jpg

Reactions: monstr2
I am not an idiot to test every tube up to 800 bar and then send them to the users :) Every batch of the material we get from the supplier we test. We test some tubes made of the every batch of the material trying to dectroy and then reject those tubes in order they have no chance to be sent to assembling.

That is a very brave statement about the cheap materials! Do you have the exact informatoin about it, the chemical analyzes and so it, or it is just "highly likely" :) Can you prove it or just shaking the air?

Our president Putin says "If grandmother had nuts she would be grandfather..."
As far as I remember carriages were exchanged from cnc machined to some injection typ, trigger assembly was metal instead of plastic etc.

PS. among many virtues your president appears to be a trans gender expert too (y)

Reactions: monstr2
We will find it out after getting the rest of the parts.
The question is why you are the person who is going to perform any analysis? Wouldn't it be fair to make the analysis by an independent institute specialized in such cases in the country where Dave lives? I did it like that when a regulator tester exploded in my hands. The root cause in that case was an improper brass type used to manufacture some parts.

Don't get me wrong but you may be biased. Even if there was an issue on your end - would you announce it to the public given that Dave had a near death experience? One can be rude and claim that you requested the parts to be sent to you so that you can wipe the evidence out.

I am not an idiot to test every tube up to 800 bar and then send them to the users :) Every batch of the material we get from the supplier we test. We test some tubes made of the every batch of the material trying to dectroy and then reject those tubes in order they have no chance to be sent to assembling.
Noone says you are idiot and noone wants you to test EVERY air tube. I asked about a sample from each batch which you should discard after the testing. Do you have any evidence such testing takes place for every batch?

Yup defo 3rd party should perform analyzis why it failed for sake of both parties.. sending it back to manufacturer is like sending evidence back to criminal for analyze. Even manufacturer should want rather have 3rd party to clear his name and no questions asked after.

Please educate me on the reasoning for this statement. I have heard some people suggest a little silicone oil is good for tank interiors. Just want to be clear on this for safety's sake, thanks!
This is one of the very few explosions I have ever seen records of involving air and equipment that is rated and tested for HPA. The link below shows what can happen when oil gets introduced. Pure silicon is not the same as any petroleum based oil.

You guys need to quit arm chair quarterbacking this unfortunate failure and let ED sort it out when the parts come in. I can tell there is more to the story than the dude has communicated. Ed provided stress analysis and FEA info so this is not a fly by night mfg and has been around for a long time in this industry. Bring it down a notch until all the facts are known.

Last edited:
As of FEA - garbage in, garbage out. That is the basic principle of any numerical simulation.

Well, given the current sanctions who knows if there were no issues with the materials used to manufacture the guns? There are many different possibilities including user error. However, do you believe that if it turns out to be a manufacturing error Ed would announce it given he performed the analysis?

Reactions: radjabatak
However, do you believe that if it turns out to be a manufacturing error Ed would announce it given he performed the analysis?
Yes, absolutely. Ed has a reputation to maintain. Assuming there was in fact a manufacturing defect, acknowledging it and taking a proper corrective action to prevent it from happening again would be more beneficial for his reputation than going into full denial mode.

So
Many
Keyboard
Detectives

The question is why you are the person who is going to perform any analysis? Wouldn't it be fair to make the analysis by an independent institute specialized in such cases in the country where Dave lives? I did it like that when a regulator tester exploded in my hands. The root cause in that case was an improper brass type used to manufacture some parts.

Don't get me wrong but you may be biased. Even if there was an issue on your end - would you announce it to the public given that Dave had a near death experience? One can be rude and claim that you requested the parts to be sent to you so that you can wipe the evidence out.

Noone says you are idiot and noone wants you to test EVERY air tube. I asked about a sample from each batch which you should discard after the testing. Do you have any evidence such testing takes place for every batch?
I want to examine it myself. The time now is so strange that nobody believes anybody. I am not want even mention the "investigation" about plane crashed at Ukraine or explouse of the North Stream. Remember, arabs and muslims used to be "bad guys" in Hollywood movies, now we, Russians, take that role :) There are huge numbers of evidances how biass the attitude is when Russian appeares.

In fact I want to make the examine not for making you peace and calm but first of all for me, to find out the real reason of what had happend. In case that is our fault not to allow it to be repeated in the future, in case that is not our fault -- to breath out calmly and understand that we've done everything correctly. That is the only reason I want to make it myself.

As for the point of you believing to something, to give you the proof that I do something or don't do something -- there are no reason for that. You never know what is, exactly happened at ANY enterprise the goods of which you use. That is just the question of the faith not the facts. So, if your faith tells you "that is lie" no matter what eveidance I will provide you with, your faith doesn't allow you to accept it, so why should I do it? I just can claim -- we calculate everything, we test the critical parts according to the way we consider right to test them. We care about the safety of our product since we not just recentely came at this market and have no intention to leave it soon, thus we are the only one, even more than our customers, are interested in the quality and safety of our product.

Yup defo 3rd party should perform analyzis why it failed for sake of both parties.. sending it back to manufacturer is like sending evidence back to criminal for analyze. Even manufacturer should want rather have 3rd party to clear his name and no questions asked after.
I don't' insist, you can believe in anything you want, that is just your faith, not mine. You can believe I am an criminal trying to cover the evidence -- OK, that is your opinion. You can beliver that the third party can be unbiassed -- that is just your faith. In fact -- I have no intention to argue about religion, that is unproductive.

I’m surprised Brian from Edgunwest hasn’t chimed in.
And what Brian can say here more than I do?! Me, the owner of the company, the man first face responsible for everything happening with EDgun reply here, what more you need?! Do you have many examples when the owner of the company contact with you directly without any laying as the sales department, service department and others, who is not responsible for enything? You want me to go that way, giving you somebody to talk, who is not responsbel for anything but able to talk smoothly and be pleasant for you?

Brian is responsible for the USA market, just in case not for UK market.

As of FEA - garbage in, garbage out. That is the basic principle of any numerical simulation.

Well, given the current sanctions who knows if there were no issues with the materials used to manufacture the guns? There are many different possibilities including user error. However, do you believe that if it turns out to be a manufacturing error Ed would announce it given he performed the analysis?
We use Russian made materials, which we always used before and no sanctions influences it, I want to remind you that alluminium was always good in Russia.

Yes, absolutely. Ed has a reputation to maintain. Assuming there was in fact a manufacturing defect, acknowledging it and taking a proper corrective action to prevent it from happening again would be more beneficial for his reputation than going into full denial mode.
You are right, exactly! As I said above I don't care about persuading anybody in the fact I am good. The only thing I care about to make the safe and long running product, that is the only important point for me. All other emotions and so on has zero value for me.

I've always read on here how great Edgun is. How he is a stand up guy. That his guns are bullet proof.
Now we have one incident of unknown origin and we're ready ro lynch him. What a group of fair weather friends. An old saying comes to mind "with friends like you who needs enemies".
Let it play out before we throw a rope over a tree limb!!

You are right, exactly! As I said above I don't care about persuading anybody in the fact I am good. The only thing I care about to make the safe and long running product, that is the only important point for me. All other emotions and so on has zero value for me.
I still firmly believe this tank did not simply blow up under normal use. There is way more that happened here than the op is stating. One photo and a barebones explanation doesn’t make sense, does Francisco have correspondence leading up to or post incident that might shed light on it

Reactions: bigHUN
You never know what is, exactly happened at ANY enterprise the goods of which you use.
Right, but not many devices operate at the pressure of 200 bars+. The truth is noone really cares if everything is fine. But if there is an accident then everyone wants to know if special care was undertaken to manufacture the product.

Do you have many examples when the owner of the company contact with you directly without any laying as the sales department, service department and others, who is not responsible for enything?
Yes. I have an example when Fredrik called the user of his product to bash him as the user was complaining in public about the quality.

Apart from that such a communication between the creator of the product and the users should be natural. I know it is not like that but this is the crazy world we live in.