• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Leshiy 2 explodes

Not to sound cocky .. I'm seeing plain as day a GLARING ISSUE :unsure:
On the Fractured tube at threaded end there is a machined area inboard of threads that the Female spigot area of connections O-Ring rests on when fully screwed together. This places the actual sealing ahead of threads, leaving threads in Shear and not radially exposed to pressure .. as it should be.

Tho picture shows NOT ONLY a Sheared away or damage O-ring groove at the end of the female spigot, BUT AN O-RING at shoulder of where tube butts up when fully screwed on ... WTF !!! Ed's shared drawing shows NO SUCH O-RING at that position :oops:

With the O-ring omitted due to perhaps a previous Fupaw of o-rings groove on end of the spigot, one was placed where tube butts up ? .... This alone places pressure Radially on the threads and would create such a failure IMO.

Reactions: Bernie7
I don't' insist, you can believe in anything you want, that is just your faith, not mine. You can believe I am an criminal trying to cover the evidence -- OK, that is your opinion. You can beliver that the third party can be unbiassed -- that is just your faith. In fact -- I have no intention to argue about religion, that is unproductive.
Lol no one called you criminal its metaphor. You do understand that this whole thing dosent circle around you? Things like this can lead up to legistlating such pressure vessels making this hobby significantly more costly for all parties not to mention possible fatalities or permanent injuries. Things like this can harm this hobby and business way beyond your self centered view.
No matter if failure was user caused, material error, design failure or manufacturing failure we should have ZERO incidents like this and when things like this happen its beneficial for all that we learn from this and make sure nothing like this happen again. If they start to legistlate these pressure vessels there will be automaticly third party doing examination. Lets hope things dont go that far.
What comes to manufacturing and failures due manufacturer there are ZERO acceptable reasons this to occure.
What comes to end users well we cant prevent everything but we can hand out Darwin rewards.

Right, but not many devices operate at the pressure of 200 bars+. The truth is noone really cares if everything is fine. But if there is an accident then everyone wants to know if special care was undertaken to manufacture the product.

Yes. I have an example when Fredrik called the user of his product to bash him as the user was complaining in public about the quality.

Apart from that such a communication between the creator of the product and the users should be natural. I know it is not like that but this is the crazy world we live in.
Everyone wants to know? Are you aware that those, who wants to know everything are able to understand everything? The devices operating with over 200 bar are not the only problem in the modern life, anything around you can be deathly dangerous. Just for the curiousity take the statistics how many people die every year from electricity, you will be surprised...

Don't you think that is a slight difference between Fredrick called the user bashing him and me, trying to explain my point of view? Did I call Dave to bash him? Well, I think maybe you are right, I should follow Fredric's way -- shut anybody's mouth dareing to tell anything against me :) I am jocking, for sure. That is still hobby for me, though I earn money and that is why I like to get in the direct contact with my customers no matter what is happening. I am here, open and ready to any discussion.

Remember I told you once that the more you write the more evidances you give me to catch who you are, no matter what nicknames you take on forum. Style is difficult to hide. How is it going on in Poland nowdays? :)

Despite all the warnings? People still put things in microwave ovens that end up going BOOM!
Despite all the evidence? People still drive and text.
One crazy SOB walks into my Wife's store and takes a machete to the cashier.
Not a peep out of people to blame the microwaves, cell phones, or machetes.
Hell. Your car, no matter the brand, is far more likely to injure or kill you!
Never owned an EdGun and don't like the style but I will not jump on a band wagon to blame them.
To many unknowns at this time.
There was a thing about another Gun brand going BOOM that was never really solved just a few years ago.

Remember I told you once that the more you write the more evidances you give me to catch who you are, no matter what nicknames you take on forum. Style is difficult to hide. How is it going on in Poland nowdays?
Even a child is able to check the country in the profile. If I wanted to hide my country I would use VPN but I do not care and I have nothing to hide. As of Poland - there is a lot of work to help Ukrainians. And guess who stands behind the fact that the civilians from Ukraine seek help.

Despite all the warnings? People still put things in microwave ovens that end up going BOOM!
Despite all the evidence? People still drive and text.
One crazy SOB walks into my Wife's store and takes a machete to the cashier.
Not a peep out of people to blame the microwaves, cell phones, or machetes.
Hell. Your car, no matter the brand, is far more likely to injure or kill you!
Never owned an EdGun and don't like the style but I will not jump on a band wagon to blame them.
To many unknowns at this time.
There was a thing about another Gun brand going BOOM that was never really solved just a few years ago.

By chance, are you talking about the FDPCP? I finally found out that they were able to recover the tube and determine that the parts were out of spec.

I have a leshii 2 since July 2020. A lot of shots, without repair. But this is a "gray story". I think we should send the details to Ed for expertise, for our common safety.

Even a child is able to check the country in the profile. If I wanted to hide my country I would use VPN but I do not care and I have nothing to hide. As of Poland - there is a lot of work to help Ukrainians. And guess who stands behind the fact that the civilians from Ukraine seek help.
Hey!! Keep your political opinions to yourself!

Reactions: OldSpook
I have a leshii 2 since July 2020. A lot of shots, without repair. But this is a "gray story". I think we should send the details to Ed for expertise, for our common safety.

Dont think thats political opinion.. its known fact...

Many possible reasons have been mentioned. Corrosion by water damage? A valid reason if the gun has been filled with moisture by the user. Wrong machining by the manufacture? Can also be an option. Damage to the tube being assembled wrong, with the O-ring at the end? Can probably happen if a end user does not know what he is doing. Damage by falling? Also a likely scenario, where failure could also happen after the damage was done, by for example a previous owner?
No matter the reason, it is nice to see the manufacturer being so straight forward. Think we all are interessted to know what really happened. No matter who made the gun, being honest about finding the real thruth, is benefitial for us all.

Reactions: pan60

You gotta be joking right? People post little passive aggressive political quips all over this forum. Are you calling this one out just cause you don't agree?

Mod edit: Political content removed.
Moderator edit: off topic removed

Edgun appears to be doing their best to get production into civilized countries, and as far as I can tell, their manufacturing and design is quite good. Looking forward to seeing the results of this investigation. I don't feel like I have any reason to distrust the results, at least, not before I see them.

Last edited by a moderator:
The only reason a post gets locked or deleted is because the members do not adhere to the simple rules of Airgun Nation. This is not the place to discuss politics. Airgun Nation is dedicated to the Air Powered Shooting Sports and the community of enthusiasts who participate in the sport. There is no excuse for the off topic political pollution.

This is not the place to discuss politics.

For your Review:

1. Exercise common sense and be considerate towards your fellow users. The diversity of opinion and intelligent civil discourse is encouraged; by the same token: rude, lewd, vulgar, obscene, flaming, baiting, trolling, hateful, threatening, insulting, violent, or slanderous content will not be tolerated. You may challenge others' points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully.
  2. Any member who threatens anyone on the forum, via private message, email, or social media will be banned immediately without notice.
  3. Illegal use, self-defense, or unsafe operation/handling of an airgun (or any product) is prohibited.
  4. Discussion of firearms, firearm parts, or NFA items is prohibited.
  5. Register using only one username. Multiple accounts may result in denial-of-service.
  6. Use good judgment when choosing usernames and avatars.
  7. Do not post off-topic. Please keep your comments consistent with the subject and purpose of the conversation thread. Deliberate disruption, such as consistent off-topic commentary, will not be tolerated.
  8. Do not post the same topic in more than one forum. Pick the most relevant forum for your post.
  9. Religious discussions are not allowed. This site is not for the discussion of one's faith as we feel that is a private matter best left off the forum.
  10. Political discussions are not allowed. We are in a very divisive political climate so be aware of your words. They can and will be used against you, and the shooting community as a whole.
  11. Publicly protesting the Rules or a Moderators decision are frowned upon and may result in your removal from the site.
  12. You will be responsible for your own communications and the consequences of posting or otherwise transmitting those communications. See Conditions of Use below.
  13. Clandestine advertising is not permitted. It is our policy to only allow our partners (sponsored dealers and manufacturers) to have a public voice on AGN. If you are a non-sponsored dealer or manufacturer and you come across something related to your business that is either untrue or against our rules, please use the "Contact us" button at the bottom to discuss addressing it.

Last edited: