Leshiy 2 explodes

How cares ? ..........if they are both capable and safe why the big fuss ?

I would do exactly what Ed does, just ignore,... you want the gun buy it, otherwise move on he has nothing to prove.
Because the OP tube that spectacularly failed was of the square angle type. Regardless of testing since may I remind you we still don’t know why it failed. I don’t need guidance on buying a L2, thanks, I want the answer to a very dumb simple question -why two designs? Now Ed seems so far completely incapable of answering which to me is hardly reassuring. May I further remind you that again, Marko said ideally there should be no sharp edges in a pressure vessel. To be honest I’m sick of asking the same question -but while fan boys and the manufacturer himself only choose to see the ‘emperors new clothes’ it seems to me a valid and simple question is now being deliberately ignored.

Ed has Already posted video of both "types" of tubes being tested to failure. Both met the numbers so the point is moot. Do you call the manufacturers of everything in your house demanding to know that they are exactly the same off the line as the next one or the last one?
Amazing the amount of entitlement floating around here.

Because the OP tube that spectacularly failed was of the square angle type. Regardless of testing since may I remind you we still don’t know why it failed. I don’t need guidance on buying a L2, thanks, I want the answer to a very dumb simple question -why two designs? Now Ed seems so far completely incapable of answering which to me is hardly reassuring. May I further remind you that again, Marko said ideally there should be no sharp edges in a pressure vessel. To be honest I’m sick of asking the same question -but while fan boys and the manufacturer himself only choose to see the ‘emperors new clothes’ it seems to me a valid and simple question is now being deliberately ignored.
Ed already told you there's no sharp edges on either type,...what more do you want ?

Also that spectacular failure, well, well call me sceptic on the tale of it,....very sceptic.

Ed has built 1000s of guns and the only one failure is highly sispicious.

.....I would ignore you too.

It's obvious that the "Entitled" registered here for the sole purpose of posting in this thread. I complement Ed on gracious responses to the barrage of attacks from this entity and the other floaters. What I have learned from this thread is that Ed has true character which instills even more confidence in his products.

Ignore the trolls and their Alinsky tactics, they have no place here.

Ed already told you there's no sharp edges on either type,...what more do you want ?

Also that spectacular failure, well, well call me sceptic on the tale of it,....very sceptic.

Have you even bothered to follow this or are you just blindly in love with the brand? It is a proven fact there are two types of tube so again for the benefit of the hard of understanding here are the tubes sectioned. If you don’t know where the sharp edge is here kindly educate yourself with some basic geometry. Now unless you are ED kindly keep off trolling my question. I ask again why the TWO tube types?

IMG_0190.jpeg

IMG_0191.jpeg

Have you even bothered to follow this or are you just blindly in love with the brand? It is a proven fact there are two types of tube so again for the benefit of the hard of understanding here are the tubes sectioned. If you don’t know where the sharp edge is here kindly educate yourself with some basic geometry. Now unless you are ED kindly keep off trolling my question. I ask again why the TWO tube types?

View attachment 361714

View attachment 361715
Once again there's no sharp edges on either type tube, Ed told you that already the flat tipe had radiused corners....you only go by pictures and not by hands down knowledge and by these pictures the conical one actually has sharper edges :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Never owned an Edgun nor plan to so hardy in love with the brand, just an objective observer with no stake in the game either way.

Yes there's 2 types and again, ....who cares ?

as long as they both perform to specs,...Who cares ?

Once again there's no sharp edges on either type tube, Ed told you that already the flat tipe had radiused corners....you only go by pictures and not by hands down knowledge and by these pictures the conical one actually has sharper edges :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Never owned an Edgun nor plan to so hardy in love with the brand, just an objective observer with no stake in the game either way.

You’re seriously telling me with a straight face this has a radius on the corners? This reminds me … I’m due my annual eye test soon. 👍🏻

IMG_0190.jpeg

Reactions: Hoffman9517
Even Marko pointed out the discrepancy of the pictures. Ed twice. Get off your friggin high horse, stop pretending to be so much smarter than everyone else and move the hell on. How many times does something have to be explained to you before you catch on?
Do you have an L2? Planning on buying one? May I make a suggestion? Just get a red ryder. I'm pretty sure you'll be alot safer.... until you shoot your eye out.

You’re seriously telling me with a straight face this has a radius on the corners? This reminds me … I’m due my annual eye test soon. 👍🏻

View attachment 361733
OK lets get real here,

All your great forensic science comes from that picture ?... Brah, on that picture doesn't even look like the bottom is even staight and it looks all jagged, is that all you got to keep expecting answers to you so called questions ?

Get a tube, do some serious analyzing of it then come back to us, for you to keep coming back when all your evidence is some bad pictures just makes you look like a clown.

So far you got nothing, zero, nada and Ed owes you no time whatsoever, come back with some serious stuff then maybe someone will pay attention to you.

How many paragraphs does it take to answer one simple question, just answer WHY two different TUBE designs ? It’s a simple question Ed.
First of all -- who are you to ask the questions having no knowledge of the topic?! Are you mechanical engineer? Or, maybe you are professional in metals? No way! You, as the rest of those who reapeat the same thing about the 'sharp corner" are just amateour of airgun having no idea of things you are trying to talk about. In this case whatever I say will not be accepted, since you have built your own oppinion already. Whay should I spend my time for that with the know result, besides I've did it many times, but I've told already you and people like you. You are like religion fanatics, logic, figures, prooves means nothing to you, you have your own beliefs that overweights all the facts :)

In shortly I can answer your question -- I just wanted to do that, since I am a creater and I have right to do things the way I want. Is is fair enough answer? :) We ironically answer in Russia such questoins "I am an artist, that's the way I see it!" :)
How cares ? ..........if they are both capable and safe why the big fuss ?

I would do exactly what Ed does, just ignore,... you want the gun buy it, otherwise move on he has nothing to prove.
You are right, to ignore them would be the best policy! But, unfortunately that is like self-sustaining nuclear reaction -- they feed each other with the BS and infect with that BS the others, normal ones. That is the way the mythes are creating. So, I take the efforts to stop spreading that BS, at least in that local segment of the life :)

Are you unable to understand what I write? No "sharp corners" are there! There is a radius of 0.4 mm. Technically impossible to make that corner "sharp" with no radius. Even small radius makes the concetration of the strength completelly different of the "theoretical sharp corner". Test shows that I am right, the destruction of the tube starts in the middle, no in the "corner" at the pressure that match the calculations. That is it! What else do you need? Useless thing to try to pursuade the fanatics of the "flat Earth" that it is sphere :)
Ed has Already posted video of both "types" of tubes being tested to failure. Both met the numbers so the point is moot. Do you call the manufacturers of everything in your house demanding to know that they are exactly the same off the line as the next one or the last one?
Amazing the amount of entitlement floating around here.
Just don't offer him to consider precisely the design of the parts of the guns made by other manufacturers, or, no way, to make the test of them! His life would never be the same! :)

Remember I used to test the gun by driving over it with my TLC 100? Have any other manufacturer dared to make that test?

I think you are right, ignoring is the only way left...

Let's also remember that the exploded parts are still being investigated. I know it sucks to wait... but it's the only reasonable thing to do.
No amount of speculation will amount to anything. You need the actual parts and the proper tools. I'm sure Ed and his people are on the case. He has already proven that he wants to get to the bottom of this just as much as the rest of us.

I'm more frustrated with the lack of information from the original owner. They just dipped in and out without explaining much of anything. I can't even find the original facebook post or account anymore.

I care. You don’t even own a L2 or Edgun so butt the * out. Seems strange you’re so triggered by my question yet don’t even own an Edgun as I DO. I’ve a right to ask WHY two different designs’ (sharp edges or not) so other than trolling my valid question AGAIN- do one pal.

• Haha
Reactions: IndiaCo.
Even Marko pointed out the discrepancy of the pictures. Ed twice. Get off your friggin high horse, stop pretending to be so much smarter than everyone else and move the hell on. How many times does something have to be explained to you before you catch on?
Do you have an L2? Planning on buying one? May I make a suggestion? Just get a red ryder. I'm pretty sure you'll be alot safer.... until you shoot your eye out.
I’ve been using firearms since age 8 - why are you replying on a question that doesn’t concern you? I asked Ed for the 4th time, a valid question, if he’d simply answered the first time I would have been satisfied. But yet astonishingly you’re answering for him, do you have a hand up his back? Another triggered fan boy who can’t keep his big mouth zipped- loads of bitchy comments between mine and the eventual ‘kind of’ reply from Ed .. jeez… and yes I own an L2 do you?? Anyway, I’m interrupting you cleaning your potato gun. I’ll leave you to it.

First of all -- who are you to ask the questions having no knowledge of the topic?! Are you mechanical engineer? Or, maybe you are professional in metals? No way! You, as the rest of those who reapeat the same thing about the 'sharp corner" are just amateour of airgun having no idea of things you are trying to talk about. In this case whatever I say will not be accepted, since you have built your own oppinion already. Whay should I spend my time for that with the know result, besides I've did it many times, but I've told already you and people like you. You are like religion fanatics, logic, figures, prooves means nothing to you, you have your own beliefs that overweights all the facts :)

In shortly I can answer your question -- I just wanted to do that, since I am a creater and I have right to do things the way I want. Is is fair enough answer? :) We ironically answer in Russia such questoins "I am an artist, that's the way I see it!" :)

You are right, to ignore them would be the best policy! But, unfortunately that is like self-sustaining nuclear reaction -- they feed each other with the BS and infect with that BS the others, normal ones. That is the way the mythes are creating. So, I take the efforts to stop spreading that BS, at least in that local segment of the life :)

Are you unable to understand what I write? No "sharp corners" are there! There is a radius of 0.4 mm. Technically impossible to make that corner "sharp" with no radius. Even small radius makes the concetration of the strength completelly different of the "theoretical sharp corner". Test shows that I am right, the destruction of the tube starts in the middle, no in the "corner" at the pressure that match the calculations. That is it! What else do you need? Useless thing to try to pursuade the fanatics of the "flat Earth" that it is sphere :)

Just don't offer him to consider precisely the design of the parts of the guns made by other manufacturers, or, no way, to make the test of them! His life would never be the same! :)

Remember I used to test the gun by driving over it with my TLC 100? Have any other manufacturer dared to make that test?

I think you are right, ignoring is the only way left...
Ed as a concerned customer of a L2 I have a right to ask under the circumstances any question I see fit. Respectfully if you’d answered initially way back, in simple terms it would have been cleared up. It was a simple question why two tube types to which you could have said for example : ‘oh it’s because we decided this design was better’ or ‘ it’s because I contracted the work out’ or it’s because it came to me in a vision’ … whatever… but that’s all - yet my question is now centred around the ‘sharp edge’ raised by Marko... 0.4mm radius or not. Anyway thanks for the ‘reply’, it’s the best I’m gonna get, though I don’t appreciate being called a flat earther etc. if you’d just simply answered me and everyone else to start with there wouldn’t have been any fuss and drama queens chipping in. Looking forward to the test result.

Go look up how a diesel engine works https://www.explainthatstuff.com/diesel-engines.html , even gas engines can diesel when they have too much carbon build up. https://axleaddict.com/auto-repair/Why-My-Engine-Keeps-Running .
Here is an quote from the article on diesel engines I linked, "in a diesel engine, the air is compressed by anything from 14 to 25 times." 1 bar is equal to 100,000 Pascals, which is close approximately to atmospheric pressure. So if 1 bar is atmospheric pressure, these air guns are holding 250 to 300 bar or 250 to 300x atmospheric pressure. Lets do the math, 300/25 =12 in other words 12x more compression than the 25x compression in a diesel engine. Over kill to cause a diesel explosion if their is an adequate amount of oil in the plenum.

In this thread the OP ask how much do I need to compress air to raise the temp from 20 c to 100C, https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/temperature-of-compressed-air.341969/ . The answer at the end of the thread is "So you would need to increase pressure to 2,513 psi if you started from atmospheric pressure." Wait for it, 300 bar is equal to 4351 PSI. BTW 100C is 212 F.
If the initial air temperature is 20°C and it is compressed from 1 bar to 300 bar, the approximate final temperature would be around 606.3°C. Final temperature of 606.3°C, when converted to Fahrenheit, is around 1123.34°F. More than ideal conditions to cause a diesel explosion if enough oil is present and vaporized.

So when you fire and empty the plenum and it suddenly fills there is an increase in temperature. I know that we are not dumping the plenum all the way down to 1 bar when we fire and whatever your reg is set to is the new fill pressure but you get the point. Lets consider the scenario in which this happened. Cold conditions(freezing), perhaps the valve that is supposed to open on the regulator froze shut for a second and allowed the plenum to fully discharge. Then the pressure of the tank over comes the stuck valve and opens. You would have a sudden and large temperature spike and if oil is present and now dispersed into to tiny droplets you would have an internal explosion inside of the plenum.

We have to consider all possibilities, I don't own a Edgun leshiy 2. Nor will I ever unless someone donates one to me or I find a good deal, it's just out of my price range. If someone sent me one or offered me one I would take it gladly without fear of it exploding in my face.

There is the a saying "a chain is only as strong as it's weakest link." In air guns I've seen O-rings and Poppet valves fail and consider these as the weakest links in these air gun designs. Part of me wonders if there is a way to redesign these air guns to use something else with less failure rates as O-rings, but I rather have an O-ring fail than have a new method that is so much better that the next weakest link becomes actual plenum or air tank. So in a sense the O-rings are the fuse that prevents bigger catastrophic failures.

Last edited:
All that is good info but one has to consider the time it takes in said compression. A diesel engine obviously does that at a far higher speed than we transfer air through small ports, be it a regulator or a fill check. The heat energy created may be the same (or higher) but is spread across a larger area and at a slow enough rate to dissipate into that area. A diesel engine quickly forces the heat into a small specific area and doesn’t allow time for it to dissipate.

Dave