Leshiy 2 explodes

Ed got an interesting result, but it took a .308 to do it. I don't see any punctures in the picture of the pieces, so I don't think the guy shot it.
My last hypothesis is possibly thermal shock. He said he was bundled up and assuming it was winter time, maybe he filled too fast and heated it up just before walking outside. The cold shock maybe made the cylinder just brittle enough that when he took his shot, the vibration from it was enough to finish it off.
Hopefully the testing facility Ed sent everything to will have the results soon.
Anyways, I have full confidence in mine and haven't stopped shooting it. It's pretty much been the only one I've shot since I got it about a year and a half ago.

The tube tested was the one with the extra material and rounded step at the base , I’d be curious as to the same test with the sharp corner tubes …

IMG_0132.jpeg

The tube tested was the one with the extra material and rounded step at the base , I’d be curious as to the same test with the sharp corner tubes …

It would be EXACTLY the same! There are no sharp corners, Marko has told that you already, I've showen the pictures, many tests were made, but you still believe in "sharp corners" in fact having no idea about it :) Aren't you boring of that already?

Reactions: sltech and dv8eod
It would be EXACTLY the same! There are no sharp corners, Marko has told that you already, I've showen the pictures, many tests were made, but you still believe in "sharp corners" in fact having no idea about it :) Aren't you boring of that already?
There are two very distinct tube types manufactured. This has been shown multiple times and by a few L2 owners. Marko also said it’s not a great design for any pressure vessel, I don’t believe this opinion changed? So again you’ve shown a very valid test but still, it’s on the optimal tube design.

There are two very distinct tube types manufactured. This has been shown multiple times and by a few L2 owners. Marko also said it’s not a great design for any pressure vessel, I don’t believe this opinion changed? So again you’ve shown a very valid test but still, it’s on the optimal tube design.
And also, respectfully you’ve been asked many many times why TWO distinct tubes types are in circulation but you’ve totally ignored the question. Why is that ?

WTB your Unwanted edgun leishy 2's lol

I think you have to consider that if there was excess oil in the plenum dieseling is possible. You fire, the plenum releases all of its pressure, the resulting movement of air could cause oil in the plenum to aerosolize. The Incoming air, also drawing more oil from the air tank causing aerosolization of the incoming oil, refilling the plenum would rapidly heat the air/oil mixture thus igniting the aerosolized oil vapor and boom. The fact the gun was in a super cold environment could also have cause the aluminum to become harder therefore more brittle making it more susceptible to cracking. Factor that in with any corrosion within the cylinder causing some weakening in the metal. A series of conditions all aligned to create an unfortunate event.

We don't know how many times he fired the gun before this happened. The plenum could have been heated up a lot if multiple shots were taken before the accident occurred. If one was inclined to do some testing you could connect a thermistor sensor to the plenum and fire a shot take a reading and eventually empty an entire mag and see how much the temperature rises. Consider that what you feel outside the plenum is not the actual temperature inside the plenum because the cylinder would act initially as an insulator and then a heat sink dissipating the heat. The source of ignition would be the hot air not the temperature that is transferred to the metal cylinder. In other words even though the cylinder is not scalding hot to touch does not reflect the heat necessary to cause flash point of the oil within the cylinder to ignite. That temperature could only be gauged if a sensor was inside the plenum to take a reading. To simplify it, air tank cools because your emptying it, plenum heats up because your filling it.

This is just my speculation and opinion of what happened. So don't jump down my throat if you don't agree.

You can believe ANYTHING that makes you feel comfortable, that is your right. I am not a person who has to pursuade you in anything. You took one side -- Marco and no one can move you to other side, including the fact, that Marco has make an initial mistake. Thus it makes the fact he can make another mistake so vaild. But you don't care, the Earth is flat, becouse I am sure it is flat, that is the logic of such people! :) Anyhow he will remain for you 100 % proofull authority. On the other hand you are not willing to consider the fact that I am doing that over 20 years, in huge amounts of guns and know much more about the guns, metal and the metall processing than you and, most likely, more than Marko. But, anyhow "Marco said...". No problem I leave you with that religion and have no intention to try to put you on the way of knowalage and logic, useless. :) as useless to talk about the god with the religion persons. Just avoid EDgun and everybody will be happy then...

WTB your Unwanted edgun leishy 2's lol

I think you have to consider that if there was excess oil in the plenum dieseling is possible. You fire, the plenum releases all of its pressure, the resulting movement of air could cause oil in the plenum to aerosolize. The Incoming air, also drawing more oil from the air tank causing aerosolization of the incoming oil, refilling the plenum would rapidly heat the air/oil mixture thus igniting the aerosolized oil vapor and boom. The fact the gun was in a super cold environment could also have cause the aluminum to become harder therefore more brittle making it more susceptible to cracking. Factor that in with any corrosion within the cylinder causing some weakening in the metal. A series of conditions all aligned to create an unfortunate event.

We don't know how many times he fired the gun before this happened. The plenum could have been heated up a lot if multiple shots were taken before the accident occurred. If one was inclined to do some testing you could connect a thermistor sensor to the plenum and fire a shot take a reading and eventually empty an entire mag and see how much the temperature rises. Consider that what you feel outside the plenum is not the actual temperature inside the plenum because the cylinder would act initially as an insulator and then a heat sink dissipating the heat. The source of ignition would be the hot air not the temperature that is transferred to the metal cylinder. In other words even though the cylinder is not scalding hot to touch does not reflect the heat necessary to cause flash point of the oil within the cylinder to ignite. That temperature could only be gauged if a sensor was inside the plenum to take a reading. To simplify it, air tank cools because your emptying it, plenum heats up because your filling it.

This is just my speculation and opinion of what happened. So don't jump down my throat if you don't agree.
Funny how people are able to create so complicated ideas based on absence of the facts :) Based on my experience, the things are ALWAYS much easier than they seem. You shouldn't use the consiracy theory where everything can be explained by ordinary human's stupidity :)

Btw has anyone formaly apologized to Ed ?.....so much speculation and accusations.

So both tubes are safe, Ed did everything right and now has been proven.

Good on ya Ed, keep doing what you're doing.
Respectfully I’ve asked Ed many times as have others why there are two different designs floating around but yet again he won’t answer. It’s a valid point regardless of any other issue. If I buy a high end product I want to know it’s the same as the next guys ..

You can believe ANYTHING that makes you feel comfortable, that is your right. I am not a person who has to pursuade you in anything. You took one side -- Marco and no one can move you to other side, including the fact, that Marco has make an initial mistake. Thus it makes the fact he can make another mistake so vaild. But you don't care, the Earth is flat, becouse I am sure it is flat, that is the logic of such people! :) Anyhow he will remain for you 100 % proofull authority. On the other hand you are not willing to consider the fact that I am doing that over 20 years, in huge amounts of guns and know much more about the guns, metal and the metall processing than you and, most likely, more than Marko. But, anyhow "Marco said...". No problem I leave you with that religion and have no intention to try to put you on the way of knowalage and logic, useless. :) as useless to talk about the god with the religion persons. Just avoid EDgun and everybody will be happy then...
How many paragraphs does it take to answer one simple question, just answer WHY two different TUBE designs ? It’s a simple question Ed.

Respectfully I’ve asked Ed many times as have others why there are two different designs floating around but yet again he won’t answer. It’s a valid point regardless of any other issue. If I buy a high end product I want to know it’s the same as the next guys ..
How cares ? ..........if they are both capable and safe why the big fuss ?

I would do exactly what Ed does, just ignore,... you want the gun buy it, otherwise move on he has nothing to prove.

Reactions: sltech and dv8eod