Leshiy 2 explodes

It would be nice of the owner would take a moment to tell us what happened...you can't post something like this on FB then find out someone else reposted your incident on a forum, pop into that forum to say hey, it's me then go silent. Sus.

He can't? I think he just did. Proved you wrong. :p

• Haha
Reactions: qball and yenniedn
Always use caution with speculation. Total guesses on my part.

1) Wrong material was mistakenly used. As EDgun clearly use competent engineering in their designs I must assume the material specification are defined correctly. Probably 6061 with a high heat treat (T6 Or T651). It is possible a material supplier substituted a wrong material either intentional or by accident. In either case, EDgun should have non destructive or batch destructive inspection methods in place to assure an escape is not possible on this critical part. Edgun should do a material analysis of this failed material to make sure it was to specification. If it proves not to be, I sure hope he recorded material batches used on each serial number so that he can do an isolated recall. If this is a material problem, and he cannot isolated it…well these guns are all a gamble. I sure hope this is not the case.

2) The part was not machined correctly and/or the manufacturing methods did not assure the absence of blemishes that can result in fatigue rising imperfections. Typically this error could be inspected in the field and replacement parts provided.

3) Gun was assembled incorrectly by the factory or by the user. Also part may have been damaged during assembly by factory or user.

4) Gun was over pressurized.

5) There is not enough safety margin in the design. I doubt this is the case but I would hope something as critical as this pressure tube was tested to ultimate failure to determine how much margin it has. Since many airguns use pressure tubes as reservoirs I assume there are known safety margins for this application of aluminum tubing? If there is something unique in how Edgun interfaces the tube that should be specifically tested (It does no appear to be unique?).

If I were Ed I would take any failure like this very seriously and spend as much effort as possible to determine root cause. If not for the safety of his customers then for risk of liability. I just hope no one gets hurt if this ends up being a non-isolated event!
I want him to contact me and give me as many details of the accident as possible, including sending me the rest of the parts to make the investigation. Otherwise we can speculate about it forever...

I can't say for sure, but it's certainly out of position now. Perhaps it moved as the failure occurred, or perhaps it was an error in setting up the photograph.

There's a lot wrong in those images, and some of it (apparent corrosion) could have contributed to the failure. But perhaps it was the damage done to the threads that set up the initial crack in the tube. Hard to say without more input, either photos or statements from the owner.

I want him to contact me and give me as many details of the accident as possible, including sending me the rest of the parts to make the investigation. Otherwise we can speculate about it forever...
Hi edgun I contacted edgun Spain.

I will say again do not knock the leshiy an absolute masterpiece.
And untill as mentioned it's been looked at then enjoy.
The way I look at it is like a shotgun back firing lolz puts hairs on your chest 🖖

Hi edgun I contacted edgun Spain.

I will say again do not knock the leshiy an absolute masterpiece.
And untill as mentioned it's been looked at then enjoy.
The way I look at it is like a shotgun back firing lolz puts hairs on your chest 🖖
If you’re withholding the story because you’re worried it will reflect badly on Edgun products, there is nothing that will cause more fear than the unknown. Or if you’re concerned that if you say something they won’t provide a replacement that’s hard to imagine. That would only prompt you to to run around sharing this everywhere and there’s no way they’d want that.

Reactions: Glem.Chally
I work or have worked with high pressure Hydraulic and pneumatic systems for over 30 and the photos do not represent what would happen if a failure was to occur,
Thread failure would be just that the threads would be drawn ,deformed away from the fixed ends
If material failure was the cause it would happen and the point of least resistance the furthest away from the sop ported ends and then only outwards basically blowing out the middle ,
If and I very much doubt this is genuine I would be asking if and grease and if so what has been used to assemble the air tube .
Ed stick to your guns mate , sorry couldn’t resist, I think this is a scam and not your or the guns fault

Mick

Shaken not stirred.
Glad you are safe.

Wow - some people here are just brutal. Guys - @daftlad is following the best course by sending the parts to the vendor and reaching out to Ed so as to not speculate. For f's sake some of your are so rude.

I work or have worked with high pressure Hydraulic and pneumatic systems for over 30 and the photos do not represent what would happen if a failure was to occur,
Thread failure would be just that the threads would be drawn ,deformed away from the fixed ends
If material failure was the cause it would happen and the point of least resistance the furthest away from the sop ported ends and then only outwards basically blowing out the middle ,
If and I very much doubt this is genuine I would be asking if and grease and if so what has been used to assemble the air tube .
Ed stick to your guns mate , sorry couldn’t resist, I think this is a scam and not your or the guns fault

Mick
What seems odd to me is the perfectly straight split on one side and the jagged tear on the other. How's can that happen, this story smells very fishy to me by the pictures posted. His reluctance to elaborate details makes it more suspicious. I will continue shooting my Leshiy with no fear of it exploding

Glad you are safe.

Wow - some people here are just brutal. Guys - @daftlad is following the best course by sending the parts to the vendor and reaching out to Ed so as to not speculate. For f's sake some of your are so rude.
I think the problem with most here is fear based. They see an issue, and if they own one, they’re afraid it might happen to theirs. At that point, all empathy goes out the window, and they’re looking for an outside source to blame.

Guys this can happen with any brand and any gun. Just be glad this didn’t cause injury, and doesn’t seem to be widespread.

I dont own leshiy 2 but I find it shocking how ppl take this. There is zero reasonable cause anyone should use their leshiy 2 untill this is sorted what caused it.
Iv never hold one in my hands but judging from pictures failure point wasnt that threaded side but actually 90degree sharp angle on otherside ( you shouldnt never have sharp 90degree angle in corner of pressure tube) if that tube is made the way I think its made according to that photo its similiar design failure what caused aftermarket texan plenum go off few years ago.

Reactions: cavedweller
IMG_20230214_171939.jpg
That is where it failed and by look of it there truly is 90degree corner where it cracked prettymuch 100% identical with that texan plenum. ED or someone else can you confirm?

Reactions: jarmstrong
What seems odd to me is the perfectly straight split on one side and the jagged tear on the other. How's can that happen, this story smells very fishy to me by the pictures posted. His reluctance to elaborate details makes it more suspicious. I will continue shooting my Leshiy with no fear of it exploding

That would appear to be an after-the-event cut, to make the item easier to photograph.

Reactions: DesertSilver