Leshiy 2 explodes

....I got it towards the end of April. The fact is Russia has long holidays in May, from 1st of May up to 9th of May, the celebration of our Victory over fascism (looks like we are back on the same way, need to defeat new fascism again).....

Wow. I can read between the lines of what you are implying there and what country that is directed at, and I'm sure many others can as well. That comment, and your disparaging of women in the same post shows your true colors.

I was following this thread just for informational purposes since a Leshiy 2 has been high on my list of a new gun to buy for awhile.

But now, exploding cylinder aside, you will never get a penny of my money.

Your comments are the worst thing I have ever seen or read form a manufacturer on any forum, and if you were just a user of this forum, you would likley be eligible to be banned for such hateful comments. But I guess manufacturers get special treatment.

Those who do not speak Russian are missing out on some serious comic content.

"Everything looks horrible under the microscope. If you take a look at yourself under the microscope, you're not going to want to live".
-Ed

These words need to be cast in granite, MOD EDIT: removed political statement. Kindly refer to the forum rules.

In all seriousness, why was such a discrepancy between the two tests: Marco achieved the onset of plastic deformation at 450bar while your sample needed 700+ bar? Care to speculate?

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha. Dude. I'm not an engineer and I don't pretend to be one. My knowledge on the subject comes from the Google and Wikipedia and such. There are many others like me. We are legion. When we seek knowledge we google the poop. Yes some of us consider ourselves to be professionals at that. Some of us are barely adequate. Some of us even compete for the Darwin award in our daily lives. We also buy your products. You're not used to it, but this is now your new reality!
You know, I was laughing about American instructions where it says "do not wash the cat in the washing machine."
But now it has come to Russia - the country of engineers.
I don't envy Eduard because of the buyers in Russia..

Exactly. That is a free advertisement!
You are right, Lukaz, there is nothing more effective as negative advertisement, strange but true, I've passed through it many times! Thank you, buddy for all your help with that!

Ed is fellow who stands behind his products!

Off topic.

Ed,There are meny poeple who are waiting of message that new shipment of black leshiy2 (7.5joule) arrived again in Germany.
Hope you can make it faster😉.

Regards from Germany
I can just ensure you that we do our best it to happen, we all, all our international team! Thanks you very much for support! I love Germany and people there, remember I even tried to study German :)

Appreciate the offer, I think it's going to be too difficult in this situation in the world.

You didn't say what the material was so I can't make a proper simulation and need to guess the material before I get it analyzed.

Marko

Marko, I am serious, no kidding, I really appretiate your aproach on behalf of the safety of other fellow airgunners and want to suply you with the parts you lost. The way of shipment is my headache, believe we have long arms all over the world. Let's come to PM and talk there about the details. That is D16T Russian aviation durallumin.

ED- Good to see your that your daughter is following in your footsteps. I'm sure she will be another great engineer In her day.
Thank you! I have no idea what ways she would choose to go by, I will just support her in any of her movements!

Wow. I can read between the lines of what you are implying there and what country that is directed at, and I'm sure many others can as well. That comment, and your disparaging of women in the same post shows your true colors.

I was following this thread just for informational purposes since a Leshiy 2 has been high on my list of a new gun to buy for awhile.

But now, exploding cylinder aside, you will never get a penny of my money.

Your comments are the worst thing I have ever seen or read form a manufacturer on any forum, and if you were just a user of this forum, you would likley be eligible to be banned for such hateful comments. But I guess manufacturers get special treatment.

Relax, buddy. In fact I don't care what you are able to read between the lines, that is only your problem what you see there. I just said what I said. You consider it as the disparaging of women? OK, that is your oppinion, as a man, maybe you'd better ask women what they think about it? :) Besides, the way of considering the world in your country can be completely different of the way in my country and they are both right or wrong, based on what angle you are watching at. I don't care about over 50 sexes in some countries unless they don't push me to believe that is right :)

As for you money for my guns, I am just happy to live in a free country, being a free person and having chance to choose freely what I want or what I don't. I do hope that your country gives you the same privilage and happy for you if it is so. I just want to say that it always seemed stange to me how people can mix the things and the manufacturers. You know selling somebody my guns I don't, automatically, invite him/her to become my friend or relative. That is just a change of money to the staff and nothing else. If the staff is OK I don't care who is the guy behind it, I am not buying him, I am buying the staff, on the other hand, if the staff is poop the guy behind it can be the best man in the world, I just don't neeed it. Logically, isn't it?

Thanks Dave,
Now I have a reference to work with.

Marko

If you need technical information from me regarding the ally we use -- you are always welcome.

In all seriousness, why was such a discrepancy between the two tests: Marco achieved the onset of plastic deformation at 450bar while your sample needed 700+ bar? Care to speculate?

I don't know, can be the mistake during the making tests. My results exactly meets the calculations.

Haha. Dude. I'm not an engineer and I don't pretend to be one. My knowledge on the subject comes from the Google and Wikipedia and such. There are many others like me. We are legion. When we seek knowledge we google the poop. Yes some of us consider ourselves to be professionals at that. Some of us are barely adequate. Some of us even compete for the Darwin award in our daily lives. We also buy your products. You're not used to it, but this is now your new reality! Anyway let's google "factor of safety" and that what comes up:

Here's the interesting part.

Well excuse me. It actually says "3.5 to 4.0 safety factor for pressure vessels". Guess what. 95% of the people who read this will not dig any deeper than that because the Wikipedia, as we all know, is the ultimate authority on truth. You may argue that none of that applies to the PCP cylinder design and the Wikipedia is actually a mind control tool of the new world order globalist elites set on suppressing the rising Russian airgun industry (among other things) and hey, you may actually be right... but still, in the process of such discussion you will still offend and alienate some people with your unique style and lose some potential customers. My point was, why have this discussion to begin with when it can be avoided - by designing parts with a higher safety factor than needed rather than trying to stay on the bleeding edge when there is no real need for it? The benefit outweigs the cost, in my opinion.

But hey, perhaps you just enjoy a good engineering challenge especially when it also presents a good trolling opportunity ;) More power to you Ed!

That is why I do my guns for the dummers, difficult to destroy and even more difficult to destroy it by the way of harming themselves. But I cannot predict all the cases :)

I am very glad that you understand the reall things about the Global elite and the drop of the education level, we are talking the same langauge, so let's stay at this level and try not to drop it, at least! :) You know, I will be honest with you, my wife says "It is better to be alone, than share life with anybody". That is exactly principle I follow in my life. If it happens so that the Global stupidisation win and there will not be anybody who could understand the simple things I prefer stay alone, rather than drop down to the mob level. Over 15 years ago, when I just came to USA and somebody told me at Talon Airgun forum that my guns are too expensive and nobody in USA would buy them I said "I don't care, I value my work this level, if nobody wants to buy them I will not sell them in USA but I will not follow the mob's oppinion, I am above it, I respect my work and myself too much!", Nothing has changed since that time :) And you are right we just LOVE the engineering chalenge, as well as trolliong... :)

You know, I was laughing about American instructions where it says "do not wash the cat in the washing machine."
But now it has come to Russia - the country of engineers.
I don't envy Eduard because of the buyers in Russia..
We are still fighting and have no intention to give up!

Reactions: Barik

“I don't know, can be the mistake during the making tests. My results exactly meets the calculations.”

Sorry but this reply is hardly satisfactory- it clearly failed at 450 bar - there’s no mistake. And why all
The machining discrepancies / differences in the tubes?

Sorry but this reply is hardly satisfactory- it clearly failed at 450 bar - there’s no mistake. And why all
The machining discrepancies / differences in the tubes?

What failed at 450 bar? Have you seen my video? And that is exactly for all the parts, nothing happening to the material up to 600 bar, that is more that necessary 1.5 times for safety.

Hello, Ed!

I have a suggestion for you. A fixture for holding a sheet of sandpaper.

Simple design, easy to make and very useful throughout your whole shop :)

Top surface of the aluminum plate (under the sandpaper) is ground perfectly flat.

Cheers from Detroit!
IMG_0279.JPG

IMG_0280.JPG

IMG_0281.JPG

Reactions: Headshots
Can someone tell me what this is and can i get rid of it? Looks to me like oxidation or something. This is the back of the larger lower tank. I've had my L2 for a little over 2 weeks.
View attachment 352848
It's calcium... that came from water... which came from your compressor. That's the issue with these cheap compressors, they don't separate moisture, and it ends up in your gun. Moisture is not your friend with PCP airguns. Just clean it out with a long q-tip with a little CLR on it. When you can swing it... upgrade your air source.

Reactions: Noob_to_this
It's calcium... that came from water... which came from your compressor. That's the issue with these cheap compressors, they don't separate moisture, and it ends up in your gun. Moisture is not your friend with PCP airguns. Just clean it out with a long q-tip with a little CLR on it. When you can swing it... upgrade your air source.

Thanks, Is there a somewhat affordable compressor that actually gives you dry air out there or would it be better to just buy a tank and take it to the scuba shop? I hate having to rely on a shop, but I don't want to trash my airguns.

Lots of information on compressors in the Tanks, Pumps and Compressors forum. The two schools of thought I subscribe to are an Alkin or a Bauer for a pretty penny, or a pair of Yong Heng's, spare parts, a blower, ice water, a mechanical water filter followed by Brancato's carbon/molecular sieve filter if you're cheap and like to tinker. I can't say I've enjoyed my Yong Heng adventure as much I have our Leshiys however it has been fun to put the system together.

Can someone tell me what this is and can i get rid of it? Looks to me like oxidation or something. This is the back of the larger lower tank. I've had my L2 for a little over 2 weeks.
View attachment 352848
I have some of that calcium at the bottom of mine as well. Not as much as yours, but there is a speck there. Mine is about 5 months old.
Turns out, I forgot to swap out the moisture filter on my compressor for far too long. I don't have the most expensive compressor, but that moisture filter does a fine job.

My I ask what CLR stands for? I'd like to clean that gunk out as well. Also, anyone got any tips on how to clean out a gun that's "wet" on the inside? I filled at least 2 of my airguns guns with that bad filter. I'd like to minimize moisture damage in the future.

Reactions: Noob_to_this
Feed your compressor nothing but low pressure Nitrogen and you will NEVER have water or any Oxidizers in your gun. No detonation in gun or compressor
and if you have moisture in the bottle remove it by purging it with nitrogen, must be able to flo in and out of tank.
Most any welding supply store can get you Nitrogen and a regulator with hose.

I have some of that calcium at the bottom of mine as well. Not as much as yours, but there is a speck there. Mine is about 5 months old.
Turns out, I forgot to swap out the moisture filter on my compressor for far too long. I don't have the most expensive compressor, but that moisture filter does a fine job.

My I ask what CLR stands for? I'd like to clean that gunk out as well. Also, anyone got any tips on how to clean out a gun that's "wet" on the inside? I filled at least 2 of my airguns guns with that bad filter. I'd like to minimize moisture damage in the future.
Calcium, lime, and rust. I looked up it's friendliness with aluminum and I get mixed feedback. Wondering why the end of tube isn't anodized like the rest?

Unless he’s filling up his gun with tap water I don’t think that’s calcium. Doesn’t look like oxidation either. Most likely the residue sb327 mentioned.