Leshiy 2 explodes

First of all I want to get contact with that guy. You know that FB is banned in Russia (though I've deleted my account there myself about 4 years ago, when the censorship of FB became totally inappropritate, like in the worst time of the former USSR) and get the informaton from the first hands.

In my life were some cases like that and at the first sight it appeared as the manufacturer failure but then it turned to be completely different. One guys filled the gun with the oxigen and it exploded. The other one, with the old R3M Matador put just one screw on the front plug and started to fill it, at 200 bar it exploded. When I asked him what he was supposed to know doing that I got not reasonable answer. So before making the conclusions we need to know the facts.

I agree with somebody saying abouve "we are got used to the hight pressure so much that we stopped consider it as the dangerous thing".

Those who are in FB give him my e-mail: eduard(at)edgun.ru ask him to contact me.

No panic, step by step we will find the sourse of the problem in this defenete case.

Ed

The problem with the system that has been created in the UK in the absence of a local dealer that was Graham who stopped selling due to several reasons and "edgun.shop" are sending/smuggling the guns in pieces (6 shipments) and the assembly is required to be performed by the end user, so who knows what can go wrong? PCP airguns should be assembled by experts....

The problem with the system that has been created in the UK in the absence of a local dealer that was Graham who stopped selling due to several reasons and "edgun.shop" are sending/smuggling the guns in pieces (6 shipments) and the assembly is required to be performed by the end user, so who knows what can go wrong? PCP airguns should be assembled by experts....
I don't agree with that, though I can be wrong considering the men in West the same as men in Russia -- as the persons able to make the simple mechanical work. In PCP airguns there is nothing complicated and difficult, the only thing one need to get -- the cool head and simple understanding of the process. Moreover I've always designed the guns taking into consideration that it can be served by the user himself. That is normal. Yes, I know that some people can overestimate their ability to be a man, well, in this case that is the problem of those who does it.

I don't agree with that, though I can be wrong considering the men in West the same as men in Russia -- as the persons able to make the simple mechanical work. In PCP airguns there is nothing complicated and difficult, the only thing one need to get -- the cool head and simple understanding of the process. Moreover I've always designed the guns taking into consideration that it can be served by the user himself. That is normal. Yes, I know that some people can overestimate their ability to be a man, well, in this case that is the problem of those who does it. I am far aways of the thought that the line in the microwave manul "Don't dry cat in the oven" is normal. It shows me the only one thing -- the manufacturer consider the clients as complete idiots.
They warned people not to dry cats in the microwave because there's people that will be using the microwave to do it...
We're not saying that users are stupid but there's a thin line between having an expert assembly and a hobbyist assembly

They warned people not to dry cats in the microwave because there's people that will be using the microwave to do it...
We're not saying that users are stupid but there's a thin line between having an expert assembly and a hobbyist assembly
I just repeat -- there is nothing complicated in assembling PCP guns. And word "expert" used for the simple technical operation to me sounds ridiculous. But, once again, I consider it from the point of view a man, born in USSR, in fact I have no idea what are the people now live in the West countries. You know them better...

though I can be wrong considering the men in West the same as men in Russia -- as the persons able to make the simple mechanical work.
I might be wrong - but my guess is that there are people in both the east, west, north and south that can't do simple mechanical work.

I might be wrong - but my guess is that there are people in both the east, west, north and south that can't do simple mechanical work.
As an auto mechanic who fixes "DIY home" repairs frequently, most people shouldn't be allowed to even turn a wrench let alone work on an HPA system. Way to many people think that snug isn't enough and tighten things down until threads start to stretch and strip.

Those that complain of the bottle/plenum being in the back next to your face might as well discount EVERY bullpup on the market along with a lot of others. Plenums and air chambers in the rear of pcp’s is commonplace, and unless you’re looking at a very traditional rifle, you’re not going to have much look finding something otherwise.
PCP’s are dangerous. People become complacent, and accidents happen. People become careless and accidents happen. Until we get all the facts, nobody can make a conclusion.

Those that complain of the bottle/plenum being in the back next to your face might as well discount EVERY bullpup on the market along with a lot of others. Plenums and air chambers in the rear of pcp’s is commonplace, and unless you’re looking at a very traditional rifle, you’re not going to have much look finding something otherwise.
PCP’s are dangerous. People become complacent, and accidents happen. People become careless and accidents happen. Until we get all the facts, nobody can make a conclusion.
And the Panthera.......

Can I say I haven't read all the posts but it was my baby that went boom.
I don't want anyone thinking it's a fault with most wonderful chaos monster ever.
I still trust the folks at edgun for providing amazing products and believe that this was just as a one of.
Well first off - we all hope you are okay and didn't get injured.

Can I say I haven't read all the posts but it was my baby that went boom.
I don't want anyone thinking it's a fault with most wonderful chaos monster ever.
I still trust the folks at edgun for providing amazing products and believe that this was just as a one of.
Hope this failure didn’t happen next to your face, and that you are OKAY.

What happened to cause this??

Screenshot_20230213-184454_Facebook.jpg
what I'll be wearing from now on when shooting my Leshiy 2

Always use caution with speculation. Total guesses on my part.

1) Wrong material was mistakenly used. As EDgun clearly use competent engineering in their designs I must assume the material specification are defined correctly. Probably 6061 with a high heat treat (T6 Or T651). It is possible a material supplier substituted a wrong material either intentional or by accident. In either case, EDgun should have non destructive or batch destructive inspection methods in place to assure an escape is not possible on this critical part. Edgun should do a material analysis of this failed material to make sure it was to specification. If it proves not to be, I sure hope he recorded material batches used on each serial number so that he can do an isolated recall. If this is a material problem, and he cannot isolated it…well these guns are all a gamble. I sure hope this is not the case.

2) The part was not machined correctly and/or the manufacturing methods did not assure the absence of blemishes that can result in fatigue rising imperfections. Typically this error could be inspected in the field and replacement parts provided.

3) Gun was assembled incorrectly by the factory or by the user. Also part may have been damaged during assembly by factory or user.

4) Gun was over pressurized.

5) There is not enough safety margin in the design. I doubt this is the case but I would hope something as critical as this pressure tube was tested to ultimate failure to determine how much margin it has. Since many airguns use pressure tubes as reservoirs I assume there are known safety margins for this application of aluminum tubing? If there is something unique in how Edgun interfaces the tube that should be specifically tested (It does no appear to be unique?).

If I were Ed I would take any failure like this very seriously and spend as much effort as possible to determine root cause. If not for the safety of his customers then for risk of liability. I just hope no one gets hurt if this ends up being a non-isolated event!

Last edited: