Leshiy 2 explodes

I have no dog in this fight either, but I’m curious of the results because I’ve always been interested in a leshiy 2.

I can understand people’s frustration though, the leshiy 2 is marketed as a premium level gun with a premium pricing, so safety issues like this are most definitely a big concern.

I would also like to see comparable tests with other top end manufacturers such as fx, daystate, etc. and just wanted to thank the people who dedicated their time to help the Airgun community.

They don't want to accept that there's something wrong with it. Especially if they paid a lot. This is just human nature. Maybe they are embarrassed. Usually has to do with IQ level. The higher your IQ the more willing you are to accept things and simply try to solve it instead of getting defensive and denying it.
Very well said. I am in top 1% of human population when it comes to IQ and you are absolutely correct.

Reactions: Huckleberry
Why do we have to take a breath? LMAO. I'm quite calm my man, I just want it fixed....NOW.
And therein lies the problem. Complaining, throwing in political commentary, name calling, etc. isn't going to encourage anybody to want to do anything for anyone else. A simple "are we there yet" will get more accomplished than mudslinging. Seems no one has any patience anymore. Flip-flopping between demands and thank yous is about as childish as one can get. Everyone keeps pushing and Ed will end up cutting off all contact and then it will be on us to take care of it ourselves, on our dime. I tend to believe he is proud of his reputation and wouldn't let it fall apart like this, but he's only going to take so much.
And IQ tests are subjective, bragging about being in the top 1% of one doesn't really establish any kind of credibility. It actually pushes the other way.
And yes, I have read every post in this thread, as I too, own an L2 and have a horse in this race along with some close friends.
Have a nice day.

Why do we have to take a breath? LMAO. I'm quite calm my man, I just want it fixed....NOW.

Squeaky wheel gets the grease and
everything MOST people have been saying has been relevant concerns. We aren't just calling him names.

How do you think manufacturers have issues brought to their attention? By concerned and angry customers telling them. How do you think you get manufacturers to do things faster? By riding them until they do it. Attorneys understand this and that's why they get things done.

12000 L2's have been sold and I'm sure only a small fraction of those people actually know about this yet.

Don't take a breath people. Voice your concerns whatever they are. Just be civilized about it.
The 'take a breath' reference was meant to spur people towards civil discourse on the subject.
My reasons for doing so were laid out in my post.

I am sure that Ed is FULLY aware the world is watching, and the future of his enterprise may hang in the balance.
The moment that something is proven to indicate culpability on the part of the manufacturer, then yes, ratchet up the rhetoric.

I was NOT advocating that anyone's issue or grievance be stifled. Far from it.

Putin has to get his cut. These things are way overpriced IMO when it comes to quality.
When you throw in Putin you just show that your biased. Name another semi auto with the range and adjustablility the leshiy has in a small footprint? There is nothing that compares. This issue is massive though why did any of these companies start putting the explody part right next to your face?

I believe there is cause for concern here as I would never want that to happen right next to what remains of my aging brain. But, I also have a few questions about what I am seeing in the picture. 2 specific areas circled below:
View attachment 331969

First one is the regulator nut. There is definitely what appears to be some damage there and that wouldn't happen on an outward explosion of the cylinder.

Second is the threading on the burst cylinder. While the tears in the metal do appear consistent on both sides I don't understand how they could be bent inward rather than outward.
The pieces could have been propelled into a hard surface which bent them inward.

When there is poor communication from a manufacturer over a potential IED next to your head, this is exactly what you're going to get every time. There is nothing wrong with speculation. Keeping this thread going also let's Ed know this is a serious matter we aren't going to take lying down.

Edit:
People speculated before the internet too, fyi.
And thankfully they were able to just keep it to themselves. Oye! You've been here on AGN 2 weeks and only posted in this thread. If you are not just trolling this thread please enlighten us all with you experience with air guns and EdGun? How many have you owned? Personally I've owned 10+ EdGuns and currently still own two Veles, a Lelya 1.0 and a Leshiy 2. I've never had a problem with any of them.

I can speculate just as much as everyone else with no problems. Heck if you look in the first two pages of this thread I probably speculated a few times. But I'd rather hear from the designer who now has the parts, and I have no doubt in Ed's honesty when presenting his findings.

If you were to install the carbon fiber bottle, wouldn't it replace the tube and no worries? I've been reading up on these and it could be my next gun. Will see how it pans out. Might be able to save a bundle on a used one.
No. It was the top cannister next to the regulator that popped. And that gentleman did have the carbon fiber bottle on it when it popped.

And IQ tests are subjective, bragging about being in the top 1% of one doesn't really establish any kind of credibility. It actually pushes the other way.
If you make some random test from the internet then yes. But if you were examined by e.g. Mensa then you can be sure you are special if you passed the threshold.

Reactions: Huckleberry