• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Leshiy 2 explodes

Liability claims against a Russian company from the US forget about it. Liability claims on a US LLC are just what LLC are for, limiting liability.
This allows companies to sell products that may or may not be hazardous while limited the liability of any product issues. So you can relax in the sunshine with less worries. I'm not taking sides on if there is a problem or not. Just stating how the laws work that allows companies to make products while limiting the downside personal risks. I look forward to the results of further testing.

I'm well aware of piercing LLC and corporate protections. However wise business people know about the pitfalls in their particular states and avoid them so they're still covered. I guarantee you that Ed will not post any of his findings and keep it private for legal reasons. However if anyone knowingly sells a defective dangerous product no level of corporate LLC protection will cover you in the USA. I'm not saying the product is dangerous. I wait the test results in another video. Even if it blows up in that test doesn't mean that the product is defective that all depends on what a jury decides in civil court. Each side will have their own expert witnesses trying to convince the jury why the product is safe or unsafe.

Disclaimer this is a layman's opinion and not legal advice.

Last edited:
Obviously if one does an internet search, they will come up with various properties for any given material.

Here is one for 7075 aluminum alloy
7FDE9FD6-973D-4735-875F-B3FBAEA26246.jpeg

Plugging the numbers given by the YouTube engineer for od and wall thickness into an online calculator
14A27253-06B6-462F-AD8D-FC5247D38F82.jpeg

Just some food for thought….I used ys (72 instead of 73ksi, oops) and NOT ultimate tensile strength.

Dave

You guys are jumping to conclusions and convoluting taking a vacation with not doing anything. We don't even know if he has received the parts in quesiton and if they are undergoing evaluation by a 2nd party or by someone on his staff? Just because a CEO/Owner goes on vacation doesn't mean the company is shut down and no longer working. Some of these comments are laughable and way over the top hysterics and borderline personal attacks. I am sure the sanctions are not helping the situation. There are always two sides to a story and sometimes 3. Get a grip and let it play out.

You guys are jumping to conclusions and convoluting taking a vacation with not doing anything. We don't even know if he has received the parts in quesiton and if they are undergoing evaluation by a 2nd party or by someone on his staff? Just because a CEO/Owner goes on vacation doesn't mean the company is shut down and no longer working. Some of these comments are laughable and way over the top hysterics and borderline personal attacks. I am sure the sanctions are not helping the situation. There are always two sides to a story and sometimes 3. Get a grip and let it play out.

No need to attack people, be them Ed, Brian, or in their defense.

The majority of the noise in this thread means nothing, there are two sides to every street and people are gonna shout from their side. Shouters gon' shout.

Who cares.. Marko is reputable member of airgunning community (guy who is doing that testing) and he have long track record of building pressure vessels and airguns. If he says L2 isnt safe to use you can be sure its the truth no matter what BS ED might come up with. Lets just wait what he finds when he gets all his testing done.

Obviously if one does an internet search, they will come up with various properties for any given material.

Here is one for 7075 aluminum alloy View attachment 351378

Plugging the numbers given by the YouTube engineer for od and wall thickness into an online calculator
View attachment 351380

Just some food for thought….I used ys (72 instead of 73ksi, oops) and NOT ultimate tensile strength.

Dave

Generally SF of 3.5 is used, although I find using 2.5-3 fine personally, industry standards are 3.5. While using Barlow's formula with that in mind, the working pressure should not exceed 3400 psi, with the burst pressure of course remaining the same. If this failure were legit, I'd suspect the threaded portion somehow became pressurized which has a much lesser working pressure, short of some other major defect in the material. I am uncertain of the thread depth, but if you calculated for that, I am sure the you won't like the results.

*Edit* I reviewed the video, I guess the .118" is accounting for the thread depth, still this gun shouldn't be sold as 300 bar rifle by industry standard. Users should be filling to 240 and then anything beyond is at their discretion...IMO.

The Corner relief seen in the video is very much in question...curious as to how thin the wall gets there.

Last edited: