Leshiy 2 explodes

That lab analysis must really be thorough...

mr-bean-mr-bean-holiday.gif

Ed. May I ask - the owner of the parts - ‘Dave ‘ aka Daft Lad’ what happens now? Have you replaced them as goodwill or is he getting the parts back and you apportion all blame on misuse ?
Thanks
Yes, he got new parts immidiately after the incident, long before we got the result of the expertise.

• Love
Reactions: Miami Airgunner
I do appreciate the lengths you went through Ed. You even sent a couple of tubes to MJPilote for 3rd party testing, which is very generous.

It's a shame that we will most-likely never find out what exactly happened. Dave (Daft Lad) went completely radiosilent after the matter. And I can't help but find the story behind the incident very strange. Dave's facebook account just vanished from what I can tell. It was stated that he assembled the gun himself using seperate parts shipped in from EdGun Spain. Probably as a workaround for the power limitations in the UK (which is on the same level as illegal firearm possession there btw. Highly punishable!). Apparantly it didn't explode while he pulled the trigger, but right before he was about to shoot. Which explains why the explosion didn't take his face off, as he probably wasn't holding cheek weld.

I dunno... it's just a very peculiar story to me. If something like this happened to me (assuming I survived, lol) I would make sure to share every single detail so others can take safety precautions. Perhaps Dave could alleviate some of the speculation, but it doesn't seem like he will...

I have 2 L2s I’m still alive and enjoying both :). Someone took buyer’s remorse to a whole other level. 💥. Should’ve just sold it instead of blowing it up lol.
Same. There's always the chance of some freak material defect or something, but this is the only incident we've heard about so I think it's safe to say there's not a design or quality issue.

GsT