• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Leshiy 2 cycling issue still!

So I converted a leshiy 2 to an fx barrel and .30 cal. All were bought used including the gun, and I never tested before taking it apart to see if cycling issues were present when I got it, but I highly doubt it as I got it from a good standing member that I consider a friend.

Anyway, I though it may have been the wheel, but I put a new “factory” wheel on today and it still has issues. What I did notice was while doing the paper trick to check clearance, the paper is pretty tight on the back of the mag compared to my other leshiy 2. However the barrel protrusion is the same for both guns.
Is there anything else that would cause this difference in clearance? Is there any other adjustments for this clearance?

...Is there anything else that would cause this difference in clearance?...
Yes.
When you tightening a barrel in the barrel clamp, you need to gradually tighten the screws every each in a sequence go around one more time and one more time if needed = don't tighten the first screw then a second and third ... that can pull or push the barrel just for a hair inward or outward.
How I am doing it?
Holding the L2 vertically on the corner of a table sitting on the mag (don't tilt it, hold it perfect vertical). Insert the barrel to sit on its own weight on the mag. Finger tight the firs-2nd-3rd-4th then go back and finger tight again and again and again until I cannot turn the barrel in the clamp any longer. And only then give each screw a slight torque.
Are you closer now?

Reactions: RAMJET66
Have you checked for damage on the plunger (part 17) and ratchet (part 19)? - if the top of plunger fail (from the head banging) small part can get between the contact point and stop the cycling, this has happened to me and others

Very easy to check, one hex screw and pull out the back part over the index pins

L2 - plunger, ratchet.JPG

Glem, I e removed and reinstalled the barrel multiple times to make sure. It’s definitely seated propery.
bighun, I always tighten clamps in sequence just in case, I also pull in the barrel as I do it.
towle, I’ve had my piston apart to inspect, and all looks in perfect shape.
for poops, I installed a different mag (not a .30), and the gap was more on the back side of the mag. Do I have a bad mag?

What I did notice was while doing the paper trick to check clearance, the paper is pretty tight on the back of the mag compared to my other leshiy 2. However the barrel protrusion is the same for both guns.

The paper clearance check is a static test only

The mag has a slight wobble sideways, has to be this way for easy change of mag
under pressure the puck moves forward to seal and square up the mag against the flat part of the barrel, if that flat part is not perfectly square (or way too small) to the bore the mag will tip over to the lower side and if not enough clearance may drag against the receiver

I would try install an original barrel for your other leshiy 2

Try putting a strip of paper where the valve body and receiver come together on the right side by the latch. Make sure it latches snug. If it indexes, the barrel is a tad proud. Just polishing the barrel face may solve the issue.

Dave
How big a strip of paper? And where exactly do I put it?

This is very helpful thanks. I will try this tomorrow and see what happens. Fingers crossed it’s just the barrel proud. Not sure of the tolerances for humas adapters. Hopefully that’s all it is.
I’ve seen this issue with one factory barrel. It would cycle if the rifle was held a certain way but not another. (Holding tight vs holding loose). Polishing the back face of barrel solved it.

Also, you might swap pucks (or oring on the puck) in case the oring has swelled (certain oils will swell an oring). This doesn’t allow the puck to relax back enough.

Just a couple more things to look at.

Dave

Thanks. I wish there was a way to measure the protrusion of the barrel compared to my other leshiy 2 that cycles fine. At least then I’d know for sure what the issue is! I was worried that maybe the used magazine I had was too thick, and possibly causing the issue also. I’ve never had an issue with my .22 leshiy2 so this is so frustrating to me. It makes you realize how finicky the gun actually is if everything is not just perfect!