• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Leshiy 2 Crossman premiers

View attachment IMG_20221003_163802.jpgDid some shooting with the L2 today testing what velocity the premiers like. Set the reg pressure to 95 bar and that got me around 695-700 FPS. This was at 35 yards sitting supported with unsorted pellets(pretty sure I had a few dented skirts if the fliers are any indicator. With this tune in 22 cal I can get around 220 shots per fill with the bottle and 70 with the original cylinder.
If I sorted pellets I bet I could get this size of group out to 70 yards. If you're wondering if the L2 will shoot the cheap stuff I'll say that mine will. I forgot to mention all groups are 8 shot groups.

View attachment IMG_20221003_163807.jpg

Reactions: Miami Airgunner
My Leshiy 2 .30 seems to like just about everything I feed it.

My Leshiy classic .22 is ok with the CPHP, but a little loose, however, I just figured out it FREAKING LOVES Predator Polymags, like single ragged hole @ 20 yards, loves the things.
(Which is a real surprise, because basically no-one ever says they are flat out best, but, I guess I'm the rare case. These babies print!)

Needless to say I just ordered 1000 more of them. :)

My Leshiy 2 .30 seems to like just about everything I feed it.

My Leshiy classic .22 is ok with the CPHP, but a little loose, however, I just figured out it FREAKING LOVES Predator Polymags, like single ragged hole @ 20 yards, loves the things.
(Which is a real surprise, because basically no-one ever says they are flat out best, but, I guess I'm the rare case. These babies print!)

Needless to say I just ordered 1000 more of them. :)
Do polymags fit in your mags okay? I've heard some longer stuff doesn't fit super well.

Do polymags fit in your mags okay? I've heard some longer stuff doesn't fit super well.
Fits the 'magazine' on my Leshiy Classic just fine. ;-) (it's a single shot - but they fit in the Huma .22 pellet dispenser great, they do have to go nose-first into it.)

They do have to be clipped to work in the Leshiy 2, but otherwise work ok. They tend to lose skirt bits in the L2 occasionally though, so I only run them though the AEA HP SS MAX .30...

Oh, and the the Vortex Strike .30 are basically too darn big for everything I have, haven't found anything that really loves them, but if you cram them in, they'll work in just about everything. If you have a .30 that seems too 'loose' for whatever you're running, try those out.

View attachment 294686Did some shooting with the L2 today testing what velocity the premiers like. Set the reg pressure to 95 bar and that got me around 695-700 FPS. This was at 35 yards sitting supported with unsorted pellets(pretty sure I had a few dented skirts if the fliers are any indicator. With this tune in 22 cal I can get around 220 shots per fill with the bottle and 70 with the original cylinder.
If I sorted pellets I bet I could get this size of group out to 70 yards. If you're wondering if the L2 will shoot the cheap stuff I'll say that mine will. I forgot to mention all groups are 8 shot groups.

View attachment 294694

Are these the Premier domes or hollow points? Another poster on this forum mentioned that his Leshiy2 shot the Premier domes well. I think at a faster speed than you mentioned but I'd have to go look that up.

I do have some hollow points here. I'll have to try them in my 22/250 L2.

They are hollowpoints but I have not noticed a difference in how they group vs domes. The Crossman wadcutters in the carton shoot terribly in this gun though, like a shotgun group.
Are these the Premier domes or hollow points? Another poster on this forum mentioned that his Leshiy2 shot the Premier domes well. I think at a faster speed than you mentioned but I'd have to go look that up.

I do have some hollow points here. I'll have to try them in my 22/250 L2.

Fits the 'magazine' on my Leshiy Classic just fine. ;-) (it's a single shot - but they fit in the Huma .22 pellet dispenser great, they do have to go nose-first into it.)

They do have to be clipped to work in the Leshiy 2, but otherwise work ok. They tend to lose skirt bits in the L2 occasionally though, so I only run them though the AEA HP SS MAX .30...

Oh, and the the Vortex Strike .30 are basically too darn big for everything I have, haven't found anything that really loves them, but if you cram them in, they'll work in just about everything. If you have a .30 that seems too 'loose' for whatever you're running, try those out.

What do you mean the Polymags lose skirt bits?

I read on the now defunct UK airgun site that wadcutter shaped pellets are possibly a bad idea in the Leshiy2 due to how the flat face might catch on the barrel if alignment is even slightly off. Unfortunately very few old threads migrated over to the new forum so I can't say for sure if this was based on anything or if it was just speculation.

They are hollowpoints but I have not noticed a difference in how they group vs domes. The Crossman wadcutters in the carton shoot terribly in this gun though, like a shotgun group.

As I just posted, I read on another forum that wadcutter shaped pellets are not a great idea for the L2 due to how the flat face might catch on the barrel as it transitions from the magazine.

I have a bunch of wadcutters and some Ultra Shocks in 22 that I haven't tried in the Leshiy2 for this reason.

I read on the now defunct UK airgun site that wadcutter shaped pellets are possibly a bad idea in the Leshiy2 due to how the flat face might catch on the barrel if alignment is even slightly off. Unfortunately very few old threads migrated over to the new forum so I can't say for sure if this was based on anything or if it was just speculation.
That's what I was figuring was going on so I stopped trying to get those to group but the Premiers commonly go for $6 a tin of 500 so commonly it's not worth trying to save a few pennies.

It could well be off the face - who knows.

Certainly have found small lead rings in the mag after shooting the polymags whatever they're coming from - - so the L2 eats Hades nuclear shaped pellets when I need expansion, or slugs.

Oddly, it was still perfectly fine in terms of accuracy overall, didn't see a major change in POI even when it'd shave a ring off.

As I just posted, I read on another forum that wadcutter shaped pellets are not a great idea for the L2 due to how the flat face might catch on the barrel as it transitions from the magazine.

I have a bunch of wadcutters and some Ultra Shocks in 22 that I haven't tried in the Leshiy2 for this reason.

Everything I've read/seen on those ultrashocks leads me to think they're just a bad idea. :)

That's what I was figuring was going on so I stopped trying to get those to group but the Premiers commonly go for $6 a tin of 500 so commonly it's not worth trying to save a few pennies.

I do like wadcutters at close range but probably won't bother trying them in the Leshiy2.

It could well be off the face - who knows.

Certainly have found small lead rings in the mag after shooting the polymags whatever they're coming from - - so the L2 eats Hades nuclear shaped pellets when I need expansion, or slugs.

I need to order some Hades. I need something that will minimize pass throughs on rabbits.

View attachment 294686Did some shooting with the L2 today testing what velocity the premiers like. Set the reg pressure to 95 bar and that got me around 695-700 FPS. This was at 35 yards sitting supported with unsorted pellets(pretty sure I had a few dented skirts if the fliers are any indicator. With this tune in 22 cal I can get around 220 shots per fill with the bottle and 70 with the original cylinder.

View attachment 294694

My go-to pesting pellet is the Crosman Premiers, as well. But when pesting I'm shooting out to 30 yds, max. Probably any pellet would be perfectly accurate at that range.

I forget my exact settings but the pellets are coming out a little over 900fps.

My go-to pesting pellet is the Crosman Premiers, as well. But when pesting I'm shooting out to 30 yds, max. Probably any pellet would be perfectly accurate at that range.

I forget my exact settings but the pellets are coming out a little over 900fps.

Had some lightweight NSA slugs in my AEA HP SS MAX the other day, and couldn't hit ANYTHING when playing around in the field.

Came home and did some paper testing.. Confirmed that it was not the gun or optics or me. Dang thing looked like a shotgun at 20 yards - and literally could NOT hit anything at 40 yards. Had to laugh, I'd never tested that combo and just assumed since the AEA likes the 61.5 grain heavy slugs, it'd eat the light ones fine too, since the Edgun L2 likes both. Yep.. I was wrong. LOL