• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Leshiy 2 Crew Need Some Advice

Ok leshiy 2 crew i am close to being able to get a leshiy 2 and not sure which way to go. Over the last year I have sold A LOT of gear and other stuff I haven't been using to fund all the amazing pcps I have gotten this year. I have been very very lucky and got the opportunity to get 4 of Ernest Rowe's personal guns not all at the same time but still. So I am trying to see what caliber and version will do me best. I currently habe a impact .30 700mm at 106fpe, a compact impact .25 at 50fpe, a veteran .25 at 50fpe, and a crown mk2 .22 at 17fpe. So the leshiy will be used 50 yards and under and most of the time I love what I have but that fast follow up shot is really itching at me. Its a toss up between the . 22 and .25 I know .22 has more ammo options will yield better shot count and a flatter shot but if im spending all this money I want it to kind of be smaller to medium size game pcp from rats and chippers to coon size if needed thats why I like the. .25. Next comes barrel size 250mm vs 350mm I know I will get a fps boost just from the extra length but thats just it it will have extra length I liked the fact that the 250mm would come in shorter than any of my other pcps I currently have. Next comes the version with all that said I can save money and just get the standard version and slowly make it the way I want I see donny is making steps and I'm sure it will be something worth a look, or do I get the sparrow right off the bat and have the upgraded handgaurd and a huma mod30. Sorry for the novel but its alot of money and I know I can only make the choice but I would like to see input from actual owners.

Heres the pic L2 Sparrow from your IM, for shots I am not sure because I haven’t been paying attention - just busy having fun with it and not worrying about the specs yet and I have all 5 stacks on it. 

The pic on EGW is misleading also because not all the stacks are on the gun, I think just 3 stacks, the rail does limit the size of your moderator unfortunately to the Huma Air 30 I believe.

E7DE6CFD-6B79-4706-B30B-EFBAC678C038.1632149601.jpeg

Thank you for that. Yes you would need the barrel adapter and need something like I tanto, koi, or huggett snipe. Still not sure which way to go, how is accuracy for you and how far you shooting.

it's been a tack driver as i have it set up for 30 yards so far as that's my area to take out chipmunks etc in my backyard - just got a big fat chipmunk an hour ago too.

And in order of ammo preference and accuracy: JSB Hades, H&N Crow Mag, H&N Barracudas, AVS Slugs and Polymags. Seens like I get more flyers with the Slugs. The Reg has not been adjusted, all factory settings for now. YMMV.

Note that the gun is VERY LOUD without a good moderator (and no, the standard factory shroud/mod is NOT a good moderator if you want a relatively quiet gun).

I have the .25/350mm barrel combo and added the Valkyrie Mod40 package, to give a reasonably quiet gun that delivers about 45 to 47 FPE with the JSB 25.4 and 33.95 grain pellets. For me, the 250 barrel would (a) be louder, and (b) have less power. That was not a combination I wanted, hence the 350mm barrel. Just a note that you can take out one of the moderator sections on the Mod40 without a material impact on the sound of the gun. However removing two sections leads to a LOUD gun.

For carrying the gun from place to place Int. Folds up, so the length is not an issue. For walking around ready to shoot the 350mm/moderator combo is obviously longer than the 250, but for me anyway, not too long.

A3AF0337-673F-4C30-8D1E-F9A9C3BF8DB8.1632155596.jpeg
B4E690FD-AC5E-47D5-9E2B-68EA819111A3.1632155652.jpeg

Note that the gun is VERY LOUD without a good moderator (and no, the standard factory shroud/mod is NOT a good moderator if you want a relatively quiet gun).

I have the .25/350mm barrel combo and added the Valkyrie Mod40 package, to give a reasonably quiet gun that delivers about 45 to 47 FPE with the JSB 25.4 and 33.95 grain pellets. For me, the 250 barrel would (a) be louder, and (b) have less power. That was not a combination I wanted, hence the 350mm barrel. Just a note that you can take out one of the moderator sections on the Mod40 without a material impact on the sound of the gun. However removing two sections leads to a LOUD gun.

For carrying the gun from place to place Int. Folds up, so the length is not an issue. For walking around ready to shoot the 350mm/moderator combo is obviously longer than the 250, but for me anyway, not too long.

A3AF0337-673F-4C30-8D1E-F9A9C3BF8DB8.1632155596.jpeg
B4E690FD-AC5E-47D5-9E2B-68EA819111A3.1632155652.jpeg

Thanks for the info do you happen to have a shot count before you upgraded to the bottle by chance and what's your over all length now as it sits the way you like it 

Thanks for the info do you happen to have a shot count before you upgraded to the bottle by chance and what's your over all length now as it sits the way you like it

I was getting around 2-3 mags with the original tube. Now I shoot a full 5 mags first, probably I could go for 6-7 but I tend to fill after 5. With the original shroud the gun was 29.75”. With the Akula/Mod40 combo it is 35” long.

Chris

Ride123

Mod40 is 9 inches long in the standard 5 section configiration and unscrews easily. You can run more or less sections depending on sound requirements.

So figure about 4 inches longer than standard configiration. Standard moderator sticks out 4 or 5 inches longer than the emd of the barrel, mod 40 sticks out 9 so length gain 4 or 5 inches.