Leshiy 2 build tips needed. (What NOT to do) Parts guide or guidance

My Leshiy 2 came in last week and "let the games begin!" I have a few friends with pcp air rifles that I trek through the woods with 2 friends blasting things and punching paper in the yard they have been on me to buy a "real" air gun. One has an FX Wildcat and the other a Hatsan. I have been using my 1983 Beeman R1. After over a year of slingshot and Red Ryder comments I went online and read and searched and read some more. Challenge accepted! 3 months of stalking this forum and youtube I decided on the Leshiy 2. Here is where I need some of you to help. I need build advice, experiences, to do's and not to do's. Tishina or Shopot? Thinking US Optics TS-12x or maybe Athalon? So far I have the Leshiy and my brother gave me his Atlas BT10 bipod. I REALLY need to demoralize these clowns so any advice will be greatly appreciated!!!
IMG_3668.1627602845.JPG
IMG_3670.1627602858.JPG

In all seriousness, in regards to moderators, you have other alternatives such as the Huma Mod30 and Mod40 if you plan to have it tucked inside the Valkyrie handguards. Also, the DonnyFL Shogun works good with the 350mm .30 barrel and Valkyrie CF handguard. If you get the CF handguards and run a moderator inside, just be aware that if you add a picatinny rail, you'll have to cut down the screws to fit. I don't have experience with the 2 Valkyrie moderators you mentioned and can't say they work better than the Huma or DonnyFL. If you plan to tune or get other calibers, get the power jets and the reg tester. Also consider the 300cc bottle from EDgun West. That .30 will consume a lot of air. If you mainly hunt and want to keep it in your current configuration, then you're fine.

But I will need to HIT the plate! What glass are you using?

Lol, sorry. I'm running 2 optics on LaRue QD mounts depending on the mood I'm in and switch between the two. I currently have it setup with a NF NX8 2.5-20X50. I have an old Aimpoint T1 Micro that I also switch out with for closer work. For a more budget friendly optic, take a look at the new Athlon Helos BTR Gen2 2-12x42 with Mil reticle. I think the reticle would be perfect for the L2 with the circle of death. You can also look at getting a LPVO but just remember that most have a fixed parallax at 100 yards unless you get a March scope with side focus down to 10 yards.

I should have stated that I am trying to keep the scope in the 750-1000 area. I am on a blue collar budget. Dont want to go all Walmart but cant see crashing through the woods with a scope over 2K! With that said I was leaning Athalon or USO From what I have read on here they both seem to work well 50 to 100 yds with decent clarity. Or do you know another scope in that price range?

I will never recommend a scope that I haven't used myself, so obviously that limits what I can recommend. But I have very high optic standards as well. My March F 3-24 is stellar, but not fully necessary. My recent purchase of a Hawke Frontier 30 FFP 4-20x 50 has really pleased me. Very clear, great airgun scope, nice clicking, good eye box, really no complaints.

The thing about all the scopes I see being posted about is that they are 13.5-14+ inches long and weigh up around 30-38oz. That's a lot of weight to add to a gun. I went on the search for the smallest, most compact, high mag range scope I could find with the best clarity, reticle and I found that in the MarchF 3-24x42. But that is a scope my income doesn't allow a fleet of. So my search continued for some time for a lower cost alternative to the MarchF that I would still be happy using. I was alerted to the Frontier 30 FFP and after some research I decided it was compact (just over 12"), light (22 oz IIRC) and worth a try. I worked a bunch of discounts and was able to get one for under $700 shipped. If you shop smart you might get it in the $7-800 range. 

Edit to add that IMO the Frontier FFP reticle is as good as the Nightforce NX8 one.

First thing I suggest you do is read the thread on here named, EdGun Leshiy 2. It is up to 138 pages . Lots of info on the rifle from the users and videos from Ed and Brian. As far as how to set it up, it’s a real rabbit hole so take your time , read the reviews and look at the pictures to decide how to accessorize you gun. I was one of the first 100 and ordered items ahead of getting my rifle . A lot of accessories were not even available yet and worse no reviews to guide me. I have swapped out all the original accessories with newer ones so I wasted a lot of money up front. In my opinion , or taste, I think the Leshiy 2 is best fitted with one of the Compact scopes . A 3 X 12 SF is all you need . The gun is meant to be compact and light for hunting. Full size scopes IMO don’t look right and defeat the rifles original purpose. The only benefit they bring is a little more light gathering which isn’t a game changer for me. I tried the US Optics compact 3 x 12 first. Great little scope but I had trouble seeing the recticle in the woods. Wish it were illuminated . But that is a problem with First Focal Plane scopes with me. So I switched to the new Optisan 3 x 12 SF compac which has low turrets and a slender profile. I like the recticle and it looks right on the Leshiy. Again I wish it were illuminated . I run a separate Holosun red dot on a 45 degree mount for anything within 20 yards AR style. Works great and quick in the woods and after dark with a mounted flash light. As you will read the Leshiy is not a quiet rifle. The stock Moderator works OK in .22 but the 30 needs more. I tried the ShoPot system first. Looked great and gives you a lot of options to mount stuff but the Moderator doesn’t do much to quiet down the gun. The consensus out there is the Huma moderators do the best. The size depends on which forearm guard you decide to use. Again look at the pictures and read the reviews. I finally ended up with the CF 15 “ forearm with the Huma MOD 30 moderator. I tuned my gun with a .2 jet and plugged the other hole. The reg I set at 165 bar. That only gave me 2 magazines of air so I got the 300 bottle which added another 1 1/2 mags which is good for a walk in the woods unless the chipmunks are out in numbers. I shoot the JSB 50 grain or the FX Hybrids in my .30 x 350 barrel. On the subject of slugs you will find that slugs will slide right through the magazine so you can’t load a spare mag and carry it . You have to load the mag in the chamber which is a good thing as the magazines are a pain in the ass to take in and out . I bought some 3D printed speed loaders that work better than swapping magazines and are cheaper. They are on eBay from a guy in England. If you get them get some thin rare earth magnet discs and epoxy them to the bottom of the speed loader. Use that to remove the magazine retainer plate. Quick and easy reloads. If you decide on the metal forearm , I have the 250 and 350 lengths with ShoPot moderators I’ll sell. I also sell the US Optics 3x12 scope. 
AC45A10E-15D3-4085-80F4-B6055320764A.1627609564.jpeg
3E7E8A67-77A2-4B4E-8BC1-3CE810E965C0.1627609565.jpeg

Here is a picture that shows how I made mine. There are no mounts being offered to do this so you have to make them . I have the Eagle Vision scope rings which have extra tapped holes on all the flats to mount whatever accessories to them. I use and strongly suggest useing speed loaders instead of messing with the magazines, taking them out loading and putting them back in. A lot of extra time and wear and tear on your rifle. I mounted a 1/8” x 3/4” fender washer I bought at Lowe’s to the side of the EV scope ring with a flat top screw which is flat to the washer. I epoxied a 3/4” x 1/8” cylinder rare earth magnet to the bottom of the speed loader ( see picture) . The speed loader just sticks to the washer ( painted black ) and can’t be knocked off. The magnet comes in handy to remove the steel plate on the magazine when you open the action. Then flip the speed loader to place on the mag , twist the top to dump the pellets/ slugs, flip the speed loader to place the steel plate back on the magazine and your done. All with one hand. You can carry the speed loaders in your pockets too. If you don’t have the Eagle Vision scope rings you can use a 90 degree picatinny mount and grind off the picatinny lugs and epoxy the washer to it to acheave the same thing. It may stick out a little farther than mine on the scope rings. That is the top picture which I first made to hold the OEM magazines . After I got the speed loaders I found them to stick out too far so I saw I could just mount the washer to my scope rings which moved them 1/2 “ closer. 
C82768D3-B7EB-417A-9715-483900026B67.1627676874.jpeg
96C3E8AE-9335-435E-A42D-981432B74C56.1627676963.jpeg

This is just my personal opinion:

Don't: 

1. Don't make the gun longer, you paid good money for a short gun

2. Don't make the gun heavier, you paid good money for a light gun

3. Don't put a huge scope on it, no point trying to punch paper with but make it a terrible hunter it is designed to be. No one go to bench rest competition with an AR carbine! 

DO add a 1-6 LPVO or a light weight 5x prism scope and walk the woods with a lot of pellets and a buddy tank in the backpack. 

IF you want to demoralize your buddies at the range with 100 yard groups then get a range gun like a Crown or Redwolf. 

**so i an a newb at airguns, so i don't want anyone to think i am trying to act like an expert** but i will tell you what i am doing.

like qball, i think the improvements in LVPOs makes them a good candidate for an air rifle if you intend to shoot mostly under 100 yards.

decent ones are good enough to run them like a red dot at 1x, so fun and fast for plinking, while giving to decent magnification for more precise shots.

i recently put a Burris RT-6 scope on my 10/22 and it is outstanding for the price.

for this pcp, i wanted to try out the Swampfox Arrowhead 1-10x after hearing good things about them.

since i have not had it long, i can only say that the clarity and brightness is terrific again. the illumination is good and there are 2 night vision settings if you hunt at night.

/i mostly shoot Scar 20s in 7.62x51mm out to 800+ yards,

I had the USO 12x on mine while waiting on the March I ordered. Clear glass and fit fairly well. However mine has too much play in the focus knob and I’ll be sending it back. Found out that this series of USO scopes are not made in the USA. Also note the it is not illuminated if that’s important to you. If you go this route Euro Optic had them on sale recently for $400. At that price and with a life time warranty it’s ok and I’d be happy with a replacement if the focus knob problem is not widespread.

i put a TruGlo Centra 4-14 ffp on mine. doesnt _quite_ focus down to 10 yards….

Ive come to think that carrying it in yer pack, folded, is a very bad idea. the TP “gasket” o ring thingie can come out, and dirt/dust etc can get into the other oopenings

also NEVER never never dry fire without a magazine. The TP thingie ^^ WILL be ejected, and if outside, you will llikely never find it. I did it inside, and still cant find it. I used one of the others included and reamed the holes to proper sized (ok, guessed at the proper size..)

.EdGun west says they are on back order and not expected for a while……