Leshiy 2 - 3D print

Hi Towle,

I'm trying to make a 2 disc nut-less version speedloader body as small as possible in diameter using a Tinkercad.

It's very slow and takes crazy amount of time. Could you please, as the creator, move the locking position pins and holes inside the pellet placement space? 

Thanks a lot,

Jake

Yes I could do that but there are downsides

You will lose the ability of the speed loader to index on the end of the magazine index arm to keep the base from turning while turning the top of the speed loader

L2 mag index wheel lever.1634398754.JPG

It will be a 3 hand operation

One hand to hold the gun, second hand to keep the magazine from turning, third hand to turn the mag

And the indexing accuracy will suffer

OD 40MM:

OD40mm L2 speedloader wcjake423 a.1634399173.JPG

OD40mm L2 speedloader wcjake423 b.1634399198.JPG

..so special edition 4 you - will attach PM if you want to try it

Any chance you can post the speedloader OpenSCAD source, here or on Thingiverse? 

I had missed this thread. Here are a few items I've made. 

PCP fill adapter cover: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5164084

Thread protector / muzzle brake: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5154573

Magazine box: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5144941

I'm all for sharing, but please understand I put a lot of thought in the design, my main goal was to make it easy for everyone to print and assemble, the BOM is now down to 1 screw, the print is plug and play, even for anyone new to 3D printing, no risk of warping, no support material needed, no finishing work after print
If damaged, any single part printed will fit the rest perfectly (printed with the same settings that is)

Sharing the design files would mean loosing control of the versions

So sorry, wont share the design files but will be happy to make any adjustments You might want and post PM, but please don't ask me to make a 6 disc version, its a silly thing IMHO :)

It's totally up to you. But that's pretty much exactly what I was going to do -- make a 6-disc version, or something like that. It would also make it easy to print off a model that has as many rings as will fit whatever bolts I have on hand. 

FYI, most resin printers are relatively small so to use your .stl files we'd have to open up your .stl files in an editor, and parcel out the components to various individual .stl files. Parceling things in this pre-packaged form is the opposite of easy, for some users. 

The greater purpose of sharing is that it saves people time. If I want to make something else that holds a magazine snugly (say a little muck/dust shield for when the Leshiy is open), I could open your .scad file and read off your well-measured dimensions myself. But if I wanted to build one on my own, I'd likely have to measure everything carefully, try a print, fit, edit my model, try another print, fit, etc.

Anyhoo, those are a few reasons to share, that come to mind. 

Leshiy 2 RPER reg. adjust tool

Designed with a center pin for easy indexing 

I used 2mm stainless welding rods for the pins, may be on the larger side as the reg holes measures 2.1mm as far as I can tell

The pin holes are made for a pin length at 20mm, You can use a hand drill to rotate the pins against a belt sander or file to round the ends, finish of with fine grit wet sand paper or polish wheel to give it a nice smooth surface

The pin holes are OD 2.1mm as far as I can measure, I made the pins from 2mm stainless welding rod, may be a bit on the large side, so I have posted 4 versions with with holes 1.5 - 1.6 - 1.7 - 1.8mm

Enjoy!

L2 reg adj. tool 2.1641317730.JPG

L2 reg adj. tool 3.1641317738.JPG

L2 reg adj. tool 4.1641317749.JPG

L2 reg adj. tool 5.1641317763.JPG

download.png
View attachment L2 reg adj. tool pin hole OD 1.5mm.1641317822.stl

download.png
View attachment L2 reg adj. tool pin hole OD 1.6mm.1641317845.stl

download.png
View attachment L2 reg adj. tool pin hole OD 1.7mm.1641317868.stl

download.png
View attachment L2 reg adj. tool pin hole OD 1.8mm.1641317898.stl

Towle, just a quick note with my thanks for sharing your speedloader .stl with us. I printed up a sheet of the 3-disc version overnight and they are a very nice and well thought-out design that as you said, prints very well. Will source the screws today and run a second sheet overnight tonight. Eight of these should be more than sufficient for my needs.

I didn't mind an overnight run as my printer wasn't otherwise occupied, so I printed as follows:

Prusa MK3S+, 0.15 Layer Height, 15% Gyroid Infill, Hatchbox Orange PLA

IMG_8073.1641397489.jpg

I thought I would try making a hopefully slightly more efficient and effective puck (transfer port seal) for the Leshiy 2. 

This is the rough design. Any ideas for anything I might be missing? 

Screenshot from 2022-02-14 12-07-36.1644869386.png

Screenshot from 2022-02-14 12-07-57.1644869394.png

The primary changes from the original are:

1) the hole diameter transitions from the port opening to the pellet diameter

2) the o-ring cavity has the same shape as the o-ring, i.e. round not square. 

3) there is only rounding on the face that touches the magazine.

I'll try printing this tomorrow and see how it goes. I might need to add a bit of rounding on the face that is opposite the magazine, to get a good snug fit.

When I'm done I'll put this on thingiverse as a "customizer" so you can print for whatever calibre your Leshiy is setup for.

I think I see your rationale. If it's square there will be three "contact circles" and two intermediate pockets of air. Those little pockets will slow the transfer of air around the o-ring. 

I still think a tight-enough circular cut-out should work, but I'll try both and compare. I suppose I could try a hexagonal cut-out as well, to have three air pockets.