Leshiy 2 - 3D print

i got the mini assembled last night and am trying my first print now (not even trying a sample print). it is telling me over 9 hrs and of course i have no idea what i am doing, lol. i had to calibrate the first level several times to get it low enough (ended up around -1.950 to get it to smoosh a little bit so the solid test section came out "solid".

perhaps it is foolish not to start with a PLA tree frog, but i ain't got time for that!

Try printing a 3d benchy (you can find it on thingiverse)

If the quality is good

Then you can start printing the baffle using the settings i posted before.

You can use petg or abs for the baffle.

oh, i am already printing the baffle in petg, using your settings. i figure testing it out on your baffle is pretty much the same as testing any shape, except the time wasted making something i don't want. of note, the support structure added by the slicer i have looked different than yours, but otherwise it seems like it is working (not that i would know).

progressCapture.1629500312.JPG

if you couldn't tell, i am not the "work my way up" sort of guy, but more like a dive into the deep end sort, hence the leshiy 2 being my first air rifle.

I'm curious how much clearance are you giving the pellet path in the original design? PETG tends to be a bit gooey to print with and my pellet path was lightly covered over printing following your orientation.

when printed in the horizontal position and with the pellet channel unsupported you might get a small hang from the upper perimeters, I do not know how PETG react to machining but I cleaned up my print in PLA Max (5-6 times stronger than normal PLA) with a 5.5mm chainsaw file

L2 Baffle .22 chainsaw file.1629549978.JPG

L2 Baffle .22 1.1629549990.JPG

Reactions: adamworkinghard

if you have any pictures of how they came out, especially before you removed the structure and cleaned it up, that would be great and maybe let me know if i am on the right track or taking a ride on the failboat.

This is from my horizontal print with a home made Franken printer

L2 Baffle .22_printbed side 1.1629550301.JPG

L2 Baffle .22_printbed side 2.1629550322.JPG

L2 Baffle .22_printbed top.1629550344.JPG

Up skirt view though the glass with kapton tape

L2 Baffle .22_printbed upshirt.1629550369.JPG

After removing the support material

L2 Baffle .22.1629550502.JPG

perhaps it is foolish not to start with a PLA tree frog, but i ain't got time for that!

Try printing a 3d benchy (you can find it on thingiverse).....

....You can use petg or abs for the baffle.

or the pellet test plate in this string

Also the PLA Max I use seems to hold up very well at least in .177 cal with reg. at 140 bar

I also printed you B model

L2 Baffle .22 B.1629551588.JPG

L2 Baffle .22 B 1.1629551618.JPG

L2 Baffle .22 B 2.1629551628.JPG

Thank you very much for you time in design and sharing!, it would be impossible for me to make a thing like that i OpenScad!, your work is highly appreciated!

I do not have access to a sound-o-meter but the difference from the original moderator is substantial!

Thank you very much for you time in design and sharing!, it would be impossible for me to make a thing like that i OpenScad!, your work is highly appreciated!

I do not have access to a sound-o-meter but the difference from the original moderator is substantial!

you are welcome!

if you are using .177 I have attached a .177 version which has a 5mm pellet path.

download.png
View attachment L2 Baffle .177 .1629567067.STL

did u notice any difference between the normal and B model? I have the 350mm barrel so when I designed the B model the barrel doesn't actually go past the holes in the baffle but in your 250mm version the barrel is well past the vent holes which is not what I intended.

L2 Baffle .22 B 2.1629551628.1629566132.jpg

I think for L2 short versions it is better to stick with the normal version.

I'm curious how much clearance are you giving the pellet path in the original design? PETG tends to be a bit gooey to print with and my pellet path was lightly covered over printing following your orientation.

when printed in the horizontal position and with the pellet channel unsupported you might get a small hang from the upper perimeters, I do not know how PETG react to machining but I cleaned up my print in PLA Max (5-6 times stronger than normal PLA) with a 5.5mm chainsaw file

L2 Baffle .22 chainsaw file.1629549978.JPG

L2 Baffle .22 1.1629549990.JPG

I used a 7mm reamer on mine for .25. Things are bit too busy around here this weekend to test fit and fire. The supports in PETG were a real bear to remove. I can't wait to measure the noise difference.

very interesting.

have you tested these for a prolonged period? how is the consistency?

my .22 leshiy came with two 0.2 nozzle and I want to try bigger jets.

thanks a lot for sharing

That turned out really well, waiting to hear how good it works.

If you hear nothing, you know it works :)

It didn't work out so well for me. I did three shots using the standard issue moderator with the sound meter a meter away from the muzzle on the right. DB data recorded for three shot was 85.4, 85.3, and 87.1. I installed the "B" version on a 350mm .25 and the sound volume went up. I took two shots that were over 91 db. The magazine stopped cycling so the moderator may have put pressure on the barrel.

That turned out really well, waiting to hear how good it works.

If you hear nothing, you know it works :)

It didn't work out so well for me. I did three shots using the standard issue moderator with the sound meter a meter away from the muzzle on the right. DB data recorded for three shot was 85.4, 85.3, and 87.1. I installed the "B" version on a 350mm .25 and the sound volume went up. I took two shots that were over 91 db. The magazine stopped cycling so the moderator may have put pressure on the barrel.

My magazine is back to cycling correctly. The barrel apparently got tweaked in during assembly. I confirmed with before reinstalling the factory moderator. I loosened the barrel retention screws, applied pressure and tightened it down. Everything is back to normal.